Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suck it up buttercup

Started by Tweeter, September 12, 2017, 04:43:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweeter

We are stuck with BB for the rest of the yr and probably next.  Just have to ride it out because the worse part has not gotten here yet.  Its just reality at this point. It sucks but it is what it is for now.  Bash away!

Wildhog

Why do you build me up buttercup, baby
Just to let me down and mess me around
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

phadedhawg

Quote from: Wildhog on September 12, 2017, 04:52:22 pm
Why do you build me up buttercup, baby
Just to let me down and mess me around

And then worst of all (worst of all) you never call, baby
When you say you will (say you will) but I love you still
I need you (I need you) more than anyone, darlin'
You know that I have from the start
So build me up (build me up) buttercup, don't break my heart....

Wildhog

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 12, 2017, 04:54:04 pm
You know that I have from the start
So build me up (build me up) buttercup, don't break my heart....

OP broke my heart. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

bondhue

Quote from: Tweeter on September 12, 2017, 04:43:40 pm
We are stuck with BB for the rest of the yr and probably next.  Just have to ride it out because the worse part has not gotten here yet.  Its just reality at this point. It sucks but it is what it is for now.  Bash away!
The worse part has gotten here but the worst part has not.  It is coming and we should lay bets as to just how bad it will be.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

code red

I won't ride it out.  Somebody else can pay a couple grand and have my seats. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

cosmodrum

Oh we're sucking it up, alright.
Go away, batin'

Dirty

I love it! Tweet gave us buttercup

WilsonHog

Solid contribution to the discussion, that was.

Etowah

We win the next 3 games...will be 4 and 1...and all will be well.

And then to the point....if a coach is always on the hot seat, it certainly does not help recruiting.

I really wish the "change coach" talk would stop for that reason.

go hogues

Quote from: Etowah on September 12, 2017, 05:45:18 pm

And then to the point....if a coach is always on the hot seat, it certainly does not help recruiting.

Lol
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

007 License To Squeal

Remedy:  Change coach.......problem solved.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

WilsonHog

Yes, all will be well...for that week. Well, maybe two, because no one expects us to even compete with Alabama, but then Auburn comes to town. Lose that one and all will not be well.

navyhog24

The worst will be when the newspaper ads start coming and the banners from the planes come flying overhead. And who knows what else. I'm surprised Jeff Long has such a short memory of the Nutt debacle. It will get that bad again.

Dominicanhog

Don't see us beating USCe... might be looking at 2-3..

Rayzback

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 12, 2017, 05:59:51 pm
Yes, all will be well...for that week. Well, maybe two, because no one expects us to even compete with Alabama, but then Auburn comes to town. Lose that one and all will not be well.

Really? I'm trying to take advantage of the bye week and come down off the ledge.  Where was I?

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

MJ2

Assuming you are right, the only real action to take is to quit buying tickets, going to games and contributing to the program.    That would result in change.

1highhog

Quote from: MJ2 on September 13, 2017, 12:38:56 pm
Assuming you are right, the only real action to take is to quit buying tickets, going to games and contributing to the program.    That would result in change.

I is already there.

Tusks

Its going to get really bad.  JL tweeting and arguing with fans is something you can't come back from.

The only good thing that might come from the sinking of this ship is that maybe JL leaves too. 

My worry is replacing them.  NOT that you shouldn't try but look at the type of leadership on college campuses today.  There are some really bad administrators running colleges these days and I'm concerned about what those guys will do with replacing JL.

Hog fans have made JL and BB financially comfortable for the rest of their lives.  It would be nice if the fans could get some glimmer of hope that the right guys can get into he position of AD and HFC and exploit the positives of the program instead of excuses of how bad the prospects for the program are.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogsanity

Quote from: MJ2 on September 13, 2017, 12:38:56 pm

and very very few have the stomach, or the desire to do that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HighcountryHog

Quote from: bondhue on September 12, 2017, 05:04:25 pm
The worse part has gotten here but the worst part has not.  It is coming and we should lay bets as to just how bad it will be.

Over/Under on hitting John L levels.?
no bumps, no fat chicks

yocdaddy

For the most part, our fans are delusional and have unrealistic expectations.  We will never have as much talent as Alabama, LSU, or even Auburn.  Occasionally, we will beat one or maybe two of those schools in a single season.   We should be a Top 25 program, but that might mean 4th in the SEC West with a 9-3 record at best.  When you play good non-conference teams, 8-4 is probably the norm.  To reach those levels, coaching stability is likely the key.  We will never be able to recruit our way to perennial Top 2 finishes in the SEC West, accept that and reduce your stress level.

All of our fans who think we should finish 10-2 or better with a SEC West division title every other year are flat out delusional and unrealistic.

If we finished Top 3 or 4 in the SEC West every year and challenged for a title once every 5 years, I'd be tickled. 
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tusks

Quote from: yocdaddy on September 13, 2017, 01:17:27 pm
For the most part, our fans are delusional and have unrealistic expectations.  We will never have as much talent as Alabama, LSU, or even Auburn.  Occasionally, we will beat one or maybe two of those schools in a single season.   We should be a Top 25 program, but that might mean 4th in the SEC West with a 9-3 record at best.  When you play good non-conference teams, 8-4 is probably the norm.  To reach those levels, coaching stability is likely the key.  We will never be able to recruit our way to perennial Top 2 finishes in the SEC West, accept that and reduce your stress level.

All of our fans who think we should finish 10-2 or better with a SEC West division title every other year are flat out delusional and unrealistic.

If we finished Top 3 or 4 in the SEC West every year and challenged for a title once every 5 years, I'd be tickled. 

So when will the hogs get BETTER and have the finishes hog fans should settle for?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

bondhue

Quote from: tusked on September 13, 2017, 01:46:41 pm
So when will the hogs get BETTER and have the finishes hog fans should settle for?
^^   What Bluto said.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 12, 2017, 04:45:12 pm
This one seems particularly happy with the state of things.

You can be pissed off in one hand and hold the other one open waiting for a coach change. You will still have to wait just as long as everyone else...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

sickboy

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 12, 2017, 05:59:51 pm

Nobody expected the Spanish Inquisition, either!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 13, 2017, 02:03:37 pm
Yeah.  Because we have so many people with those expectations.

You tell 'em.

Nope but 2 9+ win seasons ever 4-5 years 2 SEC titles per a decade.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: yocdaddy on September 13, 2017, 01:17:27 pm

It's not just about expectations it's about the ineptitude of what we have right now.  Where at you been the last four games Joe?

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 13, 2017, 04:22:48 pm
It's not just about expectations it's about the ineptitude of what we have right now.

^^THIS^^

hobhog

Quote from: code red on September 12, 2017, 05:10:59 pm
I won't ride it out.  Somebody else can pay a couple grand and have my seats.

And they will......