Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Obviously, if the rumors are TRUE we've been lied to by the powers at the U of A

Started by Rustyhog, December 04, 2017, 04:51:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Rustyhog on December 04, 2017, 04:57:21 pm
Yes, he was. AND HE BUILT the program. But HE COVETED the program. Always WANTED to be at Arkansas. Didn't leave even when Jerry Jones wanted him to work for the Cowboys.

I've heard several times Barbara had as much to do with Frank never leaving as Frank did.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 04, 2017, 05:30:47 pm
They are showing us why John BOY White stepped in years ago!

When Jim Lindsey was in charge the GOB ran fine!

I have some friends that know Jim very well. Some like him some don't. Of course he was beholden to Frank. He wouldn't have gotten where he is without Franks help perhaps. Different times and circumstances call for different ways of doing things though. Way to many variables to consider.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rljjr on December 04, 2017, 06:31:28 pm
Jeff rubbed a LOT of donors the wrong way by sticking his hand out when he saw them without the courtesy of even saying hello and how are you. You can't treat people like that. We're not ATMs, and that was the impression he left with many.

I know of two boosters that felt exactly that way. At least in the beginning.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 04, 2017, 07:00:39 pm
Snouty you are just to smart for us old Arkansas rednecks. Bunch of fake ass so called Hogfans on this site.
Sickening

Here's a revelation for you. Not all Hog fans are rednecks........................

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Cure on December 04, 2017, 07:36:24 pm
How did Long not respect "traditions"?

IF Long was concerned only about money and not traditions then there would not be the "look -in" in the new north endzone project.

Inhogswetrust

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ramtough on December 04, 2017, 10:37:46 pm
You would think of the hundreds of thousands that have graduated from the hill they could have found one that was qualified to run the athletic department for the men. I can't tell you how sad that looks as a Arkansan and a fan. Go to Texas to get an AD. What a slap in the face and shows how out of touch they are with the fan base.

Funny thing is he is NOT from Texas. He worked there. Here's another funny thing..........a LOT of Arkansan's moved to or have worked in Texas. You must not realize just how many over the years. Also there is a BIG Hog following fanbase there. I know season ticket holders there that drive up for every game.

SRV

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 04, 2017, 06:06:23 pm
I find it comical that people get on this board consistently and talk about people who aren't from Arkansas, or who didn't at least go to the UA....don't "get what it means to be a Razorback."  I have news for you...this acting like we're the best fans in the Universe is laughable.  Our fans turn out when we're winning. 

I am born and raised in Arkansas, and I've been here nearing 50 years.  I think the issue is some of our fans don't "get it," that we're no better fans than a LOT of other CFB programs out there who have 70+ show up to every home game.  We don't have a corner on the market of "school pride" as some here seem to believe.   

So when someone at Houston with a good track record comes to be our AD, I feel a LOT more comfortable about it than us hiring someone local who hasn't ever held that role.  Why?  Because college athletics is a multi-million dollar business, and you have to have a firm grasp of a huge range of issues, not just how to run a business, or how to research and hire a winning coach. 

Let's revisit.  THe GOBN brought us Ken Hatfield..great former Hog, even better PERSON.  To this day, the winningest coach in UA history.  10 wins weren't enough, and his style was "boring," so we sent him packing.  So the combination of our great fan base and the efficiency of the GOBN would not classify as 5 star quality.

This idea that you have to be from the UA or Arkansas to "understand."  Silly.  How many businesses out there do well for years and years, and then their children take over, and it goes under almost immediately.  Why is that?  Shouldn't they have loyalty, pride, and a great understanding of the business and be willing to do whatever it takes to keep it going?  Sometimes, but more often than not, they don't perform as well, and it has nothing to do with not "getting it."  They just donj't take the same pride and passion in their work as their parent(s).  Take the same business, and bring someone outside the family to take over, and it's just as likely to succeed or fail.  Truth.       
Well said.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

Redhogs

Quote from: Rustyhog on December 04, 2017, 04:51:18 pm
I'm probably going to catch a lot of crap on this post, BUT I AM FREAKING TIRED OF THIS CRAP!

We were told that the NEXT AD would BE A RAZORBACK. This crap about the Houston AD being hired is idiotic at best!

We need a RAZORBACK! PERIOD! The problem with Long was he never got it. He was trying to turn us into an NFL team & had NO respect for our traditions.

So, we get told the next AD will be one of us. Someone who will "GET IT". Well, I've looked at the guy from Houston.... I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING THAT MAKES ME THINK FOR A SECOND HE HAS ANY IDEA OF WHAT A RAZORBACK EVEN IS!

If this is the hire, then Steinmetz & Bobbitt BOTH NEED TO GO!

I am soooooooooooo pissed right now. I'm not making a good argument, but this really pisses me off. Hell, HIRE Varady, Gragg, Rochelle or Scanlon! AT LEAST they would get it!

It is WAYYYYYY more important that the AD is a Razorback than the Coach. All we need in a coach is a WINNER! The coach doesn't make decisions like:

"oh, let's spend $200 mil on a stadium. Oh, you don't matter, I want the KRAFT foods money. Oh, we don't need to call the HOGS, we need to run an advertisement instaed. Oh, we can pipe in music, we don't need the Band, OH, WHAT IS THAT HOKEY HOG CALL ABOUT, HEY, LET'S SELL THE RUNNING THROUGH THE A TO WHOEVER PAYS THE MOST!"
The man hired is a MUCH better AD....than the one from Tulsa, but don't let that get in the way of your rant :-\ :-\ :-\
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 05, 2017, 06:32:32 am
Funny thing is he is NOT from Texas. He worked there. Here's another funny thing..........a LOT of Arkansan's moved to or have worked in Texas. You must not realize just how many over the years. Also there is a BIG Hog following fanbase there. I know season ticket holders there that drive up for every game.
too much common sense for some...btw, he's from Richmond Va. so they can at least stop with the yankee stuff....

Snouty

Quote from: Ramtough on December 04, 2017, 10:37:46 pm
You would think of the hundreds of thousands that have graduated from the hill they could have found one that was qualified to run the athletic department for the men. I can’t tell you how sad that looks as a Arkansan and a fan. Go to Texas to get an AD. What a slap in the face and shows how out of touch they are with the fan base.

Well, then, let's just stop recruiting football players from Texas, or Louisiana, or Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi, Florida, etc., and then see how good a program we have. 

Redhogs

Quote from: phadedhawg on December 04, 2017, 04:59:07 pm
Jeff Long was fired because he didn't kiss up to the right people.  Nothing more and nothing less. 

All the talk about tradition was just a smoke screen.  Jeff ran the program like a business but Arkansas is more comfortable in our Bubba Cult.
This, and...Jeff Long was fired because he was a self serving jerk who could not hire a decent football coach...had nothing to do with where he was from..it's that simple.

Redhogs

Quote from: Snouty on December 05, 2017, 06:50:05 am
Well, then, let's just stop recruiting football players from Texas, or Louisiana, or Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi, Florida, etc., and then see how good a program we have.
Wish I would had thought of that. ;) ;)

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Redhogs on December 05, 2017, 07:03:58 am
This, and...Jeff Long was fired because he was a self serving jerk who could not hire a decent football coach...had nothing to do with where he was from..it's that simple.

Way more to it than that, but carry on.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

steveaustin69

I'm probably going to catch a lot of crap on this post, BUT I AM FREAKING TIRED OF THIS CRAP!

We were told that the NEXT AD would BE A RAZORBACK. This crap about the Houston AD being hired is idiotic at best!

We need a RAZORBACK! PERIOD! The problem with Long was he never got it. He was trying to turn us into an NFL team & had NO respect for our traditions.

So, we get told the next AD will be one of us. Someone who will "GET IT". Well, I've looked at the guy from Houston.... I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING THAT MAKES ME THINK FOR A SECOND HE HAS ANY IDEA OF WHAT A RAZORBACK EVEN IS!

I am soooooooooooo pissed right now. I'm not making a good argument, but this really pisses me off. Hell, HIRE Varady, Gragg, Rochelle or Scanlon! AT LEAST they would get it!

It is WAYYYYYY more important that the AD is a Razorback than the Coach. All we need in a coach is a WINNER! The coach doesn't make decisions like:

"oh, let's spend $200 mil on a stadium. Oh, you don't matter, I want the KRAFT foods money. Oh, we don't need to call the HOGS, we need to run an advertisement instaed. Oh, we can pipe in music, we don't need the Band, OH, WHAT IS THAT HOKEY HOG CALL ABOUT, HEY, LET'S SELL THE RUNNING THROUGH THE A TO WHOEVER PAYS THE MOST!"

At least you're self aware that your argument is baseless

steveaustin69

Quote from: Rustyhog on December 04, 2017, 04:57:21 pm
Yes, he was. AND HE BUILT the program. But HE COVETED the program. Always WANTED to be at Arkansas. Didn't leave even when Jerry Jones wanted him to work for the Cowboys.

This isn't 1973, bud. Coaches and administrators will rarely stay at one gig for 10 plus years.

steveaustin69

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 04, 2017, 06:52:59 pm
You just hate anybody from Arkansas don't you. Anybody with ties to what being a Razorback means you hate. Humm because you wrote you name on a sidewalk you think you are a Razorback.

You aren't.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha o my good lord you are so mad. hahahahahahahahahaha. What does it MEAN to be a razorback?  Please enlighten me

RME

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 04, 2017, 06:52:59 pm
You just hate anybody from Arkansas don't you. Anybody with ties to what being a Razorback means you hate. Humm because you wrote you name on a sidewalk you think you are a Razorback.

You aren't.

We've been over this.

In another thread, I asked you to define "Razorback" and to tell me what it means to "be a Razorback." You never did.

I don't "hate people from Arkansas." I don't "hate" people I've been around my entire life. I hate ignorant people from Arkansas. And surprise --- that's not limited to just Arkansas. I hate ignorant people from everywhere.

I graduated from the University of Arkansas. By definition, I am a Razorback.

I know you didn't graduate from the University of Arkansas, but I'm not sitting here SCREECHING that you "aren't a Razorback."

My grandfather and father have been going to games their entire lives. Neither attended the U of A. My grandfather has held season tickets since the attack of Ft. Sumter. They are Razorback fans.

You have some terrible need and desire to somehow prove something to a bunch of people on a message board. Get over yourself and off your high horse. Your inferiority complex is showing, and it's showing strongly.

Again, please define for the class what a "Razorback" is and "what it means to be a Razorback."
And any answer such as, "well uh if I gotta uh define it fo' yuh, then you ain't know what it means." No. You throw around that phrase ALL the time. So define it. Get it out there.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 04, 2017, 10:43:33 pm
I am afraid we are going to end up with players on the team that graduate from non Arkansas high schools.  With hundreds if not more Arkansas high school footballers it seems we could find 25  every year to represent the state up on The Hill.

Lol ya i love losing. Let's go with this plan

hogsanity

Quote from: Snouty on December 05, 2017, 06:50:05 am

there are some people on this board that wish we would do just that. They think the Hogs would win nc's if they would just recruit Arkansas kids.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: Fairview76 on December 04, 2017, 05:01:57 pm
Close to half of the students are from Texas so we might as well annex the university into Texas and rename it The University of Texas in Fayetteville.  Keep pumping those Arkansas taxpayers!

You do understand that the Arkansas Lottery is the reason why we have so many out-of-state students now, right?  If you have the GPA and you live in a state that touches Arkansas, you can get in-state tuition.  Helped my alma mater grow from 15K students when I was there to almost 30K now.  The taxpayers have nothing to do with it.  It's the lottery ticket buyers who we should be THANKING.

jusgtohogs

We were told that the NEXT AD would BE A RAZORBACK.

Who you been listening to?  I never heard any announcement from the U of A that said "...we're firing JL so we can hire a Razorback..."  Never Happened.  I've been a Razorback Fan (more than likely) longer than you've been on the planet and I want the U of A to hire the best qualified candidate for the job-period.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 05, 2017, 08:25:19 am
there are some people on this board that wish we would do just that. They think the Hogs would win nc's if they would just recruit Arkansas kids.

Please be kidding.

buldozer

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 05, 2017, 08:23:55 am

I graduated from the University of Arkansas. By definition, I am a Razorback.

Maybe your definition, but not the average Razorback's answer. I went to school with a lot of people that received degrees and had no vested interest in the university, never attended a game, were not from AR and some not from the USA. Being a razorback is not about attending or graduating from the UofA. It's about being a hog fan from birth and always supporting the hogs even in poor performing years and never wavering from supporting the hogs no matter what. Since you don't know these things and keep asking about them, you must not be a razorback.

RME

Quote from: buldozer on December 05, 2017, 08:41:58 am
Maybe your definition, but not the average Razorback's answer. I went to school with a lot of people that received degrees and had no vested interest in the university, never attended a game, were not from AR and some not from the USA. Being a razorback is not about attending or graduating from the UofA. It's about being a hog fan from birth and always supporting the hogs even in poor performing years and never wavering from supporting the hogs no matter what. Since you don't know these things and keep asking about them, you must not be a razorback.

Didn't read the rest of my post, did ya?

Because you hit on two things that I covered.

Come back and try again.

J-Five

Quote from: phadedhawg on December 04, 2017, 04:59:07 pm
Jeff Long was fired because he didn't kiss up to the right people.  Nothing more and nothing less. 

All the talk about tradition was just a smoke screen.  Jeff ran the program like a business but Arkansas is more comfortable in our Bubba Cult.

Totally agree!!! 
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

hogsanity

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 05, 2017, 08:41:11 am
Please be kidding.

I wish I was. People post here all the time, and call the radio shows, saying we need to focus more in state, sign more Arkansas kids, kids who live and die with the Hogs because they will want it more. They think the answer lies in finding a dozen diamonds in the rough at tiny 2a schools where 13 kids come out for football.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Athog

This is ridiculous! No words for this density!!

isavedjazz

Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

Grizzlyfan

had NO respect for our traditions.

It's been asked before on here.  What Razorback traditions did Long disrespect?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 05, 2017, 09:21:10 am
It's been asked before on here.  What Razorback traditions did Long disrespect?

He was an egotistical self-serving jerk that needed to go, but I am not aware of any Razorback traditions he disrespected.

HognotinMemphis

If the chancellor is not a Razorback, why would the AD be one? Why would anyone in admin or coaching at UAF be a former Razorback?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

farfromgroovins

BREAKING (FAKE) NEWS!!!!!

Alabama AD turned down for Arkansas AD because of lack of ties to state!

steveaustin69

Quote from: buldozer on December 05, 2017, 08:41:58 am

So you have to be born a Razorback fan? Interesting take. Holier than thou Hog fans are the worst

Phil D

Quote from: Redhogs on December 05, 2017, 07:03:58 am
Fired, yes and for good reason. but not the ones you state.
GO HOGS!!!!!!