Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On the same page???

Started by lakecityhog, September 18, 2017, 07:47:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

We've talked about it before in (the media room) over the last two years," Enos said. "The run game needs the pass game and the pass game needs the run game. It would help the run game if we were better throwing and we know that."
Bielema went the other way in explaining his core philosophy.
"Dan and I do have the same philosophy," Bielema said. "When you are dedicated to the run, it cleans up some things the quarterback sees in pre and post snap reads. Those things are there. We just have to get some of the receivers in the right routes."
The Hogs hope to run it better as the perimeter blocking improves. Bielema thinks wide receivers and tight ends were close to getting the job done over the first two weeks.
"Perimeter blocking is unique," Bielema said. "What you need is more live looks that you can simulate in practice. You need to see guys diving over blocks, things that don't happen in practice (against the scout squad)."

It simply does not appear to me that BB and Enos are on the same page AT ALL! That is why we fail in goal-to-go situations.

hawgfan4life

BB is the HC.  I will go with his answer.  That said, the WRs we have on the field have been in their system for over a year or more and had all spring and fall to learn the routes.  Some minor corrections are to be expected, but not full blown Ned the First Grade Reader level corrections.  This falls on coaches asking them to do too much or not coaching them up to do what they are asking.  There are NO excuses that are adequate for our problems on offense.  The coaches need to get it fixed immediately or seek another school.  I have defended them completely until now and the issues we are having are not defendable.  After last years finish, you would have thought the coaches would have the team chomping at the bit to redeem themselves and they came out flat in LR and played like Ned against TCU on offense with yet another 4th Qtr embarrassment.  Put up or shut up.  No excuses and no more talk!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Bubba's Bruisers

I don't know.  Simply from the quotes, I'm not convinced it's that obvious.  BB's comment that they need to get the receivers in the right routes certainly suggests an admission that the passing game is necessary for a successful running game.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

lakecityhog

My point is that Enos says we need the pass game to make the run game work and vice versa. But BB says we must be dedicated to the run game. That kinda explains the runs up the gut for no gain from the 5 yard line!!!

LZH

Well if they aren't on the same page, that is more than disconcerting. But the part the OP bolded is absolutely correct. I can tell you that your pre-snap reads are much simpler when you have been able to run the ball at five and six yards a clip. No doubt about it. Problem is, can we do that against an SEC defense?

Swestwill66

Hopefully  it has been ones on ones in practice. That's the only way they're gonna be ready for the Sec.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: hawgfan4life on September 18, 2017, 07:57:05 pm
BB is the HC.  I will go with his answer.  That said, the WRs we have on the field have been in their system for over a year or more and had all spring and fall to learn the routes.  Some minor corrections are to be expected, but not full blown Ned the First Grade Reader level corrections.  This falls on coaches asking them to do too much or not coaching them up to do what they are asking.  There are NO excuses that are adequate for our problems on offense.  The coaches need to get it fixed immediately or seek another school.  I have defended them completely until now and the issues we are having are not defendable.  After last years finish, you would have thought the coaches would have the team chomping at the bit to redeem themselves and they came out flat in LR and played like Ned against TCU on offense with yet another 4th Qtr embarrassment.  Put up or shut up.  No excuses and no more talk!

Good post.  I played and there really some truth to letting an athlete be just that... one of the arts to good coaching is keeping things simple so the athlete can be an athlete.   Speed comes from reaction and being natural.   I have thought for a long time that our current coaches make things way too complex.   Run fast, make move or cut, catch ball.   The routes are easy when you allow them to run it and not overthink it.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne