Derrick Gragg for AD

Started by jnhogs, November 17, 2017, 12:33:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jnhogs

Experienced, worked under Broyles, smart guy - could be a good hire

The_Iceman

A very realistic name, for sure.

TrueBlue

AND....the person responsible for the hiring of Frank Haith at Tulsa after Haith had violations at Missouri AND Miami. Does not look good on his resume for that.

And some people hate the Jeff Long hires...smdh

bulldog04

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 17, 2017, 06:06:51 am
AND....the person responsible for the hiring of Frank Haith at Tulsa after Haith had violations at Missouri AND Miami. Does not look good on his resume for that.

At least he has experience running a program unlike most of the names being thrown around

TrueBlue

Quote from: bulldog04 on November 17, 2017, 06:08:22 am
At least he has experience running a program unlike most of the names being thrown around

Yes maybe but a lot of people have experience.

Knowingly hiring someone like Haith is truly a bonehead move.

jnhogs

Athog

Ouch!!

Hog Fan...DOH!

Pretty good hire for Tulsa.

TNRazorbacker

factchecker

Dr. Gragg earned his doctorate from The University of Arkansas.  He also worked in the Razorback athletic department in the early 2000s as an associate athletic director.

He is much more deserving of the position than what some idiots here wanted (Tuberville or Nutt).
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

texas tush hog

Hires winners.

Shoat

Checks all of the boxes for me. Excellent choice!!!!

factchecker

I think the biggest positive for Dr. Gragg will be his experience working under Broyles.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hoggish1

Hogindasticks

Nothing new on my end.  Looks like Gragg will be great compromise at AD.  Still not a done deal.  I've heard nothing to lead me to believe that Gus won't be our next head coach.

Porkatarian out...

UA1985

Looks good on paper. Given that some on this board wanted an investment advisor (Scanlon), it's odd to see posts expressing concerns that Gragg's AD experience is not in a power 5 conference.

texas tush hog

Quote from: factchecker on November 30, 2017, 05:23:12 pm
I think the biggest positive for Dr. Gragg will be his experience working under Broyles.

And Coach Broyles resounding praise, great hire.

HoggyCat

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 17, 2017, 06:15:40 am
Yes maybe but a lot of people have experience.

Knowingly hiring someone like Haith is truly a bonehead move.

And how do you know their "GOBN" didn't force him to hire him?
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

hulk hog

I guess the AD that hired Calipari at Kentucky didn't worry about his resume either. Seems to have worked out okay.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

NuttinItUp

Sounds like an experienced guy.

Good hire.

TXArcher

Get a good coach and all is forgiven.

Silver Hog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on November 30, 2017, 05:27:48 pm
Nothing new on my end.  Looks like Gragg will be great compromise at AD.  Still not a done deal.  I've heard nothing to lead me to believe that Gus won't be our next head coach.

Porkatarian out...
did you log in with your second account and forget to switch back?

Kneph13

Typical compromise hire and a poor one.  Way to be progressive and proactive Arkansas - NOT.   Third rate.
There is no Political Correctness in war

NoogaHog

Quote from: Silver Hog on November 30, 2017, 06:40:34 pm

Whoo hoo! We caught us one! He's a big un, too, Pa!
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Kingfish

Quote from: Silver Hog on November 30, 2017, 06:40:34 pm
Hahaha...oh too funny...I did this once when I was talking to like three chicks at the same time.  And then there was one :D

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: Kneph13 on November 30, 2017, 06:41:05 pm
Typical compromise hire and a poor one.  Way to be progressive and proactive Arkansas - NOT.   Third rate.

What don't you like?

TebowHater

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on November 30, 2017, 07:02:39 pm
What don't you like?

I support Gragg and am happy with this hire but if you look at his football hires they are underwhelming at best and frightening at worst.

HawgTide

Quote from: Kneph13 on November 30, 2017, 06:41:05 pm

Are you posting this in every thread?

King Kong

Can we just hire this guy already? Seems like a no brainer

moses_007

Quote from: King Kong on November 30, 2017, 07:39:22 pm
Can we just hire this guy already? Seems like a no brainer
Much better choice than Comer Peoples.......

ipigsooie

Why is the ad thread here? Just curious. Seems like  it fits better elsewhere

ipigsooie

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 30, 2017, 07:44:44 pm

Sorry...clicked wrong spot. My bad

HawgTide

Quote from: TebowHater on November 30, 2017, 07:14:00 pm
I support Gragg and am happy with this hire but if you look at his football hires they are underwhelming at best and frightening at worst.

Hopefully we get this head coach hire right and we won't need one for a long time

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: TebowHater on November 30, 2017, 07:14:00 pm

Assuming it's Gragg, he definitely has more resources to work with at UA...well, assuming it's about anyone they have more resources to work with.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 30, 2017, 07:44:44 pm

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

flagstaffhog

Welcome back Dr. Derrick Gregg.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

HogT

Thank goodness JCP is no longer thinking she is calling the shots.
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

COACHINTEXAS

Nolan Richardson did pretty well coming over from Tulsa!
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

hawgdavis

Quote from: COACHINTEXAS on November 30, 2017, 08:44:41 pm
Nolan Richardson did pretty well coming over from Tulsa!

Yes, yes indeed

nightrider388

Only thing I know about him is he wrote a book about being black at an predominantly white college Vanderbilt and his wife wrote a book about teaching your black children how to safely deal with the police when you get pulled over. That the key is coming home alive . So yeah perfect hire for northwest Arkansas. 
You people believe everything you read from some basement dwelling Twitter feed reporter. 99% of you never heard of this guy until now but all think great hire. Look at all these up and comer great coaches that surface every year and then they don't win and vanish.

AirWarren

Quote from: nightrider388 on November 30, 2017, 08:53:26 pm
Only thing I know about him is he wrote a book about being black at an predominantly white college Vanderbilt and his wife wrote a book about teaching your black children how to safely deal with the police when you get pulled over. That the key is coming home alive . So yeah perfect hire for northwest Arkansas. 
You people believe everything you read from some basement dwelling Twitter feed reporter. 99% of you never heard of this guy until now but all think great hire. Look at all these up and comer great coaches that surface every year and then they don't win and vanish.

Bingo.

Hoggle

Disaster. Out of the frying pan (Long) and into the fire.  The lack of judgment is stunning. But hey, if everybody can feel good about themselves at the expense of the University, then by all means.... 

NinoHogUNIA

Somebody is triggered.
BIE

qbrew

I think all of Arkansas would want someone who can teach our Student athletes to handle adversity.  I couldn't care less what an AD's wife does, but the Guy's Resume' looks good.  I hope he does well.

hawaiianhogster

A really horribly done video on Dr. Gragg. Why even post that on any site. I would be ashamed of myself if I produced that video.

nightrider388

Hiring Frank Haith does not look good on a resume. Bret Bielema's resume looked good too.

Oklahawg

Quote from: nightrider388 on November 30, 2017, 10:04:01 pm
Hiring Frank Haith does not look good on a resume. Bret Bielema's resume looked good too.

Getting a seated coach from a P5 conference to come to TU = impressive even if he was tainted.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

rupert

Vanderbilt guy---well though of here in Nashville

Hogwaller

I am reading elsewhere that Gragg has a personal relationship with the guy from the search firm. Something about the guy being an assistant coach at Gragg's previous employment and being hired by Gragg in previous coaching search. Anybody in the know about this?