Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hate To Break It To You

Started by Oklahawg, September 24, 2017, 01:48:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JaketheSnake

Quote from: SooieGeneris on September 24, 2017, 04:32:31 pm
I am not on the fire BB bandwagon-yet.. But if we don't start seeing improvement in a lot of areas between now and the end of the season, especially terrible pass blocking, I will probably get there.

Realistically, no one can expect fans, passionate fans such as ours in particular, to like or be content with what we are seeing on the field from a coach in year FIVE...

Take the the O line for instance. Please! We were repeatedly told how great a freshman blue shirt was and that it had nothing to do with shortcomings by older players that he was starting...

Nothing against the kid, but very few freshmen should EVER start on the offensive line for a Power 5 team. If he's so great, why was he benched yesterday? His redshirt is blown, will he play any more this year?

We have JC transfers, some in their in their 2nd year, who can't get on the field.. Meanwhile, I hate to break this to the ostriches of our fan base, but this program has regressed from 2016 to this point of the season.

2016 was a regression from 2015.. We are 3-8 in our last 11 games vs Power 5s... I think Bielema is a good guy, I like his personality and he had a good record coming in. I want him to succeed, but I like many am not seeing success on the field.

No one can expect the entire fan base to be happy with blowing leads against the same team 3 of the last 4 years, 2nd half meltdowns and the QB being battered like a pinata game after game..

There are still 9 games left. Hopefully we see a turnaround. If not, what are fans supposed to say?
Dont worry, this place will heat the hope right out of you! It's a two chinstrap forum.

Hollywood870

Lets sit back and enjoy the losses then. Learn to love the losses. Then we can come back and defend the coaching staff after each game.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

There is ONE highly unlikely scenario that could "re-start" the BB Era here, IMO:

A skill position, McFadden-type suddenly emerging in the next few games, with BIG PLAY capability(For ex. Kelley at QB or an RB with homerun ability).
A Heisman candidate for next season.  BB rides this wave, learns to maximize other talent to fit this player, this confidence boost revives him, he learns from mistakes and starts firing on all cylinders, coaching his arse off.  This player and other young talent makes big plays on the field = close games = upsets = a decent bowl game.  We go from losing big leads to a team with major comeback ability.  Seniors are energized and young talent emerges on both sides of the field.  Success is contagious.  But needs to be this kind of MAJOR success.

This could actually give him a fresh start and the ability to tweak his pro-style, smash-mouth offense, to be high-powered and again...be able to learn from what didn't work.  We start getting skill players, as well as NFL seeking speedsters on D and Special Teams. 

I would love it, but not likely.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

wildhogman

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 02:48:45 pm
Irrational? Stupid coaching decisions are irrational and get in the way of good discussion?

Good discussion to you is circling the wagons around Bret because you are so far down the hole in investment with the guy that the only one who is irrational is you.

Every week you tell us some hocus pocus about what good this staff is doing, how the culture and environment have been changed...yada, yada, yada. Staff is doing at best, a piss poor job. He is changing the culture alright, to a losers mentality and to celebrate each victory, which are few and far between, as a super bowl victory.

It isn't the players, it is the staff. They hamstring the players. I could go on about special teams but I won't. You trot out the staff is giving 100%. Yesterday we blitzed exactly twice...Mond wet himself. We didn't do it again. He looked like a Heisman contender. You tell me exactly how that is giving 100%? How that is putting the players in the position to make plays, to win a game? Your synopsis of staff and 100% is irrational.

Lol.

PRJ
glad you got it figured out. Since you know what needs to be done, just go ahead and donate the bucks to make it happen. Don't give me none of this "you aint got that type of money. Borrow it. borrow on your retirement, and your kids futures, and grand kids, great grandkids. as far as you need to go. Because after all your going to get a great return on paying that buy out,, right?? right??

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: wildhogman on September 24, 2017, 05:08:00 pm
glad you got it figured out. Since you know what needs to be done, just go ahead and donate the bucks to make it happen. Don't give me none of this "you aint got that type of money. Borrow it. borrow on your retirement, and your kids futures, and grand kids, great grandkids. as far as you need to go. Because after all your going to get a great return on paying that buy out,, right?? right??

Blah, blah..blah, blah, breathe, you buy him out, we can't do any better, don't mention Bret's weaknesses, go coach, mortgage, refinance, blah, blah, we are poor little Arkansas....blah, blah...

If you are happy, if you can defend somebody who has taken this program to competing with Kentucky and Vandy for worse records in a 5 year period...if you can honestly come on here and start your flaming $#!+ with me, you ain't a very smart dude....you ain't got a lick of football sense and you know less about me....

Hey though, blah, blah..Bret is great, blah, you buy em out...blah, blah

PRJ

majestic

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 24, 2017, 01:51:27 pm
Then it time for empty seats , black shirts a flyover and a full page ad in the state paper!

It time for a return of the Darkside!
English! Do you speak it?
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

SemperHawg

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 24, 2017, 05:07:24 pm
There is ONE highly unlikely scenario that could "re-start" the BB Era here, IMO:

A skill position, McFadden-type suddenly emerging in the next few games, with BIG PLAY capability(For ex. Kelley at QB or an RB with homerun ability).
A Heisman candidate for next season.  BB rides this wave, learns to maximize other talent to fit this player, this confidence boost revives him, he learns from mistakes and starts firing on all cylinders, coaching his arse off.  This player and other young talent makes big plays on the field = close games = upsets = a decent bowl game.  We go from losing big leads to a team with major comeback ability.  Seniors are energized and young talent emerges on both sides of the field.  Success is contagious.  But needs to be this kind of MAJOR success.

This could actually give him a fresh start and the ability to tweak his pro-style, smash-mouth offense, to be high-powered and again...be able to learn from what didn't work.  We start getting skill players, as well as NFL seeking speedsters on D and Special Teams. 

You are asking the same coaching staff that had J Nance as second on the depth chart and basically refused to play Drew Morgan until injury forced them to, to identify top end talent on their own team?  Honestly, when you step back and look at it, this constant value of have kids that do it "the right way" playing over the talented kids is disheartening.  We keep hearing how guys like Clary are the best option, but with this level of evaluation of their own players how do we really know the best players are on the field right now?

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 24, 2017, 05:23:53 pm
You are asking the same coaching staff that had J Nance as second on the depth chart and basically refused to play Drew Morgan until injury forced them to, to identify top end talent on their own team?  Honestly, when you step back and look at it, this constant value of have kids that do it "the right way" playing over the talented kids is disheartening.  We keep hearing how guys like Clary are the best option, but with this level of evaluation of their own players how do we really know the best players are on the field right now?

Again, highly unlikely....BUT this is what happened with McFadden and crew.  I HATE to even bring this up again, for fear of it deteriorating to coach comparisons.
However, BB has more coaching ability in his pinky toe, AND I do believe he can still learn from his mistakes and be successful - NOT here(too many mistakes, some of which you pointed out), but in a fresh environment OR with this - again, really unlikely scenario.  But it's not impossible, we've seen...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Iwastherein1969

We have 50 seconds or so when we begin a drive before the half...we run out the clock...we've fallen a long way from the days of   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVfWI79RnVk&t=16s
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 24, 2017, 05:29:19 pm
Again, highly unlikely....BUT this is what happened with McFadden and crew.  I HATE to even bring this up again, for fear of it deteriorating to coach comparisons.
However, BB has more coaching ability in his pinky toe, AND I do believe he can still learn from his mistakes and be successful - NOT here(too many mistakes, some of which you pointed out), but in a fresh environment OR with this - again, really unlikely scenario.  But it's not impossible, we've seen...

what's your source for this conclusion?
The rest of the frog.

Quote from: ballz2thewall on September 24, 2017, 05:42:54 pm

what's your source for this conclusion?

This site, for one, documented it all well.  Not going to re-hash all that.  My only point is that nobody predicted what McFadden could do.

grayhawg

Long needs to take the Nebraska AD job and take Bielema with him as football coach

ricepig

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 24, 2017, 05:23:53 pm

You do know Drew scored the first TD in 2015, that he was on the field the first game?

porkrindjimmy

I hate to break it to you, and it pains me to state this, but Hootie as a football coach? Twice the coach as BB. That fact ain't debatable. With the same team we had yesterday, to a man, Houston would have ran the ball straight down Aggies throat. I have no doubt his O line would be better..we may have only had one WR out wide but Nutt would have pounded A&M. Dude is a scumbag but as a coach, much better. And Nutt would motivate a team 2 or 3 times a year.

Don't see any progression with this staff.

PRJ

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 05:50:13 pm
I hate to break it to you, and it pains me to state this, but Hootie as a football coach? Twice the coach as BB. That fact ain't debatable. With the same team we had yesterday, to a man, Houston would have ran the ball straight down Aggies throat. I have no doubt his O line would be better..we may have only had one WR out wide but Nutt would have pounded A&M. Dude is a scumbag but as a coach, much better. And Nutt would motivate a team 2 or 3 times a year.

PRJ

That's just crazy talk.

SemperHawg

Quote from: ricepig on September 24, 2017, 05:49:33 pm
You do know Drew scored the first TD in 2015, that he was on the field the first game?
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/drew-morgan/

Logged no playing time as a freshman in 2013

Had his longest catch for a TD in his sophomore (2014) year in mop up duty against UAB. Total on the year 10 catches for 181 yards.

His Junior year, statistically his best.  He started the year 3rd or 4th on the depth chart.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 24, 2017, 05:51:10 pm
That's just crazy talk.

Notshavin...

No it isn't. You are letting your emotions take over here.

We are in bad shape right now. Because of the head guy. There is no progress....there just isn't.

Embrace the horror of it all.

PRJ

September 24, 2017, 06:11:45 pm #117 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:31:42 pm by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya
Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 06:09:09 pm
Notshavin...

No it isn't. You are letting your emotions take over here.

We are in bad shape right now. Because of the head guy. There is no progress....there just isn't.

Embrace the horror of it all.

PRJ

I have.  In fact, I said the BB Era is over and should be.  That scenario is equivalent to winning the lottery, which we have already once in my lifetime.

It's time for a coaching change, but saying BB does not still have potential elsewhere, or that he could not have had more success with that talent is just not logical - it UNDERMINES the very point you are trying to make. 

See 2007 Capital One Bowl.

Cinco de Hogo

I've had employees that gave me 100% of all they had that came up 50% short of what I needed.  ;)

HogHomer

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 24, 2017, 06:01:05 pm

Had his longest catch for a TD in his sophomore (2014) year in mop up duty against UAB. Total on the year 10 catches for 181 yards.

His Junior year, statistically his best.  He started the year 3rd or 4th on the depth chart.
Hmm almost like he.... Developed..

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: ricepig on September 24, 2017, 02:56:45 pm
I hate to break it to you, but that study was proven to be facetious.

I was being facetious when I inferred there were actual studies on the subject and that i researched them. Oh, hate to break it to you.  ;D
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 24, 2017, 05:31:20 pm
We have 50 seconds or so when we begin a drive before the half...we run out the clock...we've fallen a long way from the days of   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVfWI79RnVk&t=16s

We had over a minute and a half.  You could tell the announcers were also perplexed.  I honestly don't believe he was aware of the clock.

hobhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 24, 2017, 06:27:58 pm
We had over a minute and a half.  You could tell the announcers were also perplexed.  I honestly don't believe he was aware of the clock.

It was bad. Hoping someone asks him about it because we're not good enough to waste possessions.

Another big issue is going to be the transition.  BB does not strike me as the vindictive type.  This is another reason for us to stop with this "run him out of town" mentality.  That is not going to be the case, so the fan base does not need to be vindictive either.

The transition can be so much smoother than what we are used to, and we can start evaluating the younger talent while still honoring the upperclassmen and value their role.

There can be a lot of upside to this.

ricepig

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 24, 2017, 06:01:05 pm

And,  your point is? You think he was ready as a sophomore? He was in the first scoring drive as a Jr in the first game, I think they played him as he was ready.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 02:57:18 pm
According to Erie, we were kicking to the GL on purpose all game until the pooch.  It sure looked that way to me too.  Playing the odds.  It worked out very well until Kirk got ahold of one.

Seeing others post this I can buy that. Try to sky it and let your coverage meet him at the 15-yard line. Heck, early on I thought our coverage looked great. That tells you the kicker has done their job.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: ballz2thewall on September 24, 2017, 03:02:17 pm
you cannot convince a thinking person that the roster on the OL is receiving 100% effort from the coaches.

what we see on the field from season to season is a sign of subpar management; of ineffective leadership.

it is that simple.

I cut some things out (yes, passion is involved if you post on a fan message board).

I think you are talking about two different things: giving 100% is not a leadership or management problem, it is an effort problem. I think we have fantastic coaching effort. I think we are needing a shift in the management of that effort. We are spending the time and energy but not effectively.

If that means you and I agree, I am cool with that. If we are disagreeing then I am cool with that also. Not so certain we aren't pointing at the same thing (regardless of my ability to explain it).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 03:06:58 pm
Blitzed twice?  We run a three front and brought at least 4 many times. 

Mind never looked like a heisman contender.  Your hatred is blinding you.  The kid went 80 on a play that was the first we saw him pull it and take off.  Every time he pulled after that he went nowhere.

You need to call Finebaum with your complaints.

Thank you. I should have posted something factual like this to make my point rather than posting too soon after a PRJ-inspired eye roll.

Oklahawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 03:42:43 pm
He did say this.  It wasn't "meetings" but he said it happened once. CBB was sitting in the back of a meeting for a group and fell asleep. 

We know no context other than that, but it's easy for someone to jump on.  CBB is also overweight.  He also wears flip flops.  He also listens to reggae music. Etx

Which doesn't mean jackshit unless you have an agenda.

Oh, the things players could say if they didn't respect their time in the locker room. Like, uh, a scuffle between players that results in a black eye.

lakecityhog

Okla, the only thing in your OP that I truly hope is DEAD WRONG is the part about boosters being basically un-involved. That is our only real hope right now.
Rhoads is what our 4th DC and we have seen the very same issues with each one. To me that points to the one constant, BB and his influence must be the passive nature of our D. Passive D against the athletes of the SEC will do what we have seen for 4+ years, EAT YOU ALIVE!!!

Oklahawg

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 24, 2017, 05:07:24 pm

I like this idea. No, it isn't likely, but even if you get all-SEC type performances here and there it makes a difference.

Time to give a different look a chance.

Oklahawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 05:50:13 pm

PRJ

CBB kicked Nutt's ass when they played in a bowl game. Total domination. Nutt was the seasoned veteran coach and CBB was a rookie HC.

(type, click "post," and give me the "yeah but" parts of this argument)

Oklahawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 24, 2017, 06:14:19 pm
I've had employees that gave me 100% of all they had that came up 50% short of what I needed.  ;)

Exactly.

Have you ever had an employee who was a "rock star" elsewhere, hires on and gives 100%, but is a miserable failure? That does happen, too, but not nearly as often.

Athog

Then it time for empty seats , black shirts a flyover and a full page ad in the state paper!

Not me you are own your own!  The players deserve more! You not going to a
game this year (if you were) is not my solution.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: majestic on September 24, 2017, 05:23:27 pm
English! Do you speak it?

Nope but if you don't remember maybe you need a history lesson!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Oklahawg

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 24, 2017, 08:08:31 pm
Okla, the only thing in your OP that I truly hope is DEAD WRONG is the part about boosters being basically un-involved. That is our only real hope right now.
Rhoads is what our 4th DC and we have seen the very same issues with each one. To me that points to the one constant, BB and his influence must be the passive nature of our D. Passive D against the athletes of the SEC will do what we have seen for 4+ years, EAT YOU ALIVE!!!

I think you have hit on something but I am going to simplify: playing in the SEC will eat you alive. It turns great coaches into has-beens. It exposes good talent to be mediocre. It ask "what have you done for me lately?" when you find something that works and then, suddenly, it no longer works.

The SEC is a gauntlet that is a career killer. What if this has nothing to do with CBB but is really the fact that he is yet another great coach who won't survive the SEC? (And, yes, "great coach" is tough to type but it is part of the hypothetical)

Qadi999

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 24, 2017, 02:39:17 pm
Didn't trust the kicker to kick it through the EZ so you try to scheme around giving up field position. When that failed, pooch and give up field position.
From a strategic point of view this would be the least desirable things to do.  When facing this you should kick it out of the end zone or kick it out of bounds, either way, you eliminate the risk.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 24, 2017, 07:58:48 pm
Seeing others post this I can buy that. Try to sky it and let your coverage meet him at the 15-yard line. Heck, early on I thought our coverage looked great. That tells you the kicker has done their job.

BB deserves plenty of criticism, but I can't find too much fault in this strategy.  It was working very well.  Kicker was getting nice hangtime and landing in on the GL between the numbers and sideline.  Just what you want.  What I can't recall is if A$M had 2 returners, and we just kicked to the wrong side and got burned.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Athog

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 24, 2017, 08:12:52 pm
CBB kicked Nutt's ass when they played in a bowl game. Total domination. Nutt was the seasoned veteran coach and CBB was a rookie HC.

Am I correct everybody on Hogville was screaming for Nutt's job! Remember the flyover? So were they wrong then! Hmm... that kind of knee
jerk reaction usually comes back to "bite you"!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Athog on September 24, 2017, 08:14:38 pm
Not me you are own your own!  The players deserve more! You not going to a
game this year (if you were) is not my solution.

They deserve to have an AD who wants to win and a Coach that can grow not kill a program!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 24, 2017, 08:09:35 pm
I like this idea. No, it isn't likely, but even if you get all-SEC type performances here and there it makes a difference.

Time to give a different look a chance.

Wouldn't that be fun?  No one predicted that it would happen before, but it did.

And this is a totally different situation with the staff - the more I think about it, I agree, SEC-type performances from motivated yet unknowns with nothing to lose....NOT highly unlikely.

Any momentum can be carried on, by all parties involved.  I don't think our fan base is used to this.

Going to be fun to see who steps up.

ballz2thewall

September 24, 2017, 08:22:44 pm #142 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:34:28 pm by ballz2thewall
Quote from: Oklahawg on September 24, 2017, 08:01:56 pm
I cut some things out (yes, passion is involved if you post on a fan message board).

I think you are talking about two different things: giving 100% is not a leadership or management problem, it is an effort problem. I think we have fantastic coaching effort. I think we are needing a shift in the management of that effort. We are spending the time and energy but not effectively.

If that means you and I agree, I am cool with that. If we are disagreeing then I am cool with that also. Not so certain we aren't pointing at the same thing (regardless of my ability to explain it).

certainly this is peaceful discourse,

but i'm puzzled by your words....."fantastic coaching effort." what, may i ask, leads you to this description?

am i correct in assessing that you're critical of the coaching effort, but reluctant to say so?

i think perhaps you're dealing with semantics somewhat if not entirely. yes, someone can give 100% and still fail. redirect??? well.........YEAH!

effort. direction. it's all leadership. in the practical world the two are joined at the hip and are not mutually exclusive. man........we all know this.

if cbb KNOWS football, if he KNOWS how to coach the OL, then it ain't translating. if he doesn't know these things, then however he's delegating isn't working either.

i'm not so sure he knows football to the extent he needs to know football from a coaching perspective, from drill sergeant to field general.
The rest of the frog.

ShadowTheHedgehog

The coaches want to win and the players want to win. That is no doubt about that. There are, however, several issues. Not trying to score with almost 3 minutes left on the first half shows an alarming lack of confidence. Not adjusting the game-plan to what is working (running game and quick passes) shows stubbornness. There was also very obvious frustration from AA with some of the play types that they kept calling. Special teams also need to be taken more seriously (talk to Saban about it on the next off-season). We still have a depth issue. I don't think that it is impossible for CBB to be successful here at Arkansas but he has to make a few changes, maybe upgrade some of the assistants, hire a special teams coach, and build a winning mentality on the team, including coaches and himself.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 24, 2017, 08:12:52 pm

I think you're both embellishing here.  No way Nutt is a better coach, but BB didn't kick his arse either.  By almost every stat, we were better in that game.  We just had Nutt for a HC.  BB was coaching against a monkey with a whistle and got roughed up pretty good anyway.  There was no domination.

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 24, 2017, 08:16:25 pm
I think you have hit on something but I am going to simplify: playing in the SEC will eat you alive. It turns great coaches into has-beens. It exposes good talent to be mediocre. It ask "what have you done for me lately?" when you find something that works and then, suddenly, it no longer works.

The SEC is a gauntlet that is a career killer. What if this has nothing to do with CBB but is really the fact that he is yet another great coach who won't survive the SEC? (And, yes, "great coach" is tough to type but it is part of the hypothetical)

Agree this is very plausible.

Quote from: Athog on September 24, 2017, 08:19:11 pm
Am I correct everybody on Hogville was screaming for Nutt's job! Remember the flyover? So were they wrong then! Hmm... that kind of knee

It was a COMPLETELY different situation.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 24, 2017, 01:57:37 pm
If they're truly "giving their all" then that's even more disheartening because they're still coming up well short of common sense offensive play calling and defensive schemes.

Hell, Bielema quit coaching yesterday without about a minute and a half left in the first half.  That was embarrassing.

it doesnt surprise me that you think he gave up, with the lead.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Athog on September 24, 2017, 08:19:11 pm

This isn't that.  Nutt made it personal with the fans.  Not promoting what happened, but it was the first time I hoped we'd lose, so Nutt would finally be fired.  BB is nothing like Nutt.

code red

There is no doubt it's coming and it's gonna make Long look foolish.  I am Guessing less than 40k sat.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou