Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"We're here to win the SEC and that's what we're gonna do!"

Started by Captain Morgan, September 13, 2017, 02:29:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Morgan

Better beat an Aggie first because no coach in Arkansas history has lost 5 in a row to an Aggie.

FineAsSwine

Well, we managed to help Auburn make history and took some of the heat off of Gus. If Sumlin can help make history with six aTm wins over the Hogs, it may take some heat off of his hide as well.  :puke:

Hogs up! Covid down!

#1Fan

Quote from: Captain Morgan on September 13, 2017, 02:29:18 pm
Better beat an Aggie first because no coach in Arkansas history has lost 5 in a row to an Aggie.
That would be uncommon.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogcard1964

GoHogs1091

Got to first start figuring out how to win against Texas A&M, and how to win consistently against Auburn and how to win consistently against Mississippi State before the goal of winning the conference can be considered.

The only 2 wins against those 3 teams over 4 seasons is not good coaching.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 13, 2017, 03:17:10 pm
Got to first start figuring out how to win against Texas A&M, and how to win consistently against Auburn and how to win consistently against Mississippi State before the goal of winning the conference can be considered.

The only 2 wins against those 3 teams over 4 seasons is not good coaching.

That bold statement was too arrogant for a coach who has yet to beat an Aggie.

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 13, 2017, 03:04:01 pm
Have we lost 3 or 4 consecutively to them?

We have lost 5 consecutively to them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas%E2%80%93Texas_A%26M_football_rivalry

Bielema was the coach for 4 of those.

Edit: I'm dumb and didn't see this had already been answered above. Disregard this post.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 13, 2017, 07:35:16 pm
We have lost 5 consecutively to them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas%E2%80%93Texas_A%26M_football_rivalry

Bielema was the coach for 4 of those.

Edit: I'm dumb and didn't see this had already been answered above. Disregard this post.

It's all good. I repeat things sometimes too.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogusta National

The thing about the OP is that CBB has set several 'records' for which you do not want credit for, i.e. allowing 39 rushing TD's last year which broke the record for.....HIS previous record of 25 rushing TD's allowed in the previous season.  There are too many other 'records' to list here - just making a point.

Razor1997

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 13, 2017, 03:04:01 pm
Have we lost 3 or 4 consecutively to them?

Five, but only four of them under Bret.

The first loss was under John L Smith.  It's the first time I've ever seen a team get 500+ yards of offense and still lose by 48 points.