Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scott Varady

Started by Granny fan, November 15, 2017, 10:30:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Granny fan

Any chance he gets the job for AD?

HoggyCat

General consensus in the AD needs athletics background.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

TebowHater

Not likely but would be a good hire. An Arkansas guy that is smart and also humble / well-liked. Has extensive athletics and NCAA experience from his 20 years as general counsel for athletics, not to mention his time as the executive director of the Razorback Foundation. Don't think there is anyone out there that currently understands the department, state, and boosters better than him. Not to mention there is no bigger Razorback. That said, think someone like Scanlon might be better and has the capacity to eventually develop said understanding.

ShadowTheHedgehog

I don't see this happening but Scott is an awesome smart and humble guy with great experience. They may want a "bigger name" tho.

ur

HE'S A SINNER.......That's the name of his band. Scott's a nice guy.

Rustyhog

Good dude. Excellent person. Very smart. Hard Core Razorback. Not enough capital earned yet. In other words, not a household name that average Joe Razorback fan knows.

Would be an excellent #2 if he would do it.

ricepig

Quote from: Rustyhog on November 16, 2017, 01:13:20 pm
Good dude. Excellent person. Very smart. Hard Core Razorback. Not enough capital earned yet. In other words, not a household name that average Joe Razorback fan knows.

Would be an excellent #2 if he would do it.

Leave him at the RF, he's the de facto #2.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 01:19:28 pm
Leave him at the RF, he's the de facto #2.

Then he should go in your 24k toilet.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hogblog

Quote from: TebowHater on November 16, 2017, 09:12:47 am
Not likely but would be a good hire. An Arkansas guy that is smart and also humble / well-liked. Has extensive athletics and NCAA experience from his 20 years as general counsel for athletics, not to mention his time as the executive director of the Razorback Foundation. Don't think there is anyone out there that currently understands the department, state, and boosters better than him. Not to mention there is no bigger Razorback. That said, think someone like Scanlon might be better and has the capacity to eventually develop said understanding.

Kevin is making way too much jack at Stephens to take the pay cut.....they contribute millions and have a say in the direction of the program anyway....

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 16, 2017, 02:53:48 pm
Then he should go in your 24k toilet.

Sold it to that giraffe dude.

PossumFan

WalHog2018

Jim Harris

Quote from: Hogblog on November 16, 2017, 02:54:06 pm
Kevin is making way too much jack at Stephens to take the pay cut.....they contribute millions and have a say in the direction of the program anyway....

But what if he wants the job?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hogblog

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 16, 2017, 03:23:47 pm

Then give it to him..... He would be an awesome AD!

Hogblog

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 16, 2017, 03:23:47 pm

and he has a seat at the billionaires table..... and we know money talks......

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 02:54:57 pm
Sold it to that giraffe dude.

So he wouldn't part with Tatiana? 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hogman_33

He would be a great hire IMO

hog911

Quote from: Granny fan on November 15, 2017, 10:30:51 pm
Any chance he gets the job for AD?
great option! If he won't take it I will and I guarantee we will be a top notch program! No excuses!

Ray Piggers

Scott is an absolutely fantastic person, and I would be thrilled for him if he were to be named AD. He and I talk drums and Hogs a few times a month.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

husker71

I like this idea a lot.  I have no idea why everybody thinks the "must have athletic background"  is so important.  Scott is super smart and driven and organized (from what I have heard)  and a natural leader.  I am pushing for him right now.

Paragould Bulldog

Quote from: husker71 on November 16, 2017, 08:42:22 pm
I like this idea a lot.  I have no idea why everybody thinks the "must have athletic background"  is so important.  Scott is super smart and driven and organized (from what I have heard)  and a natural leader.  I am pushing for him right now.

Really?  Athletic experience is kind of important when applying for the ATHLETIC DIRECTOR position.