Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gus is a spineless careerist

Started by RideTillIDieHawg, November 15, 2017, 05:44:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RideTillIDieHawg

And I'd take him in a heartbeat.

1. He has coached and won in the SEC and everywhere else he's been.
2. If he has success, he's not likely to bail on a bigger job like an up and comer would.
3  He is a tireless recruiter.
4. He's not a 400 lb drunk buffoon.

Arkansas Fan

I don't think an up and comer would bail on us, we're the job that he bails for.

My biggest concern with Gustav is he won't get the amount of talent here than at Auburn, especially on defense.

1highhog

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on November 15, 2017, 05:44:02 pm

2. If he has success, he's not likely to bail on a bigger job like an up and comer would.

No, he won't bail on a bigger job says the Arkansas State Indians.

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: 1highhog on November 15, 2017, 05:47:57 pm

Big difference between leaving A-State and leaving the Hogs not even considering he's from NWA.

Ethan2010

Quote from: 1highhog on November 15, 2017, 05:47:57 pm
If you had to live in that dump known as Jonesboro you'd want out too.

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: Ethan2010 on November 15, 2017, 05:49:23 pm

Exactly. NWA is the crown jewel of the state and is recognized nationionally as a great place to live. Jonesboro......I think once there was a school shooting there when I was a kid other than that nothing noteworthy about it.

Bubba's Bruisers

I'm indifferent to Gus, but he's like any other D1 coach.  They're all a careerist...if that's even a word.  Our next coach, regardless of who it is, will be the same.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on November 15, 2017, 05:50:37 pm
Exactly. NWA is the crown jewel of the state and is recognized nationionally as a great place to live. Jonesboro......I think once there was a school shooting there when I was a kid other than that nothing noteworthy about it.

And all you have to do is convince recruits from the deep south to come to NWA.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

BoogaHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 15, 2017, 05:52:56 pm
And all you have to do is convince recruits from the deep south to come to NWA.

Not hard at all.  I'm from Alabama and signed to be a Razorback.  Thought I had died and gone to heaven when I arrived on campus.  It's 200% better than when I was there in the 80's.  Even better than Austin where I got grad training.  Take that to the bank!

Tusks

John Grisham was born in Jonesboro.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

BoogaHog

Quote from: BJJHog on November 15, 2017, 05:59:18 pm
Not hard at all.  I'm from Alabama and signed to be a Razorback.  Thought I had died and gone to heaven when I arrived on campus.  It's 200% better than when I was there in the 80's.  Even better than Austin where I got grad training.  Take that to the bank!

Ever been to Auburn or Tuscaloosa.  I have lots.  Steaming...  They even had to cancel reproductive biology (sex ed) and drivers ed this past semester at Awbun.  Seems the mule died...  I'll be playing at the Catskills Inn on Thoisday evenings.

BoogaHog

Quote from: tusked on November 15, 2017, 06:01:56 pm

Right up there with Tolstoy, Ibsen, and Dostoevesly...Aw sorry there's me T-sipper coming out lol

Razorback7

NAME ONE COACH THAT HAS LEFT THE U OF A THAT EVERYONE AGREES WAS A GOOD COACH THAT ISN'T NAMED BROYLES?

NuttinItUp

I would love to have Gus just for the entertainment value of seeing all the haters have blood coming out their ears when we won the SECCG.

Hawginj

Quote from: Razorback7 on November 15, 2017, 06:08:28 pm
NAME ONE COACH THAT HAS LEFT THE U OF A THAT EVERYONE AGREES WAS A GOOD COACH THAT ISN'T NAMED BROYLES?
Ken Hatfield? He was my favorite.

Tusks

Bowden Wyatt (I think thats who it was) left for TN.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 15, 2017, 05:46:35 pm
I don't think an up and comer would bail on us, we're the job that he bails for.

My biggest concern with Gustav is he won't get the amount of talent here than at Auburn, especially on defense.
And no matter who we get they too will not get the talent on defense at Arkansas, but at least Gus will already understand that about Arkansas by being in the league for awhile and also being our OC before. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bphi11ips

NAME ONE COACH WHO EVERYONE AGREES WAS A GOOD COACH.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hawginj

SooieGeneris

I would support him if he is the guy, not my first choice but if he manages a win over 'Bama in two weeks, would that not throw a monkey wrench under the hood of the Gus Bus coming to NWA?

I mean, he'd be a SECCG win away from the playoff quite possibly even with 2 losses.

And I have it on good authority that Bert doesn't weigh an ounce over 375..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: BJJHog on November 15, 2017, 05:59:18 pm

Gee.  Yet nobody has done it with any consistency since being in the SEC.  It's far from easy.

BoogaHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 15, 2017, 06:16:11 pm

Lou was good, except my Freshman year.

Orange Bowl Champions
Fiesta Bowl Co-Champions
Sugar Bowl against National Champ Bama Co-SWC Champions when SWC was dominant against SEC
Hall of Fame Bowl Champions
Gator Bowl Barely lost
Bluebonnet Bowl Champions against Florida Cheating Gators
6-5 Frosh year fired

BoogaHog

What the heck.  The Bug Stomper is fine..come on down Gus.

jbigs77

Wont happen but id take him to. He will probably get a good raise out of this. When is the next PHD types going to start the Gruden thing again? Oh I'm sorry not any not that many of that type post on here, just act like it. lol

Hawg Life

I remember the last coach that had some success @ a SEC West school and left to coach another SEC West school..Houston Nutt!! Gus isn't the answer, nor is he coming here!!

jbigs77

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 15, 2017, 06:16:11 pm

Ken Hatfield
But he got fed up with Frank. Left without notice. Killed the program. DO some research. If you don't know what your talking about, then don't talk.

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: tusked on November 15, 2017, 06:01:56 pm

Bet he GTFO as soon as he could too.

DoctorSusscrofa

Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

MC_Hog

:puke:

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

elksnort

Quote from: Ethan2010 on November 15, 2017, 05:49:23 pm
hey doo doo head where you [CENSORED] live?

elksnort

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 15, 2017, 07:50:43 pm
actually black oak.
you been wrong about a lot of darn. It was likely born in Jonesboro there's no hospital over Black Oak

Calling All Hogs

If Gus promises to make us the Boise State of the South look out!

Tusks

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 15, 2017, 07:50:43 pm
actually black oak.

He lived in Black Oak but he was born in Jonesboro.

The Hawg Marshal

I don't care if you want to hate on stAte, but Jonesboro is not a bad town. Other than the mosquitoes it's actually pretty nice.

elksnort

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 15, 2017, 08:03:32 pm
I don't care if you want to hate on stAte, but Jonesboro is not a bad town. Other than the mosquitoes it's actually pretty nice.
and I will go as far as to finding a-state too. My dad played football around track there. And if you say something bad about my dad I'll knock your danged head off

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Calling All Hogs

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Calling All Hogs

onebadrubi

Quote from: elksnort on November 15, 2017, 08:05:17 pm
and I will go as far as to finding a-state too. My dad played football around track there. And if you say something bad about my dad I'll knock your danged head off

I thought at small crappy schools the track was always around the football field?  First I've heard of the football around the track thing...

Jimbob111

Gus has always made me think of Cary Elwes in Twister. Same character. However, I try to keep on mind that Elwes was also AWESOME in The Princess Bride so maybe Gus could be Arkansas' hero in black...and maybe Brent Venables could be his DC and walk around announcing "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die"...
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

hotdog hog

Ken Hatfield

elksnort

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Heard Jim Dandy say it was the chitiest little town in America.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

King Kong

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Hawginj on November 15, 2017, 06:10:12 pm
Ken Hatfield? He was my favorite.

Can't argue with success, but I never could get used to handing it off to the fullback on 3rd and 8.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.