Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why not promote CBB to athletic director?

Started by The OTR, September 24, 2017, 12:41:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

Fire Long, promote CBB and give him a lower salary but more job security, and hire a new coach.  Everybody wins except Long.

RebelliousHog

At this point, I'm not sure people would trust CBB to do that right.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

hobhog

I'd really like to have an Arkansan in hat spot that knows the Razorback history/tradition and how to brand it.

Hoggie17

theFlyingHog

Idk how you haven't been bant yet, pillhead. What kind of dirt you got on Lanny?

alohawg

Wow, that sounds like a really innovative bad idea, no.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

swineology

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on September 24, 2017, 12:41:14 pm
Fire Long, promote CBB and give him a lower salary but more job security, and hire a new coach.  Everybody wins except Long.

Fat a$$ would screw that job up too, look at the football team

Swine-as-wine

an even better scenario......keep Long and Bielema's wife, and get rid of Brett

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

The OTR

It worked when Elaine promoted that guy on Seinfeld.  I am sure everyone who has worked anywhere for more than a year can think of an example of someone being promoted because they couldn't do the job they had.  Would you rather have Cbb or long as your AD?  Everyone thinks he represents the university well and promotes all the things we want in a man...we just don't think he can get the job done as a coach. 

Certainly wouldn't be the first time it's happened.  It usually just happens with coaches who are older that start losing but are otherwise liked and respected. Not such a dumb idear.

PorkSoda

Quote from: hobhog on September 24, 2017, 12:42:24 pm
I'd really like to have an Arkansan in hat spot that knows the Razorback history/tradition and how to brand it.
so Houston Nutt?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Ward on September 24, 2017, 07:51:54 pm
I hate to say it, because the OP seems like a real dolt, but this is a genius idea

The OP is "special" so back off him.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

ricepig

I'd rather have you Mayor of DST than that.

The OTR

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2017, 07:43:36 am
I'd rather have you Mayor of DST than that.

Speaking of mayors...what happened to THE mayor?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on September 25, 2017, 02:48:10 pm
Speaking of mayors...what happened to THE mayor?

Strategizing for his re-election campaign. This dude should give him a run for his money.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=638266.0
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Arky

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 24, 2017, 12:45:07 pm
Idk how you haven't been bant yet, pillhead. What kind of dirt you got on Lanny?
why bant him......he gots good ideas

Arky