Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally today...

Started by hawgon, September 14, 2017, 07:35:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

No one's mentioned this yet?  I'm telling you I've been an Arkansas fan a long time and things don't start to turn critical like this until something is going to happen.  Wallace is also critical, at least indirectly of Long. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/sep/14/upon-further-review-petrino-s-teams-bet/

Silver Hog

ricepig

ballz2thewall

indeed. this is a rare article. if you know how to read WH you can decipher the tea leaves. he began earlier this week throwing hints, and today was more blunt than i can recall.

this tells you that there is chatter among people that matter, and i'm not talking about the average fan.

The rest of the frog.

ricepig

Quote from: ballz2thewall on September 14, 2017, 08:22:38 pm
indeed. this is a rare article. if you know how to read WH you can decipher the tea leaves. he began earlier this week throwing hints, and today was more blunt than i can recall.

this tells you that there is chatter among people that matter, and i'm not talking about the average fan.

He also said we should play ASU over Coastal Carolina, you think that's going to happen?

Porkchop#1

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 08:23:31 pm
He also said we should play ASU over Coastal Carolina, you think that's going to happen?
I have to say that is a bad idea, it would destroy football here in Arkansas, it might be fine & dandy in the other 49 states, but a bad idea for us.  And why mess with what is working sooooo well?

Maybe if we swapped coaches for the game.

Silver Hog

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 14, 2017, 08:28:56 pm
I have to say that is a bad idea, it would destroy football here in Arkansas, it might be fine & dandy in the other 49 states, but a bad idea for us.  And why mess with what is working sooooo well?

Maybe if we swapped coaches for the game.
I've never understood why arkansas is so delicate, that they cannot play A-state.

davehog

Little Wally is just a newspaper salesman. That's what he's always been.

He's just selling newspapers.

Porked Tongue

Atlhogfan1

He said BPs two teams were better than Nutts one.  What is so special or intriguing in that?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

factchecker

I heard Wally had a low post count..... we better watch out.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

thebignasty

ugh we are in folks telling us to listen to Wally territory over here.

factchecker

Quote from: thebignasty on September 14, 2017, 08:42:46 pm
ugh we are in folks telling us to listen to Wally territory over here.

It's hawgon..... his number one criteria is post-count.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

WilsonHog

"Listen to Wally" misses the point; the point is that people are talking in a way that hasn't been heard in the past four years. I heard it this week on state and national  sportstalk shows. National is one thing; when we start hearing it inside our borders, it's time to start paying attention.

thebignasty

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 14, 2017, 08:51:51 pm
"Listen to Wally" misses the point; the point is that people are talking in a way that hasn't been heard in the past four years. I heard it this week on state and national  sportstalk shows. National is one thing; when we start hearing it inside our borders, it's time to start paying attention.

I agree, actually.  You know it's bad when folks come in here citing Wally.

factchecker

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 14, 2017, 08:51:51 pm

Agreed.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hoggish1

Quote from: ballz2thewall on September 14, 2017, 08:22:38 pm

You bring up a joke—Wally Hall.

Locutus_of_Boar

"It was a personal mistake in Wednesday's column that should have said one of the best seasons the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville has had in the past 15 years was 2006."

No Wally it was a mistake to remind Arkansas fans facing up to yet another coaching failure that one of the "best" years of the 21st century began with a 50 point beat down on their home field followed up by a 2 point escape over Vandy featured a win over Bama that is mostly remembered for the Tide's on Hedlundesue kicking disaster that sealed their coach's fate and ended up with three strait losses including the most stupid punt return in school history and a loss to a coach who in retrospect should not have been hired six years later.  Add to that the whole season was played out to a ridiculous coaching soap opera featuring feuding coaches and the most overrated recruit in state history.  Great?  Really?

In the present case Bielema's impending demise will play out much like Ford's in 1997.  Do yourself a favor and go dig old Orville Henry columns out of the 1997 file and rewrite them with the names changed.  Even when he was doing nothing more than towing the company line Henry's story telling skills were at least entertaining. 

Hogwild

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 08:23:31 pm

Maybe our next AD won't be so scared to play in state schools.

Bama & Auburn play Troy & USA, LSU is always playing LA schools, A&M plays TX schools regularly, Mizzou opened with MO St, Ole Miss and State play other MS schools. Why don't we?

ricepig

Quote from: Hogwild on September 15, 2017, 07:01:45 am

Bama & Auburn play Troy & USA, LSU is always playing LA schools, A&M plays TX schools regularly, Mizzou opened with MO St, Ole Miss and State play other MS schools. Why don't we?

Well, our previous 2 AD's were scared silly of the injuns, I guess it's part of the job description. Name me the last in-state team and year, outside of Auburn, that Alabama has played?

Here's you a link to help with that chore.

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/all-opp.pl?start=1869&end=2016&team=Alabama&sort=a&mingames=0

rhames

Quote from: Hogwild on September 15, 2017, 07:01:45 am

To me this has become the pile on argument after Saturday's lose. No one would give 2 craps about playing in state schools IF the hogs would have won.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

factchecker

Quote from: rhames on September 15, 2017, 07:27:24 am

To me this has become the pile on argument after Saturday's lose. No one would give 2 craps about playing in state schools IF the hogs would have won.

But jonesboro state would still be throwing a fit about Razorback Punch:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rhames

Quote from: factchecker on September 15, 2017, 07:32:25 am

Haha. I saw that this morning.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

toxichog

Quote from: Silver Hog on September 14, 2017, 07:39:39 pm
Bring Bobby Back (BBB).

If you offered him dramatically more than he's making at Louisville, He wouldn't come.  When he was at his lowest, Petrino admitted the biggest mistake he ever made was leaving Louisville.  Yes, he considered that a bigger mistake than the motorcycle fiasco.  His logic was that at Louisville he can win big and possibly a national championship.  There is competition, but not the gauntlet you would face every year in the SEC.  He also loved living in Louisville, and is fond of the ponies.  It's big enough that everybody isn't always in your business.
He hated the NFL, and his players hated him............he did like Arkansas, but didn't love it........if he hadn't been fired, he likely would have moved on to somewhere else by now..........that ship has sailed, even if some here just can't believe that Arkansas is not the center of the football universe.

Polecat

Quote from: factchecker on September 15, 2017, 07:32:25 am

US Pizza makes a mean salad
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

rhames

Quote from: toxichog on September 15, 2017, 08:05:49 am
If you offered him dramatically more than he's making at Louisville, He wouldn't come.  When he was at his lowest, Petrino admitted the biggest mistake he ever made was leaving Louisville.  Yes, he considered that a bigger mistake than the motorcycle fiasco.  His logic was that at Louisville he can win big and possibly a national championship.  There is competition, but not the gauntlet you would face every year in the SEC.  He also loved living in Louisville, and is fond of the ponies.  It's big enough that everybody isn't always in your business.
He hated the NFL, and his players hated him............he did like Arkansas, but didn't love it........if he hadn't been fired, he likely would have moved on to somewhere else by now..........that ship has sailed, even if some here just can't believe that Arkansas is not the center of the football universe.

While he doesn't come back. He said that biggest mistake mumbo jumbo because Louisville was looking for a coach. Hell I'm not so sure it wasn't the press conference when they hired him where he said that.

DeltaBoy

There is Blood in the Water now cause Wally and Slick Rick are cutting loose on Long and his coach.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

go hogues

Quote from: toxichog on September 15, 2017, 08:05:49 am
His logic was that at Louisville he can win big and possibly a national championship. 
And has an AD who will always look the other way.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

jkstock04

Quote from: Silver Hog on September 14, 2017, 08:30:24 pm
I've never understood why arkansas is so delicate, that they cannot play A-state.
Because playing them on a year like this one could be the ultimate disaster. Would you say that's an automatic win if we played them this year? I wouldn't.

Hogs have nothing to gain by beating them...red wolves have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 14, 2017, 09:00:34 pm
You bring up a joke—Wally Hall.

But this time, his column is no joke. He's right.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

EastexHawg

Maybe half a decade of 29-34 football, 12-28 in conference play, is enough for people to wake up and realize that we have become one of the worst football programs in the SEC.  Better yet, apparently some of them dislike it enough to want changes.  Notice "changes" is plural.

Granny fan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 15, 2017, 08:17:28 am
There is Blood in the Water now cause Wally and Slick Rick are cutting loose on Long and his coach.

Saw this same thing happen with HDN.  He was gone in a year.

311Hog

No one is scared of the Indian Red Wolves, please.  If something has no point that means you don't do it.

There is no point for the Hogs play anyone else in this state.