Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I still think it's too early...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, September 15, 2017, 04:45:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

To give up on this team.  The TCU game was only our second game.  We will see what happens next Saturday.  There are a few SEC teams that are struggling early this year.  There is still plenty of time to make it a good season and go to a decent bowl.

This, of course, is a completely different situation,  but over at the Auburn board,  they are ready to get rid of Gus. They are doing petitions (just like here)  they are coming up with lists of coaches to go after (just like here)   and they only lost by eight points to the defending national champions, with the best defense I have ever seen. It's kind of ridiculous.

Let's just relax and see what happens next Saturday. People might be surprised.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

woodrow hog call

I agree, I wasn't happy at all with the TCU game but, I won't write off the entire season yet.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

lakecityhog

Oh, I think that we will win 6 games get a lower tier bowl, win that and repeat again in 2018.
Long will say "How can you fire a guy that has taken you to a bowl game 5 out of 6 years?"

We may fool around and win 7 regular season games every 3rd year and win a bowl to wind up 8-5 but that will pretty much be the high water mark.

cj_sez

In Dec of 69, my dad took me to the "Game of the Century", Arkansas vs Texas. We lost and all the way down off the mountain my dad cussed Nixon. I had just turned 9, and at that moment became a HOG fan. Skip ahead a few years, and I remember watching the sun rise above Miami. It was beautiful, but not nearly as glorious as the Orange Bowl where we knocked Oklahoma down and Roland Sales became a Hog Hero. Skip ahead again. Once more Texas, but this time in the student section and we destroyed them 42-11. Skip ahead, and remember Quinn Grovey teaching Houston how to play their own game. What a thrill to see Houston staggering when confronted with the Razorbacks return fire, run and shoot. Skip ahead again and again. There were plenty of down years and some up years, but never did I ever feel it was impossible for the Razorbacks to win, to keep the dream alive. I will never give up on the team, but this coaching staff makes it very hard to dream of the possibilities. I want to dream and aspire, like I did when I was 9.

jgphillips3

Give up on the team?  Hell no.  I'll cheer for those boys.  Give up on the coaches that continue to fail those same players over and over.  Yup.  I don't think Bert will ever get it done here but I'll be cheering on those young men and hoping they win every game.  Realistically though, that portly woman is doing a rousing Bohemian Rhapsody as I type.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: cj_sez on September 15, 2017, 04:59:28 pm
In Dec of 69, my dad took me to the "Game of the Century", Arkansas vs Texas. We lost and all the way down off the mountain my dad cussed Nixon. I had just turned 9, and at that moment became a HOG fan. Skip ahead a few years, and I remember watching the sun rise above Miami. It was beautiful, but not nearly as glorious as the Orange Bowl where we knocked Oklahoma down and Roland Sales became a Hog Hero. Skip ahead again. Once more Texas, but this time in the student section and we destroyed them 42-11. Skip ahead, and remember Quinn Grovey teaching Houston how to play their own game. What a thrill to see Houston staggering when confronted with the Razorbacks return fire, run and shoot. Skip ahead again and again. There were plenty of down years and some up years, but never did I ever feel it was impossible for the Razorbacks to win, to keep the dream alive. I will never give up on the team, but this coaching staff makes it very hard to dream of the possibilities. I want to dream and aspire, like I did when I was 9.

I understand what you are saying,  but Bielema has had a lot of good wins.  Do you remember beating Ole Miss the last two times,  and beating LSU at their place at night?  Do remember beating Florida and Tennessee and Texas Tech and crushing the short horns in the Texas Bowl?  What about the wins against TCU and Mississippi State last year?   Sure, we broke down at the end of the year -  and the TCU game this year looked bad,  but it isn't like Bielema and company haven't had any good wins. 
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Ironhawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 15, 2017, 05:02:53 pm
Give up on the team?  Hell no.  I'll cheer for those boys.  Give up on the coaches that continue to fail those same players over and over.  Yup.  I don't think Bert will ever get it done here but I'll be cheering on those young men and hoping they win every game.  Realistically though, that portly woman is doing a rousing Bohemian Rhapsody as I type.

This is it right here.  I will cheer for and support those kids that choose to wear Arkansas red and white, but I have lost faith in the coaching staff and Bielema in particular, to do anything special at Arkansas.

Tejano Jawg

I realize this does not relate whatsoever...but in 1981 we lost to TCU, then the next game, beat the hell out of No. 1 Texas.

Yes, it's too early. For me, the way we looked vs TCU has stuck with me more than the outcome. We'll see if our coaching staff can rethink some things, move some people around, keep our players' spirits up.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

cj_sez

A few good wins do not offset the bad losses. I think the kids who put on a Razorback uniform and step onto a field, track, or court deserve better coaches than we have at present.