Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida Gators to Target Mike Norvell

Started by woo.pig, October 28, 2017, 08:39:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog.goblin

Quote from: LAGNAF on October 29, 2017, 01:33:04 pm
He admitted it. Not sure how an agent negotiates a contract that allows you to lie with national media microphones in your face.

I haven't seen the audio where he admitted it.  Just where he said maybe he shouldn't have said anything.

My point is that the buyouts can't become meaningless.  Agents won't let that happen.

"We played hard today." - oops, maybe he lied about that. Fired with cause. 

If McElwain told the AD he just made it up then he's a fool and should be fired.  If he tossed the letter away or heard it on the radio then it's all a nonissue.  That's not reasonable cause.

I bet he sees a sizable buyout anyway, just not anywhere near the contract.

hog.goblin

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 29, 2017, 02:15:29 pm
If Florida is such a great job, why did they get stuck with Muschamp and McElwain back to back?  If Norvell could choose between Florida and Arkansas, I don't think Florida is a slam dunk choice.  Not the way it once was anyway.

McElwain looked a lot like Norvell coming out of Colorado State.  Didn't work out like they expected.  2 straight SEC east titles but it was boring.

GuvHog

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 29, 2017, 12:46:03 pm
This is his first year losing. He took them to the SEC Championship game in year 1 and 2.

I'm aware  of that but the Florida faithful have very little patience. McElwain has been on thin ice since the Gators were embarrassed by the Hogs last year.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hog N Bama

Norvell needs to be Head Hog. Mullen to FL.  ;D

26.2Hog

rhames

Quote from: 26.2Hog on October 29, 2017, 03:37:35 pm
I will definitely agree that your avatars are always outstanding.

I do what I can to make this place enjoyable. Hahahaha
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 29, 2017, 02:15:29 pm
If Florida is such a great job, why did they get stuck with Muschamp and McElwain back to back?  If Norvell could choose between Florida and Arkansas, I don't think Florida is a slam dunk choice.  Not the way it once was anyway.

May be more of a reflection on the person doing the hiring.

Fla may not be a top five job now, but with the right coach and the recruiting base it certainly could be.

Cinco de Hogo

October 29, 2017, 04:43:37 pm #107 Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 04:57:55 pm by Cinco de Hogo
Quote from: Steef on October 29, 2017, 12:36:25 pm
My post history screams that I cant stand HDN.

HIS...history screams he will never work for us again.  So yeah, it wss a joke.

You were hinting you had inside info. But of course, you cant tell anyone...because its super secret.

But you still wanted everyone to know you knew.

So I made a joke to point out how silly your super secret post was.  THAT was my agenda.

It worked, too.

I dont have any other agenda for you. I don't know you well enough to have an agenda. Or care.

LOL right then don't respond to my post, as in ignore me.  It's your post history not mine.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 29, 2017, 01:33:31 pm
Not trying to be argumentative but I cant beleve the AD would sway someone that much?  My alma mater is UA and I would probably take the UF job.  Way bigger upside in the east.

Not argumentative, I'm sure it's rare.

nobballconcept

Hopefully Florida goes after Bielema!  Jen likes warm weather!!

Quote from: Pancetta on October 29, 2017, 10:59:43 am
Florida will never get out of the buyout. He never even said HIS family received death threats, he said  that coaches families receive death threats. The best they can hope for is he will reduce their buyout by taking a head job for $1-2 million somewhere else.
I'd take a head job $1-$2 million. probably a lot less.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Steef

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 29, 2017, 04:43:37 pm
LOL right then don't respond to my post, as in ignore me.  It's your post history not mine.

You're the one who brought up my post history

You dont like jokes?

HognotinMemphis

If he will leave SMU, I'd be pleased to get Morris.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ur

Quote from: nobballconcept on October 29, 2017, 05:09:12 pm
Hopefully Florida goes after Bielema!  Jen likes warm weather!!
or ucf if frost goes to florida. Can they afford Bret and Enos? That's the only way they would take our offense.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Steef on October 29, 2017, 06:15:21 pm
You're the one who brought up my post history

You dont like jokes?

Sure, I've just never seen you joke.  Now Ricepig, we can pull each other's string all day long.  My apologies if it were just an innocent joke. ☺️

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: ur on October 29, 2017, 06:19:06 pm
or ucf if frost goes to florida. Can they afford Bret and Enos? That's the only way they would take our offense.

Wouldn't be our problem.  If Bret is gone, Enos will be too.

elviscat

I would think that Dan Mullins would be the likely pick, he was offensive coordinator their. He would be a great coach for the hogs as well. He knows how to evaluate talent and QB development. MS, beat the dog crap out of A&M last night. MS, QB is outstanding it took two season but Dan has him function on all cylinders. They will beat the dog crap out of us in Fayetteville.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: AubFaninArk on October 28, 2017, 08:49:40 pm
I am thinking Dan Mullen returns...

It is my understanding that the reason Mullen wasn't considered at UF before was a feud with Jeremy Foley. Foley is gone, replaced by Mullen's former boss at Moo U, Stricklin.

Mullen would do very well at Florida IMO and has been looking to get out of Stankville, interviewing for several jobs the last 2-3 years.

The AD connection may make Mullen the favorite and he is definitely an upgrade over the Swamp Donkey McElwain.

I would take Mullen over what we have, but no way he comes here over UF if offered there. I would let UT have Gruden if we could have Norvell but we are probably still saddled with Butter Bean for at least another year..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Steef on October 29, 2017, 05:20:03 am
Any coach Florida wants, will go to Florida instead of Arkansas, regardless of who calls first.

Whoever Norvell's agent is, or any other coach's agent...it's their job to know who's shopping. They know it now.

And Florida is a bigger job than Arkansas. They know that, too.

Yes, Florida is for sure a bigger job. However, there is a LOT more pressure to win there and not just win but score a lot of points. Their idiot fans expect to win every game and score 40 or more, no matter the opponent.. BB wouldn't have lasted 4 years there, let alone 5..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: SooieGeneris on October 29, 2017, 07:38:05 pm
It is my understanding that the reason Mullen wasn't considered at UF before was a feud with Jeremy Foley. Foley is gone, replaced by Mullen's former boss at Moo U, Stricklin.

Mullen would do very well at Florida IMO and has been looking to get out of Stankville, interviewing for several jobs the last 2-3 years.

The AD connection may make Mullen the favorite and he is definitely an upgrade over the Swamp Donkey McElwain.

I would take Mullen over what we have, but no way he comes here over UF if offered there. I would let UT have Gruden if we could have Norvell but we are probably still saddled with Butter Bean for at least another year..

Wait a cotton picking minute, it's been said countless times on Hogville that who the AD is makes no difference to a coach. 

Or at least Jeff Long being the AD would make no difference.  Well I guess only time will tell us peons how the wind blows.

Steef

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 29, 2017, 06:31:54 pm
Sure, I've just never seen you joke.  Now Ricepig, we can pull each other's string all day long.  My apologies if it were just an innocent joke. ☺️

Hey!

I joke! Ive got a GREAT sense of humor!

texas tush hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 29, 2017, 06:18:28 pm
If he will leave SMU, I'd be pleased to get Morris.

He will, but it will probably be A&M. Our best bet is Norvell, if Jeffie will pull the trigger in time.

Mullen is not the great coach many seem to imply.  At Fla, he would be a solid 8+ winner with 9 to 11 in his wheel house.  Geo will be better most years.  But he is not going to guarantee FLA the East 8 out of 10 years and go win NCs.

Gus might take the Fla job and do well but I suspect the jab at Long earlier is Gus saying he would not come to Arkansas with Jeff as AD. and we know Petrino wouldn't.

GuvHog

Quote from: 12247 on October 29, 2017, 09:36:36 pm
Mullen is not the great coach many seem to imply.  At Fla, he would be a solid 8+ winner with 9 to 11 in his wheel house.  Geo will be better most years.  But he is not going to guarantee FLA the East 8 out of 10 years and go win NCs.

Gus might take the Fla job and do well but I suspect the jab at Long earlier is Gus saying he would not come to Arkansas with Jeff as AD. and we know Petrino wouldn't.

Say what you want but Mullin's MSU Bulldogs manhandled Texas A&M at Texas A&M yesterday. They were impressive.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PORKULATOR

I had to read way too much of this to see someone call him Swamp Donkey...  you guys should be ashamed of yourself
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

elksnort

Norvell seems like a bright hopeful coach.

Does he have enough history to be Arkansas coach

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: duckman on October 29, 2017, 09:02:25 am
I want BB gone, but with all of the jobs that are opening up this is a horrible situation for Arkansas to be in.  Hiring a coach after this season is going to be a massive crap shoot....

Oh, you mean we're not hiring Gruden?

https://giphy.com/gifs/eye-roll-over-it-lucielle-bluth-26BRNewWczBInMDhm
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra