Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manny Watkins...

Started by Hoggle, November 12, 2017, 12:11:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggle

Watched a replay of the game on Watch ESPN app and Manny was doing the color commentary. He actually did a really good job - lots of personal insights of current players and playing for CMA.  Look forward to hearing more from him.

bville_hog

He did a great job!  Was very impressed.

PORKULATOR

Would be a good fit as the future voice of the basketball  Razorbacks.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

sickboy

I was actually really surprised. I tuned in late and assumed the guy was a seasoned color guy. Wasn't until he started talking about playing experience with the Hogs that I realized who it was. Kid sounds mature beyond his years. He could have a a bright future at it.

MakingPlays

Hawg Red

So crazy that we watched him start vs UNC and then he's calling the next game for the Hogs. Kikko is also calling games for SECN this season, too.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: sickboy on November 12, 2017, 01:14:24 am
I was actually really surprised. I tuned in late and assumed the guy was a seasoned color guy. Wasn't until he started talking about playing experience with the Hogs that I realized who it was. Kid sounds mature beyond his years. He could have a a bright future at it.

Yah I was thinking the same thing, he understands the game really well and is able to actually communicate those thoughts in a great way.  That is a rare quality in the business today, and Tony Romo has proven that fans appreciate a bit more of a deep dive into the dynamics and understanding of the game. 

With that, I could see Manny becoming a figure on SEC network equivalent to what Greg McElroy is to SEC football, but the only reason I do not see this happening is because I think he loves the game so much and will get into coaching sooner rather than later.  Would not be surprised to see him as an assistant coach for the Hogs in the not so distant future.
SCREW Vandy!

hawgmasta

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 12, 2017, 01:43:47 am
Yah I was thinking the same thing, he understands the game really well and is able to actually communicate those thoughts in a great way.  That is a rare quality in the business today, and Tony Romo has proven that fans appreciate a bit more of a deep dive into the dynamics and understanding of the game. 

With that, I could see Manny becoming a figure on SEC network equivalent to what Greg McElroy is to SEC football, but the only reason I do not see this happening is because I think he loves the game so much and will get into coaching sooner rather than later.  Would not be surprised to see him as an assistant coach for the Hogs in the not so distant future.

I agree he may get into coaching but man, if your good at that he could make just as much as a coach long term and keep working his way up. Less pressure, get to enjoy the games, dream job

niels_boar

I thought he did a fantastic job on the commentary, but I'd like to see him get on the sidelines.  He will probably make a fine coach...with deep Razorback ties.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Cinco de Hogo

Listened to the first half in the radio and I also thought he did s good job.

TebowHater

He was much better than this current guy. I wonder how he would do when not calling the hogs, but he was outstanding for us.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: TebowHater on November 12, 2017, 05:40:09 pm
He was much better than this current guy. I wonder how he would do when not calling the hogs, but he was outstanding for us.

This current guy is Pat Bradley. I love the Shoota! Need him and Watkins to team up.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hawgphish

RebHog

November 12, 2017, 06:45:48 pm #13 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:58:43 pm by RebHog
Would like to hear him call a game in which he didn't just play(for the team) for but sounded good.

rude1

Guess it just wasn't me who thought he did an outstanding job, gave insight, was witty, and seemed mature beyond his years. I was going to mention it, but decided maybe I was just being a homer since I didn't see anyone else comment on it.

BrooklynRoss

He was fantastic considering that was his first time on stage. Good color, great voice. All he needs to add is more analysis.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Birminghog

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 12, 2017, 01:43:21 am
So crazy that we watched him start vs UNC and then he's calling the next game for the Hogs. Kikko is also calling games for SECN this season, too.

Was that Kikko doing the women's game today?

LRHawg

PonderinHog

He's good, but he's no Blake Eddins.   ;)

Ugly Uncle

So impressed with him.  I think he has a real future with this.
Retired Radio Host