Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gus is a spineless careerist

Started by RideTillIDieHawg, November 15, 2017, 05:44:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsshakinbacon

To you guys saying Ken Hatfield was a good coach...I remember those games well.  Decimate the 80% of the teams on our schedule that would have always been obviously weaker than Arkansas on a regular basis...but those losses to the 20% of teams that had better speed were intolerable.  And while we competed well in the SWC there's no way we could have done well in the speed-laden SEC...even at that time.  Ken was a good coach...but there were times his offense frustrated me more than Houston nutt's playcalling.

Bacon out...

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on November 15, 2017, 05:48:47 pm
Big difference between leaving A-State and leaving the Hogs not even considering he's from NWA.

I guess since Lou Holtz coached in Fayetteville, that makes him from NWA too. Gus is "from" Ft Smith.......born in frigging Texas. Walked on at Arkansas,
and transferred to Henderson where he lettered but was not a starter.

LZH

I would take him in a heartbeat over what we have seen in the past six years. But, even though every game at Auburn he is coaching for his job, it feels like he may use this opportunity to get a raise and another year or two on the Plains to win a NC (which he very well could).

Besides, I would really like to see what Norvell could do here provided he could field a really good defense. Of course, I may regret the hell out of saying that in 3 or 4 years, too.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: tusked on November 15, 2017, 06:10:17 pm
Bowden Wyatt (I think thats who it was) left for TN.

Francis Schmidt. 41-21-3. Left for TCU, then Ohio State.

Popularized the phrase "They put their pants on one leg at a time." So Ohio State players get gold pants charms which they can hock for cash and still play in bowl games, after receiving pay for performance from The university. Which is not Francis' fault.

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: elksnort on November 15, 2017, 07:53:48 pm
hey doo doo head where you [CENSORED] live?

Right now Savannah, GA, but of everywhere I've lived Fayetteville is my favorite.

elksnort

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on November 16, 2017, 05:33:00 am
Right now Savannah, GA, but of everywhere I've lived Fayetteville is my favorite.
Haha, ironic. Savannah is neat place. My dad's father lived there, my aunt and cousin live there. I owned and sold a piece of property in Garden City a few years ago.

Anyway, watch out for the paper mill smell.

elksnort

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 15, 2017, 08:46:08 pm
To you guys saying Ken Hatfield was a good coach...I remember those games well.  Decimate the 80% of the teams on our schedule that would have always been obviously weaker than Arkansas on a regular basis...but those losses to the 20% of teams that had better speed were intolerable.  And while we competed well in the SWC there's no way we could have done well in the speed-laden SEC...even at that time.  Ken was a good coach...but there were times his offense frustrated me more than Houston nutt's playcalling.

Bacon out...
Like in 1987 in WMS against Texas. Hey coach, at least try and throw the damn ball. One or two first downs would have won the game.

JONAS

Quote from: hotdog hog on November 15, 2017, 08:34:22 pm
and Lou Holtz is even better

Hatfield was the only good coach to leave on his own.  The others were fired. Yes, Nutt was fired.  Bowden Wyatt left to go to his alma mater.