Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey DeltaBoy!

Started by snoblind, September 12, 2017, 02:42:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoblind

Are you the same DeltaBoy who called in to Bo's show about 15-20 minutes ago?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: snoblind on September 12, 2017, 02:42:57 pm
Are you the same DeltaBoy who called in to Bo's show about 15-20 minutes ago?

yes he is.

I'll take the over on him calling Jeff a Carpetbagger at least once.

Sounds like Ron from Midland's more hillbilly and angry twin brother.
This is my non-signature signature.

DeltaBoy

Yes I call in every once in a while from down here in Texas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

cosmodrum

Bro, you gotta give us a heads-up when you're on hold. I HAVE to hear this. Have to.
Go away, batin'

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 12, 2017, 03:19:35 pm
Bro, you gotta give us a heads-up when you're on hold. I HAVE to hear this. Have to.

It'll be on Sportstalk Extra tonight.

jst01

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 12, 2017, 03:19:35 pm

It's everything you think it will be.

Polecat

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 12, 2017, 03:18:41 pm
Yes I call in every once in a while from down here in Texas.

What part of Texas?
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ragnar Hogbrok

Where can I hear this?  I'm dying to know if Delta sounds like he does when I read his voice in my head!
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: The Chief on September 12, 2017, 03:48:06 pm
Where can I hear this?  I'm dying to know if Delta sounds like he does when I read his voice in my head!

Forrest Gump x Ben Stein.

(just kidding Delta.  Still love you.)
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

snoblind

:)

Not bad, not bad.  A man of few words on the radio also. 

spe450

Was the phrase "string him up!" involved?

Wildhog

Quote from: spe450 on September 12, 2017, 04:00:52 pm
Was the phrase "string him up!" involved?

Jeff Long unreconstructed our football program?  O_o
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Quote from: The Chief on September 12, 2017, 03:48:06 pm

Precisely!
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm betting he's got a little Boomhauer sprinkled in there too.

"Dang ol' dang ol' carpetbagger!"
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PorkRinds

I listened to the replay for a bit but didn't hear it. Does it replay on a podcast?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Say Forrest Gump and Bubba all in one. He's not really redneck unless he used the phrase cottonpickin a couple times.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 12, 2017, 07:36:09 pm
I listened to the replay for a bit but didn't hear it. Does it replay on a podcast?

I didn't hear him on the podcast.

If you want to hear the better points of Sports Talk, download the Extra Podcast. Has most of the outside interviews (Booger was on today)

Don't think Delta made the cut though.

Boardon Hamsay

Sweet hell, someone has to have the clip of the call. I need my "carpetbagger" fix for the day.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boarslab

Quote from: Wildhog on September 12, 2017, 04:03:49 pm
Jeff Long unreconstructed our football program?  O_o
Bahahahaha--awesome !! 

thebignasty

I am sick I missed this. Sick.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Ragnar Hogbrok

I'm about to PM Delta my phone number just so I can hear him. I really gotta know now.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

Peter Porker

It sounded like the Hollywood version of the slow, racist redneck caricature. Deltaboy should go to Hollywood. He fits the profile perfectly.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Peter Porker on September 13, 2017, 06:22:53 am
It sounded like the Hollywood version of the slow, racist redneck caricature. Deltaboy should go to Hollywood. He fits the profile perfectly.

I think you just described 90% of Hogville.

DeltaBoy

What did you expect I grew up in the black land Delta just off the White River.

gustofwind

I heard Carls voice from Slingblade.

Boardon Hamsay

How the hell can we have someone crouching in the bushes at Powerhouse to see if Gruden is there within 15 minutes of the rumor starting but noone has the clip of this call? Dreadful! A Razorback fan's take set to Civil War era vernacular is something that should always be embraced and shared!  I fear the end is near because so many Hog fans are socially disadvantaged due to missing out on the state of Razorback football, from the perspective of Lincoln administration era points of view. We may never have another chance to seize a moment like this....
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Rudy Baylor

Who's DeltaBoy?

Does he post here?

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on September 13, 2017, 07:47:00 pm
Who's DeltaBoy?

Does he post here?

Look up three posts.  He goes by the username "Deltaboy."

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on September 13, 2017, 07:47:00 pm
Who's DeltaBoy?

Does he post here?

He's been known to post here a time or two seems like a good enough feller that is fond of anti-carpetbagger propaganda Civil War era linguistics the occasional chicken recipe and maintains a master command of grammar as it relates to the black land Delta area of the state just off the White River.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on September 13, 2017, 08:06:21 pm
He's been known to post here a time or two seems like a good enough feller that is fond of anti-carpetbagger propaganda Civil War era linguistics the occasional chicken recipe and maintains a master command of grammar as it relates to the black land Delta area of the state.

He also hates plural nouns and apostrophes.

Großer Kriegschwein

World famous for breaking the rules by not only just reporting someone to the moderators on the Politics board......

But reporting himself.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 13, 2017, 08:13:01 pm
World famous for breaking the rules by not only just reporting someone to the moderators on the Politics board......

But reporting himself.

That one will live on in infamy.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 08:10:59 pm

He also never met a comma he really cared for and is really admired for his intrepid spirit towards random upper case letters could possibly also have a neck like a chimney but probably knows his way around a poker table I could see him randomly answering to Big Jim and enjoying a good peach cobbler plus he is a legend in these parts for his Robert shields memoirs and general collection of From the Bench good post Robert posts.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Ward on September 13, 2017, 08:25:01 pm
Kind of a biscuits and gravy guy then

Is that what you're saying?

Could be. His prowess for one liners is the stuff of legend in here. Now, the one liners are not all comical musings or entertaining quips. It's more literally one liners. He's a man of few words whereas I could drool into a cup and communicate via dolphin squeaks for days on end. Biscuits and gravy is highly probable. And not the upscale, cathead buttermilk biscuits from this great spot in Little Rock off Cantrell I can never recall. I could see Delta throwing back room temperature Stuckey's black coffee on a long cross country trip to pick up some old dry cleaning.

rzrbackramsfan

We're you the one that called Jeff long a pansy? Or was that joe from avoca.  It was hilarious.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 13, 2017, 08:37:05 pm
We're you the one that called Jeff long a pansy? Or was that joe from avoca.  It was hilarious.

Joe from Avoca

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 08:10:59 pm

His posts make great sig lines.  I've been using two of them for the past few months.  Quite the wordsmith, that Delta fella.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 13, 2017, 08:59:53 pm
His posts make great sig lines.  I've been using two of them for the past few months.  Quite the wordsmith, that Delta fella.

Those are perfect.

Großer Kriegschwein

Somebody needs to find the one where he reported himself to the mod. That schtick was Hogville gold legacy Vince Vega type shtit

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 13, 2017, 08:59:53 pm

Yep. Ol Delta likely cemented his place on the HV Mt. Rushmore long ago. Him, OTR (overtheroadtruckdriver, for you rookies), HRV (Harry Rex Vonner, again for the rookies), Rev. Jerry Falwell, and Ponderin are all up there for their particular set of skills.

Rudy Baylor

sorry, but this thread is just kind of lame IMO

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on September 13, 2017, 09:23:26 pm

That's cause you're a newb.

PorkRinds

Know your place.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Your mom is lame.

I've been to Iraq, Afghanistan, and places you'll never see and, yet, this thread is more adventure than your life will be ever be.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 12, 2017, 07:13:39 pm
DFW!

Dude, why haven't we crossed paths? You can find me on the corner of Ross Ave and Lowest Greenville—near Tacos y Mas, holding the cardboard sign with GOLD lettering. 5-8 white boy, bad hair, grumpy attitude, northwest Arkansas accent.

This thread is climbing the charts. So much entertainment. After I find Delta, I'm looking for the character you all call "Joe from Avoca." My mom and most of my aunts and uncles were born in Avoca. I think I was in my 40s before I finally learned Avoca was a real place.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

umpqua

I've had about 10 or 12 good laughs from this thread.