Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In 5 years under BB, what has improved on the field?

Started by 1h0gl0w, September 11, 2017, 09:04:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1h0gl0w

1h0gl0w

SPAL

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

grayhawg

Quote from: 1h0gl0w on September 11, 2017, 09:13:17 pm
What has seriously improved?
More kids doing better in class, in Long's eyes more important than winning.

Calling All Hogs

Opportunities for walk ons and freshman to start on the O-line.

SPAL

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

widespreadsooie

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Hog N Bama

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 11, 2017, 09:28:34 pm
Overall depth seems to be better, but top end talent isn't there.

Absolutely. Depth is important. But think about what elite talent does for you. What top 5 team has only players you've never heard of?

There are transcendent players in our history that we couldn't have done without. We need the next Billy Ray Smith, Kenoy Kennedy, Ken Hamlin, Anthony Lucas, Ryan Mallett, Joe Adams, Felix Jones, Darren McFadden.

rude1

Job opportunities for assistant coaches as the revolving door keeps spinning.

sickboy

I mean. We had as unstable a program as you could have in 2012. The John L. year was the darkest year of Arkansas football that I can remember. I don't think Bielema is getting it done, but our program is markedly better than when he took over. If you think otherwise, you're blind or forgetful. Maybe both.

Let's see where we end up this year, but the good news is that we're a more stable program now than we were then. If and when we do hire a new coach, it should be easier to find someone who wants to take over the program and take on the challenge of making Arkansas more than just a 7-8 win a year program.

BigE_23

codeHog

anybody know where we could get a blonde on a motorcycle for our coach

BigE_23

Quote from: codeHog on September 11, 2017, 10:39:14 pm

He already has the blonde...and that bike would have to be the definition of a fatboy.

sickboy

Quote from: codeHog on September 11, 2017, 10:39:14 pm

Ask Hugh Freeze. I'm sure he's got someone on speed dial for that.

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

HardCore

The Dopey, blank stares from the sideline have gotten better
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Rzbakfromwaybak

He's proved to me that his style of offense is not going to work against good SEC teams.  We couldn't even run against TCU.  We run well against weak opponents, but usually don't do well against better defenses.  They stack the line & stuff us. No passing game either.  Offense needs to be changed....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on September 11, 2017, 11:23:55 pm
He's proved to me that his style of offense is not going to work against good SEC teams.  We couldn't even run against TCU.  We run well against weak opponents, but usually don't do well against better defenses.  They stack the line & stuff us. No passing game either.  Offense needs to be changed....

We have an extreme amount of inexperience at WR. You don't replace the receivers we had from last season over night. With that being said, we have to improve on O from TCU to cool off Coach's seat.

jvanhorn

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: sickboy on September 11, 2017, 10:33:38 pm
I mean. We had as unstable a program as you could have in 2012. The John L. year was the darkest year of Arkansas football that I can remember. I don't think Bielema is getting it done, but our program is markedly better than when he took over. If you think otherwise, you're blind or forgetful. Maybe both.

Let's see where we end up this year, but the good news is that we're a more stable program now than we were then. If and when we do hire a new coach, it should be easier to find someone who wants to take over the program and take on the challenge of making Arkansas more than just a 7-8 win a year program.

Really not supposed to use reason around here.....

DeltaBoy

Depth stinks and over all they regressed.  Recruiting not panning out. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 11, 2017, 09:28:34 pm
QB: Yes, but has so far regressed this year
RB: Step back, but unforeseen loss and still young, could make argument
FB: Small was better than what we currently have, but I like Jackson and Johnson
TE: Overall depth has improved, but come on, Henry is hard to replace...
WR: Big fat noooo
OL: hahahahahaha

DT: DL has regressed majorly
LB: Better talent and 3-4 plays to their strengths. Spaight was killer though, so gonna say no.
CB: Step up in my opinion! Moving in right direction
S: Rohan Gaines was great! Santos seems to be getting there and have gotten better since last 2 years

K:  :puke:

KR: C'mon man, we had something good with Korliss...
PR: Jred can take it to the house and has twice, both called back by penalties. So that one is even since he's still returning

Overall depth seems to be better, but top end talent isn't there.
This was basically the results of my preseason analysis which is why I predicted 6-6 with loss to TCU and 3-5 again in SEC.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: sickboy on September 11, 2017, 10:33:38 pm

We had 1 down year with Smith. That one year should not obliterate a program. And we were preseason #8 in the country that year. Finished 11-2 the year before in Petrino's last year and year before that, we were in the Sugar Bowl vs Ohio St. Bielema comes in and promptly goes 0-8 in SEC. Then 2-6 in SEC the next year, his 2nd. Not exactly turning it around like Nutt turned it around after 4 years of Danny Ford or like Petrino turned it around in less than 3 years after a decade of Nutt silliness. Now the Hogs are regressing under Bielema. Getting worse over past 2 years. If this year is another 3-5 in SEC or worse, anyone who says we are stable is right...same way a doctor is right when he says someone who is about to die is stable for now and resting peacefully.

hogblitz

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 11, 2017, 11:40:11 pm
We have an extreme amount of inexperience at WR. You don't replace the receivers we had from last season over night. With that being said, we have to improve on O from TCU to cool off Coach's seat.
In Year 5, you should be able to replace them!

BassinHawg

Well, there is proof now that he actually did "Go hop on the wife".
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hawgon

Our program is as stable as the Titanic on the bottom of the Atlantic.  That thing is so stable that it hasn't moved in 105 years.

hawg IQ

go hogs go !

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 12, 2017, 02:13:56 pm
Depth stinks and over all they regressed.  Recruiting not panning out. 
This is so true.  And all we have heard is that he is building depth.  CBB has swung and missed in recruiting more than Jose Canseco.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 11, 2017, 11:40:11 pm

That's CBB's job to even the classes at position. He should have seen that a couple of years in advance and recruited accordingly.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on September 12, 2017, 05:24:22 pm
That's CBB's job to even the classes at position. He should have seen that a couple of years in advance and recruited accordingly.

I don't disagree but when you have to replace the amount of production and experience we had there a year ago, it won't happen in game two of the following season. I would expect a good coach to have it come to fruition at a higher pace than what we saw this past Saturday though.

codeHog

I think next year the depth on defense will be good (not as good if we lose the Huco on the DL)

Like when Ford left because he just could not win, Nutt had a fine team when he got here.
If the QB play is good next year......it could be a pretty good team but Bielema has his players sleep walking thru games and it is hard to judge how good we might be with a different staff

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: codeHog on September 13, 2017, 10:04:44 pm
I think next year the depth on defense will be good (not as good if we lose the Huco on the DL)

Like when Ford left because he just could not win, Nutt had a fine team when he got here.
If the QB play is good next year......it could be a pretty good team but Bielema has his players sleep walking thru games and it is hard to judge how good we might be with a different staff

Will be all for naught if the OL doesn't shore up...after our best O-lineman is gone too.  Especially pass blocking, because I'm not expecting a 6-7,270 QB to be so nimble footed that he'll be able to consistently escape pressure.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

codeHog

he sure can not go under center then run back 7 steps then turn around and try and find a person to throw to. It seems we are not putting our kids in the best spot to excel