Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thomas suspended

Started by azhog10, October 27, 2017, 09:29:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

azhog10

Violation of Team rules. Could miss 3 games.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: azhog10 on October 27, 2017, 09:29:08 pm

3 real games or are exhibitions included

Letsroll1200

Quote from: azhog10 on October 27, 2017, 09:29:08 pm

Disappointment! Kid should not even see the starting line up. Hopefully Bailey will take advantage of his opportunity.

azhog10

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 27, 2017, 09:30:28 pm
3 real games or are exhibitions included
Being reported 3 real games.

azhog10

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 27, 2017, 09:31:28 pm
Disappointment! Kid should not even see the starting line up. Hopefully Bailey will take advantage of his opportunity.
Didnt tonight.

Hawg Red

Disappointing. Not sure this kid values the opportunity he has.

BannerMountainMan

I love him as a player..but THUG! You're on a freaking scholarship to go to college..act like it
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Kevin

Senior, I guess some players never mature
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

010HogFan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 27, 2017, 10:11:42 pm
I love him as a player..but THUG! You're on a freaking scholarship to go to college..act like it

Cmon man no need for that, we don't even know what he did

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: 010HogFan on October 27, 2017, 10:40:49 pm
Cmon man no need for that, we don't even know what he did
I knew the first time he was using fake money soo..that kinda set it off man
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

010HogFan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 27, 2017, 10:45:46 pm
I knew the first time he was using fake money soo..that kinda set it off man

It slipped my mind that he was involved in that, a shame he can't stay out of  these things, whatever this new one may be.

Chop1034

Why is he still taking up a scholarship. This dude almost went to prison his redshirt year, now he's done something as a fifth year senior. I don't know what he did but he's a 5th year SR, it shouldn't matter. What does he really vdo for us anyway? And while I'm ranting, y'all that think Gafford is a lotto pick after his soph year, have y'all ever seen him play? I watched the entire championship game against JHS last year. Is he good, absolutely. Could he be a good player, sure. But you are dilusional if you project him that high . I'll be surprised if he's a lotto pick after his Sr year, not that he can't make it, it's just who in the hell did you see him dominate to put him on that pedestal?I'll answer that for you, not one person that's gonna be a lotto pick in their first two years. I'll take it a step further, not one person that's gonna be first, second,or third team all SEC in their first two years. Get a grip fans, he's gonna be good, but only big he works his tail off and gets a lot better.

BannerMountainMan

Anytime you get a 6'11 athletic big man...watch out!! He's only 19...he's got all the time to develop his game.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Kevin on October 27, 2017, 10:25:02 pm
Senior, I guess some players never mature

Just look at the kid. He doesn't exactly scream mature.

HawgnCorona

Good ol Hogville the moral compass of society, where nobody has done 1 thing in there lives wrong in there lives. People here are just perfect in life. Sarcasm...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hobhog

Quote from: HawgnCorona on October 28, 2017, 06:06:46 am
Good ol Hogville the moral compass of society, where nobody has done 1 thing in there lives wrong in there lives. People here are just perfect in life. Sarcasm...

Yeah. It's the fans fault.....

How many times does he need to mess up for us to be disappointed?

hobhog

Quote from: Karma on October 28, 2017, 01:44:51 pm

Dont you know? EVERYONE gets suspended at some point, right? I mean, you're obviously crazy to expect people to be able to do what's right and go 4 years without getting in doghouse. The 95% of those who stay clean are just losers.....

MakingPlays

I'd wait to reserve judgement on what he did, before calling for him off the team.   For all we know he could have got caught skipping class or something of that nature.  There's no need to label him a thug, when you don't know anything about him and wouldn't call him that to his face. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: MakingPlays on October 28, 2017, 05:16:43 pm
I'd wait to reserve judgement on what he did, before calling for him off the team.   For all we know he could have got caught skipping class or something of that nature.  There's no need to label him a thug, when you don't know anything about him and wouldn't call him that to his face.

Just like Arlando Cook, he is prone to poor judgment. Dude's 22 years old. It's not like he's a freshman. He's supposed to be a leader on this team as a 5th-year senior and he's out here getting tagged with "violation of team rules." Seems pretty Ky Madden-ish to me. It's disappointing. There's really no other way to view it. I think his proclivity for poor judgment has a carryover effect on the court and might explain some of his decision making there and his inconsistency.

No clue what he did to get in the doghouse but I hope he and Cook aren't rubbing off on the younger players. 

HawgnCorona

Quote from: hobhog on October 28, 2017, 12:39:25 pm
Yeah. It's the fans fault.....

We no whose fault it is. Certainly he is responsible for his actions. However you guys act as if you have done nothing wrong in your life, perfect much...You dont see your own immaturity. Yet some call names and hurl insults. Who does that?

Sometimes, some of you just need to shut up...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Karma on October 28, 2017, 01:44:51 pm

I apologized. I didnt know it was their responsibility to make us all happy. SMH...

GHG

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 28, 2017, 05:26:30 pm
Just like Arlando Cook, he is prone to poor judgment. Dude's 22 years old. It's not like he's a freshman. He's supposed to be a leader on this team as a 5th-year senior and he's out here getting tagged with "violation of team rules." Seems pretty Ky Madden-ish to me. It's disappointing. There's really no other way to view it. I think his proclivity for poor judgment has a carryover effect on the court and might explain some of his decision making there and his inconsistency.

No clue what he did to get in the doghouse but I hope he and Cook aren't rubbing off on the younger players.

Yea, it's disappointing they are making bad decisions, not condoning that at all.  I was just saying we don't know what he's done, let's wait to hear more details before wanting him kicked off the team and labeling him a thug, I just thought that was going a bit too far doing that.  Kinda like the people blaming Coach BB losses on his weight and doing stuff like that, it's just unnecessary and kinda classless TBH.

hobhog

Quote from: HawgnCorona on October 28, 2017, 06:46:10 pm
We no whose fault it is. Certainly he is responsible for his actions. However you guys act as if you have done nothing wrong in your life, perfect much...You dont see your own immaturity. Yet some call names and hurl insults. Who does that?

Sometimes, some of you just need to shut up...

So you defend actions you know nothing about.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: hobhog on October 28, 2017, 11:36:24 pm
So you defend actions you know nothing about.

Pfft. You dont make sense. End of discussion.

Letsroll1200

He's not a thug. He's a young person that is still growing. I would love to look in your closet because you've done some things in your life.

However, yours are not well known.

FineAsSwine

Maybe it was grades or not going to class.

daBoar

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 29, 2017, 10:37:58 am
Maybe it was grades or not going to class.
Whatever it was shouldn't have occurred with a "starting senior".  I think this says a lot about his level of commitment and concern for team improvement. 

FineAsSwine

October 29, 2017, 12:04:30 pm #28 Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 12:15:39 pm by FineAsSwine
Quote from: daBoar on October 29, 2017, 11:15:38 am
Whatever it was shouldn't have occurred with a "starting senior".  I think this says a lot about his level of commitment and concern for team improvement.

That's what the suspension was for because every once in a while, some people, even seniors, need this kind of attitude adjustment.

hogwood

Who cares. I think DT is a needed piece this year, but I'm all for giving the early playing time to Adrio Bailey and forcing him into the starting role. Let DT's punishment set the tone for the year too. We have a mission this year and if you're not about it then get benched.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogwood on October 29, 2017, 12:09:27 pm
Who cares. I think DT is a needed piece this year, but I'm all for giving the early playing time to Adrio Bailey and forcing him into the starting role. Let DT's punishment set the tone for the year too. We have a mission this year and if you're not about it then get benched.

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 29, 2017, 08:44:42 am
He's not a thug. He's a young person that is still growing. I would love to look in your closet because you've done some things in your life.

However, yours are not well known.
I've never been arrested for counterfeiting money. But that's just me.

daprospecta

Stop. Just stop.  Unless you are living in Little Rock, W.Memphis or some parts of Ft. Smith, you wouldn't know a thug if you saw one.

rzrbkman

Quote from: daBoar on October 29, 2017, 11:15:38 am

Correct!

Birminghog

Quote from: daprospecta on October 29, 2017, 04:36:24 pm
Stop. Just stop.  Unless you are living in Little Rock, W.Memphis or some parts of Ft. Smith, you wouldn't know a thug if you saw one.

I don't live in any of those places, and I've seen plenty of thugs. I know them when I see them.

DT  has made some pretty stupid mistakes in the past. That may or may not have anything to do with his current suspension, and his current suspension does not necessarily imply thugness. We all have the opportunity to assume the best or the worst. I choose to assume that the current suspension was for something less serious, however unwise, like missing meetings or skipping classes. Maybe it's for something worse. The point is, none of us know. If one chooses to assume the worst, that is an individual choice, but it may say more about the person making the choice.

I suggest we root for our players (and our coaches) until we have facts that force us to do otherwise.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Karma on October 29, 2017, 02:31:34 pm
I've never been arrested for counterfeiting money. But that's just me.

What have you been arrested for? Give the kid a break.

I'm not a big Dustin Thomas guy. A 5th uear senior that can not set a example after getting a chance to redeem himself. Its not a good sign that he's back in the doghouse. I'm hoping that Bailey can grow into the position and we see very little of Thomas.

Hou-Hog

. Blind acceptance.  Counterfeit money is something we all do.  Great point. 

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Hou-Hog on October 29, 2017, 06:33:04 pm
. Blind acceptance.  Counterfeit money is something we all do.  Great point. 

LOL! No acting holier than thou is something some do and most accept as the norm. Get the point? We arent perfect...so why running them down? They are paying for there crime. Be it counterfeiting, assault, whatever.

Porked Tongue

He's not going to help us a whole lot.  He might have spot games, but overall just not one of our better players.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 29, 2017, 07:54:11 pm
He's not going to help us a whole lot.  He might have spot games, but overall just not one of our better players.

I dont think he is either...Maybe he surprise us all this year. I think Nolan and CMA tried to talk him up last year. Didnt work very well..

MakingPlays

Quote from: HawgnCorona on October 29, 2017, 08:04:30 pm
I dont think he is either...Maybe he surprise us all this year. I think Nolan and CMA tried to talk him up last year. Didnt work very well..

Yea, I think both DT and Cook were eventually going to be behind Bailey anyways, most of us seen it coming.  So, if both of those guys getting suspended is the worst thing that happens to us this year, we'll be fine.  My only concern is us playing quality mid-majors and this PK80 tournament so early with these guys being out.  Coach Anderson's system is dependent on depth.  I'm really hoping Hall is ready for the next game, if he's back and at full strength, that gives us 9 guys and I think that will help out a ton.  I'm not sure how long they will last with only the 8 scholarship players, especially if Gabe O is only playing a couple of minutes. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 28, 2017, 05:26:30 pm

Unless I misremember, ky grew up?  He had some little issues early but his senior year he was a leader in and off the court

cosmodrum

"Thug" and "just look at him"

FFS
Go away, batin'

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 29, 2017, 07:54:11 pm
??? Dustin Thomas is the most versatile 4 on our team and as of right now is our best low post offensive threat. I'm not saying he's All-SEC, but he's definitely our best inside offensive threat.

PonderinHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 30, 2017, 01:07:01 am
"Thug" and "just look at him"

FFS
He just needs to get his mind right.

A night in the box should be all it takes...

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Birminghog on October 29, 2017, 04:58:02 pm
I don't live in any of those places, and I've seen plenty of thugs. I know them when I see them.

DT  has made some pretty stupid mistakes in the past. That may or may not have anything to do with his current suspension, and his current suspension does not necessarily imply thugness. We all have the opportunity to assume the best or the worst. I choose to assume that the current suspension was for something less serious, however unwise, like missing meetings or skipping classes. Maybe it's for something worse. The point is, none of us know. If one chooses to assume the worst, that is an individual choice, but it may say more about the person making the choice.

I suggest we root for our players (and our coaches) until we have facts that force us to do otherwise.

I was about to say something very similar to this, I feel like this is spot on.  If you cannot see the logic and rationale of the above thought process on this matter, my mind is just boggled and I am sorry for you.
SCREW Vandy!

cardsNhogs

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on October 30, 2017, 01:28:57 am
??? Dustin Thomas is the most versatile 4 on our team and as of right now is our best low post offensive threat. I'm not saying he's All-SEC, but he's definitely our best inside offensive threat.
Then we are in serious trouble this season

BannerMountainMan

It's crazy how y'all base Bailey's future skills over the Alabama and NC game last year, other than that he had troubles, I hope he improved a lot!

niels_boar

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 30, 2017, 09:17:35 am
It's crazy how y'all base Bailey's future skills over the Alabama and NC game last year, other than that he had troubles, I hope he improved a lot!

Well, those were two of the few games in which he got major minutes.  I don't think it's a stretch to claim that Bailey has the potential to be an ace defender, and we need one, when he defended well against the eventual NCs. I'd really like to see more of him at the head of the 1-2-2 zone.  He's also got the obvious athletic tools to be a good rebounder.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: niels_boar on October 30, 2017, 01:53:02 pm
Well, those were two of the few games in which he got major minutes.  I don't think it's a stretch to claim that Bailey has the potential to be an ace defender, and we need one, when he defended well against the eventual NCs. I'd really like to see more of him at the head of the 1-2-2 zone.  He's also got the obvious athletic tools to be a good rebounder.

Also he was a true freshman last year on a team heavy with upperclassmen.  Thomas is a 5th year Sr. and still can't get his head straight.  I'd say Bailey has much higher upside.  Plays with a hell of a lot of effort as well.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.