Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Long admits to not even trying...

Started by Malvin, September 12, 2017, 10:21:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorsharptusk

It's simple math.  If the fans quit buying tickets, merchandise, etc...the Coach will be asked to leave.  Money will always be the reason for firing.  Just as it is a huge reason he is still here, the buyout.  When the program starts losing money, things will change.  Add up how many programs this football team is supporting for the UofA.  Takes money.  The product we saw on the field does not represent what a 5 year coach with his recruited players should look like in my opinion.
GO HOGS!!

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 13, 2017, 10:05:08 am
You are the embarrassment. He gave her 1 lump sum of money as a Christmas Gift 3 months before she was hired by the U of A (which was a stupid move on his part) and he did not hire her as I have shown.

I have never and would never cheat on my wife, but i am the embarrassment? i will take that as a complement from you.

He gave his mistress a Christmas present and you do not think that is wrong? (not to mention it was 20,000 dollars just a small 20k present among friends right? and just a paltry 3 months before she would be on his staff in more ways than one amirite?).....give me a break

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 10:06:38 am
Ok, he convinced the people in the hiring office to hire his mistress. That make you feel better about it? Same difference.

No, that is not correct. It is not the same difference. He recommended her to the hiring committee, they interviewed and evaluated her then they recommended to Long that she be hired and Long hired her.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

RazorPiggie

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 13, 2017, 10:10:44 am
No, that is not correct. It is not the same difference. He recommended her to the hiring committee, they interviewed and evaluated her then they recommended to Long that she be hired and Long hired her.

AND THEY DID NOT KNOW HE WAS BANGING AND PAYING HER.

PorkRinds

If you read the notes, they actually wondered why she was pushed to the top of the list. They were assured by petrino that she was qualified even though they didn't believe she was.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 10:11:49 am
If you read the notes, they actually wondered why she was pushed to the top of the list. They were assured by petrino that she was qualified even though they didn't believe she was.

Truth.
This is my non-signature signature.

311Hog

My god the boss recommends someone is hired. But he didn't "hire" her ..... only GuvHog would make this statement knowing that he was both sleeping with and paying her 20k gifts.

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 13, 2017, 10:10:08 am
I have never and would never cheat on my wife, but i am the embarrassment? i will take that as a complement from you.

He gave his mistress a Christmas present and you do not think that is wrong? (not to mention it was 20,000 dollars just a small 20k present among friends right? and just a paltry 3 months before she would be on his staff in more ways than one amirite?).....give me a break

Your wife has nothing to do with this and you should respect her by not bring her into it.

If you'll recall, I clearly stated that Petrino giving Jessica that money was a stupid move on his part, it was the wrong thing to do.

Contrary to what you think, I believe Petrino did wrong and should have been punished for it but his transgressions did not merit termination.

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 13, 2017, 10:18:32 am
Your wife has nothing to do with this and you should respect her by not bring her into it.

If you'll recall, I clearly stated that Petrino giving Jessica that money was a stupid move on his part, it was the wrong thing to do.

Contrary to what you think, I believe Petrino did wrong and should have been punished for it but his transgressions did not merit termination.

YES THEY DO.

The highest paid employee of a state institution  CANNOT be allowed to engage in such an egregious breach off conflict of interest, and contrary to popular belief he has a boss and is not God.  If he were allowed to sweep this under the rug then we are Ole Miss, then we might as well burn the school down and just call the Hogs a semi pro team because anyone and everyone on this campus would engage in the same behavior.

This would have only gotten worse.  If you are Petrino and you get caught red handed like this and get away with it what is next ? how much further would this have gone before you felt like something should be done about it? and at this point if his boss can't be his boss who will ?

311Hog

he is the AD so that picture is pretty accurate if we are honest with ourselves about our Football program over the past 3 decades.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 13, 2017, 10:21:52 am
YES THEY DO.

The highest paid employee of a state institution  CANNOT be allowed to engage in such an egregious breach off conflict of interest, and contrary to popular belief he has a boss and is not God.  If he were allowed to sweep this under the rug then we are Ole Miss, then we might as well burn the school down and just call the Hogs a semi pro team because anyone and everyone on this campus would engage in the same behavior.

This would have only gotten worse.  If you are Petrino and you get caught red handed like this and get away with it what is next ? how much further would this have gone before you felt like something should be done about it? and at this point if his boss can't be his boss who will ?

His actions were wrong and he should have been punished for them but they did not merit termination.

I said nothing about sweeping anything under the rug. There you go embarrassing yourself again.

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 13, 2017, 10:35:13 am
His actions were wrong and he should have been punished but they did not merit termination.

I said nothing about sweeping anything under the rug. There you go embarrassing yourself again.

Dude.

If Jeff Long instead is the person whom slept with her, gave her a 20 k  christmas present 3 months before he "recommended" her for a position in the Athletic Dept. serving under him and traveling with him and then lied about it to the Chancellor and then was caught after a motor cycle wreck trying to cover up this affair to the public.

Are you seriously trying to tell me he would be allowed to keep his job, and further more that he SHOULD be allowed to keep his job, and that everyone else on campus students, faculty, staff etc. would all still respect him and this institution?

No freaking way.  He didn't park in the wrong place, he didn't get aggravated with an employee, he abused his position of power there is no coming back from that.

ricepig

Quote from: Redhogs on September 13, 2017, 08:24:35 am
And how did his pay rank out of all 140 football programs? I suspect in the top 20 or close..are we a top 20 team?

Wait, recruiting rankings don't mean anything outside of the SEC, I've read that countless times on here, surely pay shouldn't either, right?

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 10:11:49 am

Guv can't read, by evidence of his posts.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 13, 2017, 10:42:19 am

So having an MBA isn't being qualified enough??

hogsanity

Quote from: ricepig on September 13, 2017, 10:42:19 am

he can read, but then he does like most posters here and just acts like the words written do not actually say what they say. These guys on here are really " good " at reading between the lines that are between the lines, that are behind lines that do not really exist.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 13, 2017, 10:45:10 am

when the other guy has MBA or better and actual experience.  Wait for it.....

this is where the personal RECOMMENDATION of the Head coach comes into play.

99 out of 100 people if posed this same scenario would say THE HC RECOMMENDATION GOT HER THE JOB.  And why pray tell would the Head Coach make such a recommendation? hmmmm i dunno let me see why would he do that....

RME

September 13, 2017, 10:52:01 am #320 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:11:10 am by RyanMallettsEgo
Quote from: Surfing8 on September 13, 2017, 10:25:58 am
This thread needs pictures.

Yeah, it's definitely Long that makes Arkansas mediocre.

Arkansas football average wins per season under Frank Broyles: 7.3

Arkansas football average wins per season under Jeff Long: 7.0

As for the "well, we played fewer games per season under Broyles." Not necessarily true. Only 11 seasons of Broyles' tenure were 11 game seasons. The rest were 12 or higher.

hogsanity

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 13, 2017, 10:52:01 am

As for the "well, we played fewer games per season under Broyles." Not necessarily true. Only 10 seasons of Broyles' tenure were 11 game seasons. The rest were 12 or higher.

Arkansas is a 7-8 win program. The historical numbers bear that out. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RME

Quote from: hogsanity on September 13, 2017, 10:55:13 am
Arkansas is a 7-8 win program. The historical numbers bear that out.

I agree. We were spoiled with Bobby's 2 years, which is apparently now the "norm."

I believe Arkansas could bump up to 8-9 average wins in the regular season. But to blame Jeff Long for our problems is laughable.

The buyout was dumb. I agree with those who feel strongly about that. It was absurd. But apart from that, Long is fine by me.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Malvin on September 13, 2017, 09:27:54 am
1997 time frame I think, right before Nutt got here.  The situation before Nutt was bad, really bad.  People don't give Nutt enough credit for coming in and turning everything around.
I agree.  Nutt brought us out of some difficult times, but then fans became restless.  Even Saban felt heat at Bama a couple years ago after a loss or two.

Still (not directed at you) we didn't hit half empty or close to that with Nutt and just about everyone wanted him gone.  We arnt going to see half empty stadium with CBB any time soon.

GuvHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 13, 2017, 10:52:01 am

As for the "well, we played fewer games per season under Broyles." Not necessarily true. Only 10 seasons of Broyles' tenure were 11 game seasons. The rest were 12 or higher.

Link? Source? I thought the switch to a 12 game regular season came after the Hogs joined the SEC.

JaketheSnake

No.  apparently you have to give great helmet to get that position.

311Hog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 13, 2017, 10:57:53 am
I agree. We were spoiled with Bobby's 2 years, which is apparently now the "norm."

I believe Arkansas could bump up to 8-9 average wins in the regular season. But to blame Jeff Long for our problems is laughable.

The buyout was dumb. I agree with those who feel strongly about that. It was absurd. But apart from that, Long is fine by me.

even then during Petrino years we really never won anything of substance, came dang close but you know what they say about that.

I am sure "got to a BCS Bowl game" looks good on the resume.

PorkRinds

For recruit development? How does an MBA prepare one for recruit development?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: 311Hog on September 13, 2017, 10:48:22 am

99 out of 100 people if posed this same scenario would say THE HC RECOMMENDATION GOT HER THE JOB.  And why pray tell would the Head Coach make such a recommendation? hmmmm i dunno let me see why would he do that....
Almost 10k posts and you are still arguing with Guv?  Leave that to the newbies that think he is still worth arguing with.  Clearly, lying and stealing money arnt issues to him.

311Hog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 13, 2017, 11:08:52 am
Almost 10k posts and you are still arguing with Guv?  Leave that to the newbies that think he is still worth arguing with.  Clearly, lying and stealing money arnt issues to him.

haha you know it is true, but i was bored. and sometimes kickin the ole Guv around is fun.

RME

Quote from: GuvHog on September 13, 2017, 11:03:49 am
Link? Source? I thought the switch to a 12 game regular season came after the Hogs joined the SEC.

Google is a hell of a resource. You asking for a link/source is hysterical in its own right.

But, unlike you, I'll provide one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arkansas_Razorbacks_football_seasons

*My fault, there were 11 seasons, not 10.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: 311Hog on September 13, 2017, 11:10:03 am
haha you know it is true, but i was bored. and sometimes kickin the ole Guv around is fun.
Thats true!  It's good for the soul to poke the Guv every now and then.

MountieDawg

This Saturday they are taking the entire team out on the field to take a test with desks scattered every 5 yards to avoid cheating.... But there is a good chance every kid will make an A?  How many fans would show up to watch that?
SEC!

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 13, 2017, 10:48:22 am

That just means the other guy was more qualified, it doesn't mean she wasn't qualified.

NEWSFLASH: In todays world, the more qualified applicant doesn't always get the job they apply for.

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 13, 2017, 11:17:01 am
That just means the other guy was more qualified, it doesn't mean she wasn't qualified.

NEWSFLASH: In todays world, the more qualified applicant doesn't always get the job they apply for.

exactly NEWSFLASH

it isn't who/what you know but who you blow amirite?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: GuvHog on September 13, 2017, 11:17:01 am

Thats how GUVernment jobs work. 

redneckfriend

Quote from: 311Hog on September 13, 2017, 11:19:24 am
exactly NEWSFLASH

it isn't who/what you know but who you blow amirite?

Lol, in that case she was the most qualified. In fact it might be the perfect summary of the disagreement. Was she hired to 1) "develop players" or 2) to keep Bobby happy? If you think her real job was #1 and #2 was just a sort of side line then poor Bobby got the shaft; if you think #2 was her "real job" then Bobby was a low down, miserable, lying, thieving scoundrel who deserved to be fired. I kind of tend to the second option but maybe I just have low opinion of my fellow man.

311Hog

Quote from: redneckfriend on September 13, 2017, 01:12:11 pm
Lol, in that case she was the most qualified. In fact it might be the perfect summary of the disagreement. Was she hired to 1) "develop players" or 2) to keep Bobby happy? If you think her real job was #1 and #2 was just a sort of side line then poor Bobby got the shaft; if you think #2 was her "real job" then Bobby was a low down, miserable, lying, thieving scoundrel who deserved to be fired. I kind of tend to the second option but maybe I just have low opinion of my fellow man.

Hey man she pocketed at least 20 k from the man over what seems to me to be about 6 months, sure she probably doesn't live here anymore but i would assume the work to cash ratio of their arrangement was in her favor.

Redhogs

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 13, 2017, 10:17:35 am
LOL

How interesting all conversations like this somehow revert to how/why we fired a winning coach...

All because the POS we have now is anything but.
Ding, ding, ding....we have a winner.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

HoggyCat

Quote from: 311Hog on September 12, 2017, 02:56:04 pm
Sorry but Long did not lie to himself, Long did not hire his mistress to a state position (and i dont mean 69).  Petrino did that, Long just did his job as best he could at the time.  I do not blame him for Petrino Petrino'ing nor do i blame him in hindsight for keeping JLS at the time seemed like a decent enough idea considering what you just said team had SRs and was coming off a great season, who knew they would mail it in once the "Dictator" coach left, who knew JLS would worry more about his bankruptcy?

In the blame game Long comes in last behind, Petrino, JLS himself, the players etc. in that situation.  Current one is a different story

You need to do a little research for yourself, look at the whole picture, and quit using the tidbits that Long and his media tell you.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: 311Hog on September 13, 2017, 09:45:43 am
holy shiet do you lie to yourself like this in the rest of your life?

HE HIRED HER.  If President Trump walked into a "committee" of underlings and WH staff and said "hey this lady is great i want her to work for me" do you or do you not think she is getting hired that day?

Only difference here is that Petrino is not the actual top dog at the school, and thus he lied about his relationship to his boss and it bit him in the ace because he was not discreet about it.

Petrino hired his mistress and paid her like a high priced call girl.  None of this is different than what Hugh Freeze has done, except Freeze had the good sense not to bring his hookers to work with him.

Wrong again. Ingave a copy of the letter LONG sent to JD offering her the job. I also have copies of the emails between everyone during the hiring process. I can also show that during the early evaluation process, Petrino actually recommended Tiffany Fields, NOT Dorrell. You name the time and place, I'll buy your lunch and show you ALL of it.

Plus a couple other lies about the "handwritten letter" that Bielema wrote to Long.... in APRIL, not the fall of that year like is publicized now.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HawgLife

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 13, 2017, 02:29:22 pm
You need to do a little research for yourself, look at the whole picture, and quit using the tidbits that Long and his media tell you.

Many in here should quit basing their arguments on misquoted Hogville thread titles and sensationalized headlines. Not once did Jeff Long say anything about not trying. Instead he actually said the following in his TD Club appearances the past two weeks:

"Obviously, winning is very important. We all know that. It doesn't have to be said. An AD doesn't have to go out and make a statement that winning is important. We all know that's part of what we do. Every coach on our staff knows that winning is part of their job. It's an important part of their job."

"We just need to win some more games. And Bret knows that."

"We truly are working harder to win more games. Winning is important. There's no question."

"Yes, we want to win. Yes, it's a priority. Yes, it eats us up from the inside that we don't win more."

"Nobody wants to win more games than Bret Bielema, so we all want to win games. That's what we're here for and that's what competition is all about."

"We know we're here to win football games."

"We're working extremely hard to win more games. Winning is important."

"He'll be the first to admit, and so will I, we need to win more games. And we're working really hard to do that."

"....we're going out every game to win it."

How anyone could spin those quotes to mean that we are not trying to win is beyond me.

HawgLife

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 13, 2017, 02:38:01 pm
Plus a couple other lies about the "handwritten letter" that Bielema wrote to Long.... in APRIL, not the fall of that year like is publicized now.

Not that this really amounts to anything, but I'm genuinely curious about these lies about that letter. Seems like a pretty insignificant thing to lie about.

First, you put it in quotes as if to say it either wasn't real, wasn't handwritten, or wasn't a letter. They released a pretty convincing handwritten letter after the FOIA request. Did they just make it up? Also, in the letter Bielema says it was long overdue and refers to the timing as last spring. Why did they lie about when it was sent? And did Bielema know he was going to lie about it later when he wrote it?

I'm not saying you are lying, I'm just curious why they would go through so much trouble for a letter.

HawgLife

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 13, 2017, 02:48:41 pm
Do you take everything your elected officials say at face value as well?

Just wondering what credit has been built up to justify the blind faith given the track record.

Taxes go up.
Politician say "we're gonna cut taxes!"

HawgLife says "they're cutting taxes!"
Taxes continue going up.

"But that's what they said... what part of CUT do you not understand!"
Jeff Long loves you.

Hogville says, "Jeff Long say we aren't trying to win."
Uninformed poster - Fire Jeff Long! I can't believe he said that! You can win if you don't cheat. It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. He said it had to be one or the other.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 13, 2017, 02:29:22 pm

Post these tidbits that your opinion is informed by that he hasn't seen. Show us the whole picture, Olan Mills.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HawgLife on September 13, 2017, 02:41:48 pm
Many in here should quit basing their arguments on misquoted Hogville thread titles and sensationalized headlines. Not once did Jeff Long say anything about not trying. Instead he actually said the following in his TD Club appearances the past two weeks:

"Obviously, winning is very important. We all know that. It doesn't have to be said. An AD doesn't have to go out and make a statement that winning is important. We all know that's part of what we do. Every coach on our staff knows that winning is part of their job. It's an important part of their job."

"We just need to win some more games. And Bret knows that."

"We truly are working harder to win more games. Winning is important. There's no question."

"Yes, we want to win. Yes, it's a priority. Yes, it eats us up from the inside that we don't win more."

"Nobody wants to win more games than Bret Bielema, so we all want to win games. That's what we're here for and that's what competition is all about."

"We know we're here to win football games."

"We're working extremely hard to win more games. Winning is important."

"He'll be the first to admit, and so will I, we need to win more games. And we're working really hard to do that."

"....we're going out every game to win it."

How anyone could spin those quotes to mean that we are not trying to win is beyond me.

acta non verba Is what Jeff needs to do. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 13, 2017, 02:38:01 pm
Wrong again. Ingave a copy of the letter LONG sent to JD offering her the job. I also have copies of the emails between everyone during the hiring process. I can also show that during the early evaluation process, Petrino actually recommended Tiffany Fields, NOT Dorrell. You name the time and place, I'll buy your lunch and show you ALL of it.

Post it or you don't have crap.  Anyone can say they have stuff...  but no one wants to "meet" the possible hogville rapist and chance getting probed. 

I have the original copy of the Declaration of Independence.  Nick Cage is coming over to show me how to read the hidden map.  Anyone want in?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 13, 2017, 04:37:21 pm
You're not fooling anyone... you know you like getting probed.
NO... FIRE EVERYONE!  Distractions over here!  Long is being manipulated by the Pope!

cosmodrum

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 13, 2017, 03:34:31 pm

acta non verba Is what Jeff needs to do. 

Is Delta...dropping Latin bombs on us???
Go away, batin'

Gonzo

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 13, 2017, 11:15:07 am
This Saturday they are taking the entire team out on the field to take a test with desks scattered every 5 yards to avoid cheating.... But there is a good chance every kid will make an A?  How many fans would show up to watch that?

Well, it IS a bye week, just sayin'

Go Hogs!