Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conference APR Scores-SEC

Started by harrisburghog, September 13, 2017, 12:45:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

Hey we made the top 10..... in the SEC.

ShadowHawg

uncommon

I am glad we aren't ranked higher like those win at all cost programs on that list.

Tusks

So the hogs are BEHIND most all of the 'win at all cost' schools.

JL you're a dumb arse
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Tusks

somebody tweet that to JL, maybe he thinks hog fans can't read.

ricepig

Looks like we moved up 4 spots from 5 years ago.......

31to6

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on September 13, 2017, 12:47:16 pm
We'd be 5th in the Big-12. Time to change conferences!!!

Tusks

Quote from: ricepig on September 13, 2017, 01:22:59 pm
Looks like we moved up 4 spots from 5 years ago.......

So the Hogs were last in the SEC in APR 5 years ago?

Redhogs

Louisville # 2 in the ACC.....where are all the CBP bashers on this?  Crickets........It's simple, Long and Bert pulling out all the excuses as stupid as they are instead of facing and fixing the real problems..and to answer another poster..yes...Long does think we are blind idiots.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

RazorPiggie

So thats from 2 school years ago, correct?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Redhogs on September 13, 2017, 01:33:15 pm
Louisville # 2 in the ACC.....where are all the CBP bashers on this?  Crickets........It's simple, Long and Bert pulling out all the excuses as stupid as they are instead of facing and fixing the real problems..and to answer another poster..yes...Long does think we are blind idiots.

Well this is from the 2015-2016 school year so almost half of those players were from Strong.

Calling All Hogs

Looks like Jeff Long just got dealt a hand without an integrity card to play.

Tusks

With bama, auburn, yes that's auburn guys, and florida all tied for 2nd in the conference can JL drop this stupid stuff.

harrisburghog

Pig in the Pokey

wait. i thought that's what we were good at.  ::)
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

factchecker

The improvement is what has been touted:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jkstock04

I've got a question about this...how does APR affect graduating players vs players going pro? Is that how Bama is so high? Cause they send players to the NFL left and right so they get an automatic "A" grade on those players APR wise?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Porkette

It's hard to know who to believe about this stuff anyway. I clearly remember during the Petrino years hearing about how our players were going to class better, more disciplined off the field,  and improving academically over where they had been. Now the narrative is what a mess Arkansas used to be off the field before Bielema. If it was, we certainly didn't hear about it at the time.
GO HOGS GO!

factchecker

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 13, 2017, 03:51:38 pm
I've got a question about this...how does APR affect graduating players vs players going pro? Is that how Bama is so high? Cause they send players to the NFL left and right so they get an automatic "A" grade on those players APR wise?

I think you get a waiver or maybe even points if you send players to the pros.  I know you don't get punished because if that was the case then Kentucky would be in a world of trouble.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

harrisburghog

It always seems grades only matter when the team is losing.

hobhog

This thread is more proof that some people will bitch about anything.....

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Maybe David Bazzell will make a trophy so we'll have something football related to put in the trophy case.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

lasthog

Quote from: tusked on September 13, 2017, 01:43:06 pm
With bama, auburn, yes that's auburn guys, and florida all tied for 2nd in the conference can JL drop this stupid stuff.

It's much harder to get a high APR at Arkansas.  Those top schools are either in or nearer fertile recruiting grounds.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: factchecker on September 13, 2017, 03:47:46 pm
The improvement is what has been touted:

Umm, you just posted athletic department info rather than football specific info

factchecker

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 14, 2017, 05:08:58 am
Umm, you just posted athletic department info rather than football specific info

I was trying to find infographics and pictures because I know it's hard for Hogville to read but here is another link:

QuoteFootball made a 14-point gain in its multiyear APR for the second straight year to earn a 966 in the most current listing. It is the highest multiyear rate recorded by the football program since APR was implemented and eclipsed the previous record (952) set in 2014-15. Earlier this year, football led all SEC schools with 39 members on the SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll. Arkansas also led the league in overall fall academic honor roll selections (91) in SEC sponsored sports.

http://news.uark.edu/articles/38777/razorbacks-earn-record-apr
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS