Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you like our Uniforms for A&M Game?

Started by moses_007, September 22, 2017, 04:37:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of these Cowboy themed Hog Uniforms?

I love them and wish they'd wear them always.
41 (36.3%)
They're okay for this one game and that's it.
45 (39.8%)
I'd prefer Arkansas wear the reflective helmets they wore in the Liberty Bowl.
6 (5.3%)
I don't care much for them.
10 (8.8%)
I hate them.
11 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Voting closed: September 25, 2017, 12:56:44 pm

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 22, 2017, 10:22:48 am
Hate them worse than any we've ever had.  Hate them. HATE THEM. They are not Arkansas Razorback uniforms. they are red Cowboys uniforms with our logo stuck to them.  Hate them.

You know what?  That's exactly what they were going for. 
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 22, 2017, 11:10:20 am
You know what?  That's exactly what they were going for.

And that's exactly what I hate.  A photocopy of another team's uniform.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 22, 2017, 11:11:49 am
And that's exactly what I hate.  A photocopy of another team's uniform.

I guess the whole "let's honor Jerry Jones by wearing a Cowboys themed uni" concept totally escapes you.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 22, 2017, 11:13:17 am
I guess the whole "let's honor Jerry Jones by wearing a Cowboys themed uni" concept totally escapes you.

I guess it doesn't.  I've never honored someone by leaving my clothes at home and wearing theirs.

hobhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 22, 2017, 09:15:42 am
No, we need to stop with the gimmicky uniforms. 

We have classic uniforms.  Leave them alone.  Back to the basics.

gchamblee

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 22, 2017, 11:13:17 am

Dude is slower than Stephen Hawking in a blizzard.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: gchamblee on September 22, 2017, 11:17:10 am
Dude is slower than Stephen Hawking in a blizzard.

But still faster than you.  :)

HamSammich

I detest this abomination of a uniform. I like the idea of honoring Jerry jones but couldn't we have had bazzzio just design a plaque in the shape of Dallas or something?

These uniforms are embarrassing. Jimo

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: HamSammich on September 22, 2017, 11:18:46 am
I detest this abomination of a uniform. I like the idea of honoring Jerry jones but couldn't we have had bazzzio just design a plaque in the shape of Dallas or something?

That might honor Dallas too much.  Get Baz to make one in the shape of Jerry wearing a foam No. 1 finger instead.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: HamSammich on September 22, 2017, 11:18:46 am

Whelp, It's awesome that you're not on the field playing because you would be the only Debbie Downer on the ENTIRE team who would sit on the bench and pout!!!  To say they're an embarrassment is ridiculous.  Even Doc didn't go that far...Geez

DeltaBoy

They are fine but we just need to beat the Hell out of TAMU!!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ND

Hey, look at it this way.  The happier we make Jerry Jones, the more cashola we can get for a Bielema buy out.

(Ba dum tiss!)

N

bigred223

woodrow hog call

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

code red

I don't like. But I don't count.  If 5 stars like em.  I am good with it.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

threeNout

we should have honored Broyles by wearing the '64 throwbacks, all year long.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on September 22, 2017, 11:52:21 am
well since we doing this.......the coaches can dress up like Tom Landry.   Maybe his winning ways will rub off.    lol

Ha!!! Let's hope so...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on September 22, 2017, 11:52:21 am
well since we doing this.......the coaches can dress up like Tom Landry.   Maybe his winning ways will rub off.    lol

Bielema would look more like a 40's mobster than Tom Landry!  Could be a good look!!

Ex-Trumpet

Lol, Hogs coaching staff posing for a pic!!

Quickdraw

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on September 22, 2017, 09:18:06 am
Really like these. Best alternate uni's yet and better looking than the regulars. I'd like to see them switch to these as regulars.

I AGREE...

DLUXHOG

September 22, 2017, 12:11:37 pm #70 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:47:41 pm by DLUXHOG
Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 22, 2017, 11:21:20 am
That might honor Dallas too much.  Get Baz to make one in the shape of Jerry wearing a foam No. 1 finger instead.

Could do an airbrush of this on the shoulder pads...
(I'm just being a smart*ss, as all of us have gotten bombed a few times ( but none of us, other than Jerry were billionaires at the time)  I really do like, admire, & appreciate Jerry)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

GuvHog

Quote from: buldozer on September 22, 2017, 10:09:24 am
I like the unies.... for a special game and to be used one time. More importantly, I hope the players like them and play above their level on Sat.

I wish they'd  also wear these uniforms when the play LSU in Baton Rouge. I hate it when the Hogs wear their regular home red uniforms in that stadium.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

RONBO

No, don't care for them at all. Unless I'm way off, which is possible, Ohio State has already staked a claim to a very similar color scheme. I don't care for it on them, nor do I care for it on us.  To beat a dead horse, last I checked, our primary school color is cardinal.  Now the purpose behind the alternate uniform for this game, I get it, and it's not a bad idea.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 22, 2017, 11:16:26 am
I guess it doesn't.  I've never honored someone by leaving my clothes at home and wearing theirs.

Hell, I figure most fans have worn their favorite player's jersey at some point.  You never wore a team jersey?

GuvHog

Quote from: RONBO on September 22, 2017, 12:22:02 pm
No, don't care for them at all. Unless I'm way off, which is possible, Ohio State has already staked a claim to a very similar color scheme. I don't care for it on them, nor do I care for it on us.  To beat a dead horse, last I checked, our primary school color is cardinal.  Now the purpose behind the alternate uniform for this game, I get it, and it's not a bad idea.

Ohio State wears a bright scarlet Red but these uniforms are a darker Cardinal Red. BIG difference. Also, Ohio State doesn't have anything on either side of their helmets.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hoghearted

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 22, 2017, 12:03:21 pm
Bielema would look more like a 40's mobster than Tom Landry!  Could be a good look!!

I'm thinking Blues Brothers...
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: threeNout on September 22, 2017, 11:49:35 am
we should have honored Broyles by wearing the '64 throwbacks, all year long.

We could always honor Coach Broyles and Jerry by winning some games.

HamSammich

We should have worked kryptonite into our helmets somehow to fully honor him

Quote"I think of the days that I'd put the Razorback helmet on ... it just made me Superman. It was like kryptonite."
- Jerry Jones

moses_007

IMHO, Alabama has the worst looking uniforms in the SEC.  They never change, are about as traditional as you can get.  And just putting the player's number on the helmets is grade school stuff.  Don't they have a Crimson Tide logo?  If not, you'd think they could afford a top notch graphic designer to design one.

mckinneyhog5

look pretty good to me but then again I'm not on a hate everything going on with the Hogs right now. I'm also capable of understanding they are for one game and in honor of JJ.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 12:23:03 pm
Hell, I figure most fans have worn their favorite player's jersey at some point.  You never wore a team jersey?

I may have worn a hero's jersey but never his pants, too. And certainly never wore his jersey for when he played for another team. My heroes have always been hogs, not cowboys.  I honor JJ the hog. In his hog uni.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 22, 2017, 12:56:22 pm
I may have worn a hero's jersey but never his pants, too. And certainly never wore his jersey for when he played for another team. My heroes have always been hogs, not cowboys.  I honor JJ the hog. In his hog uni.

So you're saying you have actually honored someone by wearing their clothes. Gotcha.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 22, 2017, 12:11:37 pm
Could do an airbrush of this on the shoulder pads...
(I'm just being a smart*ss, as all of us have gotten bombed a few times ( but none of us, other than Jerry were billionaires at the time)  I really do like, admire, & appreciate Jerry)

It's in my nature to argue with you, but I'm not going to right now due to that picture. He looks goofy there, but when I stare at her I look goofy too.

moses_007

widespreadsooie

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 09:06:52 am
I've known Hayden Redd for a long time. Coached he and Tyler Wilson on the same baseball team. Had no idea it was his project. Pretty cool. 

Hayden and I are pledge brothers and have known him for awhile now too. I'm in a couple group chats with him, one being all things razorback, and he did a very good job at keeping this a secret.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 22, 2017, 01:00:09 pm
It's in my nature to argue with you, but I'm not going to right now due to that picture. He looks goofy there, but when I stare at her I look goofy too.

Photo was from Dallas Morning News (Jerry and Arkansas haters), honestly, Jerry was cooked, (he didn't know where he was or what he was doing)...

moses_007

Damm, Jerry may be getting old, but he's still fond of the young chicks. Jerry must have put some Funky Cold Medina in her glass.

moses_007

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 22, 2017, 01:10:39 pm
Photo was from Dallas Morning News (Jerry and Arkansas haters), honestly, Jerry was cooked, (he didn't know where he was or what he was doing)...
Oh he knew what he was doing... and so did she....that gal's tongue was hanging out...lol

Maybe Bobby Petrino didn't know what he was doing when he took that blonde for a motorcycle ride...lol

ifghog

Love them!! Wish we would go to these full time

ND

Hey Doc, what was your vote?  Did you finally come down off the fence?

(ducks)

N

Uncle Remus

Quote from: GuvHog on September 22, 2017, 12:26:05 pm
Ohio State wears a bright scarlet Red but these uniforms are a darker Cardinal Red. BIG difference. Also, Ohio State doesn't have anything on either side of their helmets.

Except a bunch of Buckeyes!!

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DLUXHOG

Quote from: moses_007 on September 22, 2017, 01:12:23 pm
Damm, Jerry may be getting old, but he's still fond of the young chicks. Jerry must have put some Funky Cold Medina in her glass.

Uhhhh...  she probably put it in his glass.. (if you followed the DMN "investigation ", they more or less discovered that she was seeking a "instant reitrement" deal..)

moses_007

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 22, 2017, 02:45:13 pm
Uhhhh...  she probably put it in his glass.. (if you followed the DMN "investigation ", they more or less discovered that she was seeking a "instant reitrement" deal..)
Some girls think they can get that from a billionaire. 

Ironhawg

The uniforms are nice as a gesture of respect and recognition toward Jerry Jones, but they do look pretty Ohio State-ish.

axedawg

I posted my opinion in another uni-related thread the other day...We aren't quite copying the Cowboys style with respect to the helmet.  They have a BLUE star that contrasts properly with the gray helmet.  Can we not simply have placed a RED Hog sticker against the gray helmet??  Someone please photo-shop this so that we can observe a much better option IMO...at that point they would look pretty sweet! 

Bkhardicars

I'm a 54 year old, life time fan and I love the different uniforms. More so, the kids love them. If it helps recruiting, I'm all for it.Admittedly, I've not seen evidence of it helping recruiting, but I'm good with trying it and waiting.

hog.goblin

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 22, 2017, 09:26:44 am
It's not possible to like more than one team?

...and that's Bama with a capital B, not bama.     ;)

You realize I'm a Northern Illinois fan also?  Is that also frowned upon?

Btw, NIU has awesome unis.

Not 2 SEC teams.  You're a bammer

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 22, 2017, 09:26:44 am
It's not possible to like more than one team?

...and that's Bama with a capital B, not bama.     ;)

You realize I'm a Northern Illinois fan also?  Is that also frowned upon?

Btw, NIU has awesome unis.

Let's be honest...if you are a Hog fan you CANNOT like Bama.  Or Texas.  Or aTm.  Or Auburn.  Or LSU.

It's possible to be an OU fan also, but not probable.

Hoggish1

I love them and wish they'd wear them always.
They're okay for this one game and that's it.
I'd prefer Arkansas wear the reflective helmets they wore in the Liberty Bowl.
I don't care much for them.
I hate them.
x I don't care