Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

11-5-2005

Started by parallaxpig, September 23, 2017, 07:45:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

That's the date I permantly fell off the HDN train. Against South Carolina, first series he went for it on 4th down, I believe inside our own 30 yard line and failed. They drove in to score and we end up losing 14-10 with gift TD. Well today is the day I fell off B train. Watching him kick off to the only player on the field who could beat us. Can't support him, back him or hope for better days. I will continue donating to foundation, buying tickets and supporting team. Counting the days till he is gone. This is a sad day for me......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Lanny

You're going to have a long wait.  Buyout is to large to make changes
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hogmolar

Quote from: parallaxpig on September 23, 2017, 07:45:52 pm
That's the date I permantly fell off the HDN train. Against South Carolina, first series he went for it on 4th down, I believe inside our own 30 yard line and failed. They drove in to score and we end up losing 14-10 with gift TD. Well today is the day I fell off B train. Watching him kick off to the only player on the field who could beat us. Can't support him, back him or hope for better days. I will continue donating to foundation, buying tickets and supporting team. Counting the days till he is gone. This is a sad day for me......
He kicked it too him?  We had been stopping them inside the 20 every kickoff on the day. Why would we think we couldn't do it again?

parallaxpig

Quote from: Lanny on September 23, 2017, 07:48:36 pm

I agree. That's why it's a sad day cuz it was two years later before HDN left and I know how dark it's gonna get. I'm not gonna enjoy what's coming. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

DeltaBoy

Maybe we all need to stay home the rest of the season!

I am pulled out my Darksider today! I'm done with Jeff and his pig farmer!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogblitz

Quote from: parallaxpig on September 23, 2017, 08:03:37 pm

I agree. That's why it's a sad day cuz it was two years later before HDN left and I know how dark it's gonna get. I'm not gonna enjoy what's coming.
Bielema is gone.  Whether that is fired, forced out, or Bielema taking another gig is what the question is.  For his own coaching future, it is the right move to get out now or he may never be a head coach again.   Everyone knows how it can get when you outstay your welcome. Regardless, he is done. They will negotiate a settlement and Bielema will get a gig elsewhere with some parting money.  Just my opinion of course. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogmolar on September 23, 2017, 07:51:56 pm
He kicked it too him?  We had been stopping them inside the 20 every kickoff on the day. Why would we think we couldn't do it again?
Have to agree with you on this one. A&M got away with an obvious hold on that return. Two people held on that play.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

JOKERHOG

Then fire long now and set the tone for what is next
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Martygit

Quote from: hogblitz on September 23, 2017, 08:13:46 pm
Bielema is gone.  Whether that is fired, forced out, or Bielema taking another gig is what the question is.  For his own coaching future, it is the right move to get out now or he may never be a head coach again.   Everyone knows how it can get when you outstay your welcome. Regardless, he is done. They will negotiate a settlement and Bielema will get a gig elsewhere with some parting money.  Just my opinion of course.

In your dreams
RIP OTR, REV

HoggyCat

Blah blah blah.  Company line.

Which is gonna cost more....  getting rid of him at $5M per year or a half capacity stadium??? (Ticket sales, concessions, souvenirs, parking, etc)
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

hogblitz

Quote from: MartinGit on September 23, 2017, 08:22:15 pm
In your dreams
I'll be sure to bump this thread on January 1.

DemiHOG

I was at that South Carolina game, stupidest play in razorback history. First person to go needs to be Jeff Long, he is so freakn overrated! Despite what all is saying , Arkansas is stuck with BB, we can't afford to let him go.

Razorback_Mack

Wrong. The athletic department at the U of A has a yearly budget of like 130 million. We don't have to cough up the 15 mil at one time. Sure it might hurt a little but we could easily find a way to cut 2% off our budget per year to buy him out. Not a big deal.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: hogblitz on September 23, 2017, 08:13:46 pm

I think you are on the money, at least I hope so.  You are right, he is exposed the the sorrry coach he his.  Question now is how does he save his career.  I would think lower tier little 10 job.  I would love to swap coaches with Purdue
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

HoggyCat

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on September 23, 2017, 08:35:33 pm
Wrong. The athletic department at the U of A has a yearly budget of like 130 million. We don't have to cough up the 15 mil at one time. Sure it might hurt a little but we could easily find a way to cut 2% off our budget per year to buy him out. Not a big deal.

But it's not a lump payment either.  It's spread across the amount of time left on his contract in monthly payments.  The buyout is what Jeffi and his media use to make you think it's impossible.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.