Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trap Game?

Started by bphi11ips, November 14, 2017, 10:43:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Al Boarland

The OP is bound to be right once this season. His/her consistency is might just pay off.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Al Boarland on November 14, 2017, 05:37:35 pm
The OP is bound to be right once this season. His/her consistency is might just pay off.

Actually, I predicted this very scenario as a possibility in June. No one wanted to hear we might be here having to win two games to get bowl eligible. The schedule just set up so that if things went downhill in the three winnable games before Alabama, it could become a snowball rolling down a hill. I said the TCU game would be a swing game. It was.

None of what has happened changes the fact that we have two winnable games left to get bowl eligible. Maybe not as winnable as they looked in June, but winnable nonetheless.

It wasn't popular to suggest we could go 3-9 in June if things went south early. No one wants to hear we can win two games at home now. What most here say has never mattered much to me. I just say what I think.

What I think is this is a trap game for Mississippi State. I never said I think we'll win.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

carolinahogger

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 14, 2017, 12:52:38 pm
They will absolutely destroy us. Trap game hahaha

Call me crazy but I think we stay within 30 points of them.

WaltonCollege

MSU can rage all Friday night at George's, Mullen can spend the next morning at Crystal Bridges, and Bert can get his alter ego Brett Favre to play qb and this game will still be over after the 1st.

Iwastherein1969

Mullen is going to keep that team razor sharp. Danny Boy is in line to get a job where he can really contend and not have to play Saban until the SEC Championship game. Trap game, my foot. The brindle bulldogs are going to run by, around, through, past, over, just name the preposition that applies. It won't matter. We are DAWG MEAT.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: CiriusPorker on November 14, 2017, 12:35:42 pm
if we win this game, I say keep bielema...

ok..just kidding.  No I don't.

You really scared me there. 

Lady Razorback

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 12:36:47 pm
I'm driving up for a band concert on Sunday, thought I might catch the game on Saturday.

I am for real driving up for the basketball game Friday night, and am getting suckered into the football game on Saturday. That I feel that way makes me really sad. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 14, 2017, 11:41:22 am
Been a while, but that is partly mental. On paper we should be much better than we have played. Sometimes all it takes is something to go right for that to change.

Arkansas was 4-5 in 2014 and had lost 17 straight SEC games. Who thought they were about to shut out two ranked opponents in Fayetteville back-to-back?

I'd rather win than lose.  I have to think these players are the same way. They do have reason to believe, starting with a healthy fifth year QB.

I am not confident AA is healthy. I don't expect him to play all four quarters.

LJHOG

If we win this game someone best be checking the bank accounts of the refs.  Of course you can't rule out food poisoning.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: elksnort on November 14, 2017, 11:27:37 am
THIS^^^^.

It would take our team all four quarters of playing very well to beat Mississippi State. When is the last time the Razorbacks have played four complete quarters?

Mississippi State, 2011

BrickTwnHog

Quote from: Al Boarland on November 14, 2017, 10:46:00 am
Fitz is going to have a field day.

maybe if we didn't have morons running the program

Hoggish1

Grunt

November 15, 2017, 03:05:22 am #63 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 03:19:12 am by Grunt
 ;)
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Grunt

MSU is good. We're not.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

rlamb

This game reminds me of the Misstake game during Danny Ford's last year. So I guess
that game was in 1997 or so.We were about 3-7 and Misstake was around 8-2 and ranked.
I believe Jackie Sherrill may have still been there then.

Anyway, we came out and punched them in the mouth from the first whistle on playing our
best game of the year.
We won by 20-6 or 27-6, something like that? I think it will happen again. We must play
T. J., though, and a lot.

Pork Twain

They are much less beat up than us, much more talented and have a much better coach.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

bphi11ips

Quote from: rlamb on November 15, 2017, 03:54:43 am
This game reminds me of the Misstake game during Danny Ford's last year. So I guess
that game was in 1997 or so.We were about 3-7 and Misstake was around 8-2 and ranked.
I believe Jackie Sherrill may have still been there then.

Anyway, we came out and punched them in the mouth from the first whistle on playing our
best game of the year.
We won by 20-6 or 27-6, something like that? I think it will happen again. We must play
T. J., though, and a lot.

This is the one I mentioned in the OP.  Definite parallels going in. Defense played way above their heads and Chrys Chukhuma pounded the ball. Final score was 17-7.  Someone needs to step up and team needs to play for four quarters. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Snouty

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 15, 2017, 08:14:28 am
This is the one I mentioned in the OP.  Definite parallels going in. Defense played way above their heads and Chrys Chukhuma pounded the ball. Final score was 17-7.  Someone needs to step up and team needs to play for four quarters. 

In the words of Dana Carvey imitating George H.W. Bushe:  'Not gonna do it. Nah gah dah."