Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malzahn Non Compete

Started by jimmur74, November 15, 2017, 03:14:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bville_hog

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 15, 2017, 04:20:54 pm
If you don't think this is right, then you don't understand college football and recruiting.  I am not saying I like it, I am saying that it is a fact.

No your are not right.  Before BB, Ark was pretty even head to head with Arkansas and Arkansas has never had the overall level of talent Auburn has, so that should tell you that Arkansas does not need to same level of talent as Auburn has to beat them, or at least that is is possible. 

havok

Don't know about Gus having a No Compete clause...

...apparently Coach BB has a "no compete" clause.  He reminds us pretty much every week of football season.

Looks like they may get rid of the coaches instead of the plane this time, Rice.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 15, 2017, 04:25:17 pm
I just think its a BS excuse by people who are afraid to compete if success isn't guaranteed.
We've been competing 25 years and arwnt above 500.  Whoever it is has their work cut out, I hope they hit it out of the park.

Troll-ingmotor

Quote from: S.A.D.C on November 15, 2017, 03:28:10 pm
Posts link to actual legal document...
Hogvillians open, can not comprehend...
End of Thread.

I'm a pretty smart cookie. I deal with algorithms and machine learning daily. I can't make sense of any legal document.

That said, machine learning is about to automate a few million lawyers out of a job in 15 years.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on November 15, 2017, 06:27:34 pm
Looks like they may get rid of the coaches instead of the plane this time, Rice.

Cheaper to buy a better used Lear, hell, Jerra might even donate his G5, if he still has it. 

Shoat

Russ22

Quote from: Perennial 8-4 Team on November 15, 2017, 04:40:08 pm
This would not be difficult to test in court; it's very cut-and-dry in the contract. Also, Jeff and Bret failed to install non-compete clauses in contracts until Sam Pittman left us for Georgia (and Chaney before him, although I don't think anyone was too upset about that). 
I didn't mean that a university couldn't enforce it through the courts. I meant the optics of actually keeping someone from freely pursuing  a job at a different place. That is very bad PR.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Pork Twain

Quote from: Russ22 on November 15, 2017, 10:21:27 pm
I didn’t mean that a university couldn’t enforce it through the courts. I meant the optics of actually keeping someone from freely pursuing  a job at a different place. That is very bad PR.
Coaches have been doing it with players for a long time and it barely raises an eyebrow
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/