Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

aTM game unis.....

Started by ricepig, September 17, 2017, 04:51:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

As a huge fan of both teams, I love this.

NOW JUST DON'T SUCK!!!!!!!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 17, 2017, 08:13:31 pm
The players love them.  As soon as it went public, my son sent this picture.  He likes his.

Do you think there is a chance that they'll also wear those uniforms in Baton Rouge against LSU?? I would absolutely love that!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Michael_E_Davis

Funny how this popped up at the top with all the comments right after I posted it.  :) 
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Justifiable Hogicide

What a fantastic idea - both the great uniforms and the public honoring of Jerry Jones who more than deserves our accolades.
Arkansas's Team and America's Team - Woo Pig!

zebradynasty

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 17, 2017, 06:06:35 pm
These unis are vastly superior to our shoulder pad "tusks" uniforms.

100% agree !!! Get rid of the current jerseys the tusk looks pop warner. Change the helmet to red and that should be our new uni full time.

elksnort

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 17, 2017, 05:48:09 pm
Almost all teams in college and the pros now do some sort of alternate uniforms from time to time. I used to not like it but I changed my mind over the years. Personally I like it as long as a Hog is on the helmet.
I completely understand. I'm just not fond of bells and whistles when the brakes and the transmission don't work well

Hoggish1

Why is the Hog on the pants headed in the wrong direction?

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 17, 2017, 08:48:29 pm
Why is the Hog on the pants headed in the wrong direction?
try taking some Tylenol.........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PorkRinds

A little OSUish but I do like it.

jgphillips3

I'd rather see the 64 throwbacks but these are a hell of a lot better than the full anthracite ones.  Good for a one off.

BorderPatrol

It must suck to be some of you. I bet your family loves you though.

bp

DLUXHOG

Quote from: GirlHog on September 17, 2017, 08:54:44 pm
....as you knew they would. When I saw the uniforms on Twitter, I was ecstatic! Then, the next thought was, well, here come the Debbie Downers. It didn't take long, either. Some people spend their lives looking for anything negative. It's gotten so old. People who don't like the unis need to remember one thing...they aren't for you. Go Hogs!

:o The tendency to whining and complaining may be taken as the surest sign symptom of little souls and inferior intellects.

Francis Jeffrey

PossumFan

I guess I'll root for the Hogs anyway.

Hey, I stuck with the Redskins even after they hired Spurrier. I reckon I can grin and bear it.

Rudy Baylor

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: GuvHog on September 17, 2017, 08:29:22 pm
Do you think there is a chance that they'll also wear those uniforms in Baton Rouge against LSU?? I would absolutely love that!
These are probably a "one and done" uniform.  Cooper told me back in the summer that they might be doing something special for A&M, but I don't believe the players had the specifics until recently.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

BassinHawg

Who's the ad wizard that thought this gimmick up? I guess if you can't play like Ohio St. you can at least look like them.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hobhog on September 17, 2017, 05:50:54 pm
Thank gawd it's an 11am game and no one will be watching. Think I may listen on radio for first time in years....

May you be blessed with a fungal visitor that has you singing in a deep growl directly into the porcelain pot. May you be doubly blessed with a need to sit down and play the mud trombone as well.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Swestwill66

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 17, 2017, 09:26:49 pm
May you be blessed with a fungal visitor that has you singing in a deep growl directly into the porcelain pot. May you be doubly blessed with a need to sit down and play the mud trombone as well.

Lol !

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Swestwill66

I like them also. They do resemble OSU though.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: GirlHog on September 17, 2017, 09:45:02 pm
Bingo! Or a sign of little, teeny, tiny body parts.

I'm selecting you to be "Chief Executive Checker and Inspector of little, teeny, tiny body parts"... Your report should be on the board of directors table Tuesday morning.... 8)

BroyledNutts

These need to be the unis moving forward. They're modern with a retro feel to them, the helmets are slick - it all just looks really, really good.

Keep these, make a travel version, trash everything else.

Porked Tongue

I'm oblivious to those that disagree with my dislike of the uniforms.  I'm thankful to JJ for his support of the Hogs but this is just a token thing anyway.  Yes the players might like the uniforms or the helmets and that's what I'd expect.

I'm okay with a little change but not with changing colors or adding colors to the scheme.  Not a fan of the black or the grey.

Of course, we got to spend that money on something and need to sell another jersey scheme to the fans.

Go Hogs Go.  Beat A&M.   Hope the jersey's bring a switch in results.   

gchamblee

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 17, 2017, 04:53:18 pm
I bet the kids think its pretty cool.

50 here and I think it's pretty cool as well.

gchamblee

Quote from: elksnort on September 17, 2017, 04:54:52 pm
More gimmicks.

How about block and tackle well.

Maybe the uni's will fire them up. In our current state I'm not going to mock anything they try.

The_Iceman

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 17, 2017, 09:50:15 pm
These need to be the unis moving forward. They're modern with a retro feel to them, the helmets are slick - it all just looks really, really good.

Keep these, make a travel version, trash everything else.

The jerseys are perfect! I'd make the pants white, and use our traditional red helmet.

gchamblee

Quote from: ricepig on September 17, 2017, 05:07:10 pm
It's a great life, what were you doing when you read the post? Actually, I watched some of the Cubs/Cardinals, but turned to the end of the golf tournament.

I admire you men that can sit and watch a game of pro baseball. I can watch a hog game, but I do it because I'm waiting on football and basketball :P.

codeHog

I would like to know what an Ohio St fan thinks about them

BigE_23

Lord knows I've been a vocal critic of Jeff Long's for quite some time...but I have to give it to him.

This was a brilliant move. He certainly knows how to butter his bread.

I like the uniforms...and I hope they work this weekend against the gAggies.

jkstock04

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 17, 2017, 09:59:24 pm
The jerseys are perfect! I'd make the pants white, and use our traditional red helmet.

I think the grey pants with the helmet look pretty awesome. A little vintage feel
to them.

Lol who knows maybe if we look completely different we will play completely different. That can't be bad!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

The_Iceman

Quote from: codeHog on September 17, 2017, 10:17:07 pm

I don't give a flip what Ohio State thinks.

GuvHog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 17, 2017, 09:12:25 pm
These are probably a "one and done" uniform.  Cooper told me back in the summer that they might be doing something special for A&M, but I don't believe the players had the specifics until recently.

They would look good as alternate uniforms in Baton Rouge. I just don't like the Hogs having to wear their regular home red uniforms in Tiger Stadium.

hogcard1964

Been10Hog

Hop aTm doesn't wear Broncos uniforms!

GuvHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 18, 2017, 07:43:55 am
+1000

I hope we don't actually follow through with these.

Say what you want but they look far better than those Anthracite Uniforms.

CPL HOG

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 17, 2017, 09:59:24 pm

This

CPL HOG

Quote from: codeHog on September 17, 2017, 10:17:07 pm

F*** Ohio State this has noting to do with them.

hogcard1964

hogcard1964

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 07:53:09 am
Say what you want but they look far better than those Anthracite Uniforms.

That's not saying much.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 18, 2017, 08:10:59 am
That's not saying much.

Yeah it is. Those Anthracite unifoerms are horrible. These are much, much better. The only change I'd make to these uniforms for the A&M game is I'd replace the White Hog on the helmet with a red one.

koreaben

I am a fan of Long & Bielema,  but with all the whinging going on around here, this scene certainly has a place in this thread (not searching back to see if someone has already posted).
Long, Bielema and Razorback football go and do something like this and TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELVES.
Representing the Hogs in a VERY anti pig country.

rzrbk4life

I like em. Now go beat the aggies
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Corkscrew Johnson

Actually looks a lot better than the 90s arena league crap we've been wearing for the past 5 years. 

LRHog

Quote from: orvillesghost on September 17, 2017, 06:23:50 pm
bush league

I hate all this constant switching around..wear white on the road and red at home period.

let me guess... watching the game alone?

Keyser Sooieze

Awesome. Maybe they'll make us feel like we own the place. A Razorback does, after all.

CFB_Fanatic

It's good to see all of Hogville come together in agreement on something other than the coach.

Tortfeasor

My goodness, all the whining about a uniform created to pay tribute to an alum who was elected the NFL HOF. It is spot on for a Cowboys replica. Just see it for what it is. Good idea to give something back to JJ and let him know we appreciate the millions he donates.

codeHog

I hate Ohio St and don't need their approval....I only meant I would like to hear what they looked like through their eyes

BTW the uniforms look great and can't wait to see them on the field

Craig O Squeal

So, they didn't even take the time to shoot this from two sides? They just flipped the image? Look at the first pic...it's backwards. The first number on the back is a zero, should be a two. What got me looking was the fact that the Hog was facing two directions on the pants (away from the guy's junk) and I didn't think they would have two Hogs on the pants. That's when I realized that there is one Hog on the pants, but they just flipped the pic. Kind of lazy IMO.

OLDHOG

Quote from: WorfHog on September 17, 2017, 07:20:31 pm
Seems like Jerry likes them and it's in honor of him so the rest of you can go take a hike.

Jerry Jones has done more for this University and the Athletic program as a student athlete and an alumnus than almost anyone in our history. Especially the idiot posters on this forum.

The haters can f-off about this.

+1