Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who actually is in the GOBN?

Started by mj4president, November 16, 2017, 08:45:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

The good ol boy network, who is actually considered to be part of it?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

3dawghawg

Good Question. Is it HDN backers or is it GM backers? Or is it somewhere in the middle. I don't really know.

jjfmetal11

I think if it were Nutt backers they would be hiring Tommy Bowden     :puke:           

mj4president

Actual names though, not just backers? I've never seen anyone mention the booster who are in it.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Ex-Trumpet

I'm not at liberty to tell who they are, but I'm being rushed pretty hard to join.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

greenie

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 16, 2017, 08:56:33 am
I'm not at liberty to tell who they are, but I'm being rushed pretty hard to join.

you must be a legacy...I hear it's hard to get a bid if you're an outsider

woodrow hog call

For a nice donation to my private fund, I can put in a good word for you to the rest of the guys.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

IronHog

GOBN was the doners that controlled the BAC once JFB was a lame duck......most notably Jim Lindsey

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

woodrow hog call

One thing about it, "someday the mountain might get us but the law never will".
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

go hogues

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 09:02:25 am
GOBN was the doners that controlled the BAC once JFB was a lame duck......most notably Jim Lindsey
But Jim has severe Alzheimer's, correct? I was thinking he wasn't in the picture at all anymore.

These days, it's the NWA powerbrokers. I think the Little Rock guys continue to donate but have pretty much conceded in the fight for control of the meddlin'.

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Michael D Huff AIA

I can say for 100% certainty that I am in no way a part of, nor ever have been a part of, the GOBN.  Scratch my name off the list.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: greenie on November 16, 2017, 08:58:55 am
you must be a legacy...I hear it's hard to get a bid if you're an outsider

I am, but more in the realm of Flounder.  I have you down as a reference, however!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

LRHawg

Here's a pic taken recently at their last tailgate.

IronHog

Quote from: go hogues on November 16, 2017, 09:09:52 am
But Jim has severe Alzheimer's, correct? I was thinking he wasn't in the picture at all anymore.

These days, it's the NWA powerbrokers. I think the Little Rock guys continue to donate but have pretty much conceded in the fight for control of the meddlin'.

Apparently people like the Stephens don't care much anymore....

If Gus comes back you know the NWA boosters made it happen.

Given the current situation Gus would be a top choice

Hawginj

Elvis, big foot, Santa Claus, Ernest P. Worrall, Vern, Mr. T, George Jefferson, The ghost of Christmas Future , and Colonel Sanders!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hawginj on November 16, 2017, 09:16:08 am
Elvis, big foot, Santa Claus, Ernest P. Worrall, Vern, Mr. T, George Jefferson, The ghost of Christmas Future , and Colonel Sanders!

Col. Sanders is a Wildcat.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: go hogues on November 16, 2017, 09:09:52 am

Still lots of money coming in from the Lindsey organization.  John David has a lot of influence.

razorcash2

Is Bobby Allen still in that group?

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 09:13:52 am

Apparently people like the Stephens don't care much anymore....

If Gus comes back you know the NWA boosters made it happen.

Given the current situation Gus would be a top choice

The Stephens are interested in making money. They want someone who'll bring games back to WMS and justify a big bond to upgrade it.

Hawginj

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 16, 2017, 09:16:45 am
Col. Sanders is a Wildcat.
he sits on every major board. With his beadie little eyes staring at me...oh your going to buy my chicken...he puts an addictive chemical in it that makes you crave it daily and nightly.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

dfwalumdad

cool! we need the dues!

Mellon Collie

Including, but not limited to, Keyser Soze

lakecityhog

GOBN is simply another way for people to complain about not getting their own way. Keep HDN = GOBN,
Fire JL = return of GOBN

ipigsooie

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

riccoar

Quote from: mj4president on November 16, 2017, 08:45:15 am
The good ol boy network, who is actually considered to be part of it?
People who last year, spent more money on spilt liquor than you make.

They are known to sport Rolex's on one hand and diamond rings on the other.  Done a little kid stealing and whole lot of wheeling and dealing.  They ride in limousines and fly in jets.  And been known to have a hard time to hold down the expensive alligator shoes they sport.

That, is who the GOBN is.

OtterHog

Quote from: Cotton on November 16, 2017, 09:35:21 am
Otter joined that group yesterday.

My bank account disqualifies me from the GOBN

OtterHog

Quote from: riccoar on November 16, 2017, 09:43:28 am
People who last year, spent more money on spilt liquor than you make.

They are known to sport Rolex's on one hand and diamond rings on the other.  Done a little kid stealing and whole lot of wheeling and dealing.  They ride in limousines and fly in jets.  And been known to have a hard time to hold down the expensive alligator shoes they sport.

That, is who the GOBN is.

Wooooo

IronHog

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on November 16, 2017, 09:19:09 am
The Stephens are interested in making money. They want someone who'll bring games back to WMS and justify a big bond to upgrade it.
m

If the Stephens cared they'd just buy Bama and move it to LR.

IronHog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 16, 2017, 09:17:55 am
Still lots of money coming in from the Lindsey organization.  John David has a lot of influence.

He the one that him and his Dad bankrupted some banks?

Kamkaizen

Just curious, as far as you know, are there any people of color in the GOBN?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Kamkaizen on November 16, 2017, 09:50:14 am

Maybe that's why they are rushing me...never thought about that!

Cotton

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 16, 2017, 09:45:07 am
My bank account disqualifies me from the GOBN
Same, If I had that kind of money I would invite all of Hogville to visit me in Costa Rica.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Coach Obvious

Quote from: woodrow hog call on November 16, 2017, 09:09:03 am
One thing about it, "someday the mountain might get us but the law never will".

I hear they're making their way the only way they know how.

Coach Obvious

Quote from: Kamkaizen on November 16, 2017, 09:50:14 am

You mean, like interior designers? House painters?

riccoar

Quote from: Coach Obvious on November 16, 2017, 09:57:33 am
I hear they're making their way the only way they know how.
And, the law is none too happy that they are exceeding those limits

Coach Obvious

Quote from: riccoar on November 16, 2017, 09:59:24 am
And, the law is none too happy that they are exceeding those limits

Yeah, but their mommas love 'em though.

Seebs

Festus, Cleatus, Buck and Roy, Grannie, Minnie Pearl, Grandpa Jones, Freddy Fender (diversity), haystacks Calhoun, jimmy from Grapevine. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Coach Obvious

Quote from: Seebs on November 16, 2017, 10:02:11 am
Festus, Cleatus, Buck and Roy, Grannie, Minnie Pearl, Grandpa Jones, Freddy Fender (diversity), haystacks Calhoun, jimmy from Grapevine. 

Stringbean. He originated saggin'.

Deep Shoat

Look at what Irwin is reporting about how we are going to make Gus tell us no.  That will tell you a lot about who the GOBN is.

But ultimately, it is the people, boosters, ex-players, and alumni, who want ACCESS for their dollars.  Who want some modicum of CONTROL.  Theyvet that when they pick the new AD and/or me coach.

Watch.  The new AD will be someone with Arkansas ties who is beholden to one or more of those power broker boosters. 

And the new HC will be Gus.  Or Mike Norvell, if they think they can control him.  If not, look for Lashlee or Horton or some other Arkansas retread.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 09:48:54 am

Unless you know something I don't, I think the Lindsey's came through the real estate bust smelling pretty good.

You are probably thinking of Brandon Barber, the son-in-law of John Ed Chambers.  Brandon is doing time for his misdeeds.

CiriusPorker

Co-worker this morning used the GOBN mentality to try to make an illuminati connection.  So, ..just saying.

SPAL

THE GOBN is a network we hated when we needed a reason to fire nutt and the thing we love when we need to fire long. Basically, it's just whatever we need it to be.

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 09:48:54 am

I'm not 100% sure he bankrupt any banks, but he filed bankruptcy.

http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2012/jan/22/boom-bust/

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 16, 2017, 10:08:16 am
Unless you know something I don't, I think the Lindsey's came through the real estate bust smelling pretty good.

You are probably thinking of Brandon Barber, the son-in-law of John Ed Chambers.  Brandon is doing time for his misdeeds.

Well, not exactly.

The Kig

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 16, 2017, 09:26:20 am
ricepig, prj, and DeltaBoy

Only one of those is remotely plausible... can't say who, but it isn't delta or prj (being an employee of the club doesn't mean you're in the club).
Poker Porker

ricepig

Quote from: The Kig on November 16, 2017, 10:25:29 am
Only one of those is remotely plausible... can't say who, but it isn't delta or prj (being an employee of the club doesn't mean you're in the club).

It ain't the other one, lol.

The Kig

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 10:28:07 am
It ain't the other one, lol.

I know... just laughable that you got lumped into the same sentence w/ them.   
Poker Porker

IronHog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 16, 2017, 10:08:16 am

I'm sure the Lindsey's came out great

The people they didn't pay back took a beating