Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is going to Dallas???!!!

Started by checkraiser88, September 10, 2017, 05:16:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Big time match up! The loser of this game probably leads in the hot seat race! Are we expecting an 11 AM kickoff for this?

rhames

I'll be there. Probably 7pm on the sec network.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Pigdiana Jones

Not I. I'll probably be at home resting from my gallbladder removal surgery that is coming up in the next week or two depending on insurance and scheduling.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

KCHOGFAN

I'll be there.  Hopefully not an 11 am game. 

rhames

Quote from: KCHOGFAN on September 10, 2017, 05:22:17 pm
I'll be there.  Hopefully not an 11 am game. 

It won't be. Too few conference games that day. Will be on espn2 or sec network. Find out tomorrow most likely.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

hogcard1964

rhames

Dirty

alohawg

Not even in the mood to watch it right now. In 2 wks, maybe.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Redhogs

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 10, 2017, 05:28:12 pm
Any chance its ESPNs game day?
You can't be serious.....Ah no..they go to games with winning records and winning coaches....its called ratings.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hehawg

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on September 10, 2017, 05:19:29 pm
Not I. I'll probably be at home resting from my gallbladder removal surgery that is coming up in the next week or two depending on insurance and scheduling.

^ this may be better than watching the game?
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

rhames

hobhog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 10, 2017, 05:54:15 pm
Unless you have a kid playing, you are crazy for going.

Like you would have anyway....

navyhog24

I live in Dallas and won't ever waste my money watching Bielema coached team in person

gchamblee

Quote from: navyhog24 on September 10, 2017, 06:15:08 pm
I live in Dallas and won't ever waste my money watching Bielema coached team in person

fair weather fans are bold in times like this

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: navyhog24 on September 10, 2017, 06:15:08 pm
Right now Razorback football isn't worth the entertainment dollars. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

navyhog24

Quote from: gchamblee on September 10, 2017, 06:17:24 pm

No I'm economical. What's the point in wasting my hard earned money going to watch the shytshow we just put on?

swineology

$250 for tickets
$350 2 nights hotel
$150 food
$150 gas

I'll watch the battle of the lame ducks at home

hogcard1964

Quote from: Redhogs on September 10, 2017, 05:49:14 pm
You can't be serious.....Ah no..they go to games with winning records and winning coaches....its called ratings.

I was being facetious.

kodiakisland

If I lived in the area, I'd be there.  The stadium is just a great environment to be in.  I don't though, and I'm not paying the cost of travel, hotel, food, etc. to be entertained by the current product.  I wonder if it will be a light turnout on both sides.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Sed76

Been going since 2010 but this will most likely be the last time. Expensive tickets, hotel and parking only to see us take a loss is getting old. Can save that money and cuss them from my couch.

195bc

Not going this year. I guess I'm a fair weather fan, and I think everyone should be. I gave that university a lot of tuition dollars. Actually, still paying for some it, for both my wife and I. And my roots in Arkansas go far deeper than attending U of A. But when it comes to the university's athletic teams, I support/watch in person or on TV to be entertained. Losing in horrible fashion because of a terrible coaching staff, which is supported by a laughable administration, is not entertaining. So I'll spend my time and money doing something more enjoyable or productive. I believe all fans should be fair weather fans. Why waste the time and put yourself through the pain of supporting a bad team and big contracts for fat coaches that you don't like? The kids will still play. They'll still get their scholarships. Some will go to the NFL. Any of the others that want to graduate will graduate and start careers. But there is no reason for us to waste the little time we, and our families, have on a meaningless college football game or team if it just makes us mad. If my Razorbacks start winning again and it's fun to watch, I'll go to the games and watch on TV.

Pathological

I'm going. Call me crazy, call me a fool, say what you want.  But those Hogs are my Hogs.  In victory or defeat, those are my Hogs.  If we need a new coach, those are still my Hogs.  If we need a new AD, those are still my Hogs.  Whatever the powers that be may or may not do, those are my Hogs.  If I wanted to be a classless fan, I'd move to Austin, Texas.  Not saying that Hog fans don't have a right to be mad, disappointed, upset.  We do.  But I'm going to Dallas to call the Hogs. 

greenEGnHAWGS

I wish I could. Instead I'll be going to the South Carolina game.

But I'll say this, hate the coaches. Hate the administration. Hate whoever makes you feel better. But I love these kids as they chose to be Hogs instead of Crimson Tiders, Tigers, Sooners, Badgers, Ducks, or whoever. I'll show my support for them the best I can and make my "one butt in a seat" effort to make these kids not regret their decision.

I've been a hard CBB supporter. I'm not jumping off the edge but that TCU game has got me walking in that direction. I WANT Coach Beliema to succeed here so bad. He's a great guy, but I understand as do JL and CBB that you HAVE to win. They both are NOT oblivious to this fact. If we get another year of CBB, then so be it. But I'll make sure to support our own until they move on to the NFL or other places.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

rhames

Quote from: Pathological on September 10, 2017, 06:56:54 pm
I'm going. Call me crazy, call me a fool, say what you want.  But those Hogs are my Hogs.  In victory or defeat, those are my Hogs.  If we need a new coach, those are still my Hogs.  If we need a new AD, those are still my Hogs.  Whatever the powers that be may or may not do, those are my Hogs.  If I wanted to be a classless fan, I'd move to Austin, Texas.  Not saying that Hog fans don't have a right to be mad, disappointed, upset.  We do.  But I'm going to Dallas to call the Hogs. 

I'm with prison Mike on this one

The dementors!!

jgphillips3

Going to home games to support the kids is great.  Paying tons of money to go out of State and wasting a weekend without some other purpose (like visiting family or a vacation spot) is just absurd.  When we hire a coach that stands a chance at actually justifying that expense, I'll start again.  Right now and for the foreseeable future, until our commitment is excellence on the field, not just no but Hell no.

rhames

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 10, 2017, 07:17:20 pm
Home games...sure...as many as I can to support the kids.  Paying tons of money to go out of State and wasting a weekend without some other purpose (like visiting family or a vacation spot) is just absurd.  When we hire a coach that stands a chance at actually justifying that expense, I'll start again.  Right now and for the foreseeable future, until our commitment is excellence on the field, not just no but Hell no.

There are tons of things to do in the fort worth area. I understand your point though.

FANONTHEHILL

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

AirWarren

Quote from: swineology on September 10, 2017, 06:24:39 pm
$250 for tickets
$350 2 nights hotel
$150 food
$150 gas

I'll watch the battle of the lame ducks at home

Swings for the fence.....

Homerun!!!!!

BigSexyHog

I live in Dallas and I am not going.  Don't have $500 to spend on tickets, parking, etc
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: rhames on September 10, 2017, 07:18:19 pm

There are tons of things to do in the fort worth area. I understand your point though.

The Ft Worth Stockyards Livestock Auction is at 2:00 that afternoon.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HotlantaHog

I am planning to be there. Dallas is fun. Hopefully the Hogs will win...

twistitup

I'm going - family style. Love the Hogs - but don't have a good feeling about this. I won't let mediocre play keep me from making memories.

Go Hogs
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 10, 2017, 07:57:02 pm
The Ft Worth Stockyards Livestock Auction is at 2:00 that afternoon.
We go there to get steaks when in Dallas. Most excellent!

VirginiaHog

My son and I will be going. I am a hog fan win or lose. And I still feel we will win.

yraciv

I've been going for years and will be there. Dallas is fun, Jerry world is a blast, and I can't think of anything I'd rather do on a Saturday than watch my hogs in person.

axharbor

No chance I'm going. All the rainbow swallowing fans will call us that are fed up "fair weather" but they're the ones still enabling mediocrity. Sometimes a true fan has to fight against what they love the most in order to make it better. Being a "true fan" isn't being blind. Doing the same thing over and over will get you the same results. If you don't care about quality and just want to see the Hog on the helmet run out and play in the grass then I guess you will get your wish. I for one love the Hogs enough to make a stand and try to do what I can to make a change.

hobhog

Quote from: axharbor on September 10, 2017, 09:55:23 pm
No chance I'm going. All the rainbow swallowing fans will call us that are fed up "fair weather" but they're the ones still enabling mediocrity. Sometimes a true fan has to fight against what they love the most in order to make it better. Being a "true fan" isn't being blind. Doing the same thing over and over will get you the same results. If you don't care about quality and just want to see the Hog on the helmet run out and play in the grass then I guess you will get your wish. I for one love the Hogs enough to make a stand and try to do what I can to make a change.

Like you were going anyway.....

Your "stand" is completely worthless and does nothing but deprive you.

hobhog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 10, 2017, 07:26:24 pm
I live in Dallas and I am not going.  Don't have $500 to spend on tickets, parking, etc

Wow. You have really expensive tastes. Or are getting ripped off.

rhames

Quote from: rhames on September 10, 2017, 05:23:22 pm

It won't be. Too few conference games that day. Will be on espn2 or sec network. Find out tomorrow most likely.

Well I was wrong.

Youngsta71701

If I do it'll be for the parties and not for the game.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

KCHOGFAN

Quote from: Sed76 on September 10, 2017, 06:41:47 pm
Been going since 2010 but this will most likely be the last time. Expensive tickets, hotel and parking only to see us take a loss is getting old. Can save that money and cuss them from my couch.
I say this every year but keep going back. 

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

rude1

Already have my money invested, going to have to show up though not expecting much. Will try to enjoy the city since game expectations are pretty much non existent.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

twistitup

Great comment...but you didn't answer the question.

Are you going to Dallas?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PorkRinds

Quote from: axharbor on September 10, 2017, 09:55:23 pm

I'm so inspired by your bravery.

rhames

HotlantaHog

The fact that Arkansas lost in an embarrassing way is close to irrelevant in terms of the likely outcome of the game versus Texas A&M.

I'm sure someone could put together data, but Arkansas has tended to do well following the first bad loss of the season ....if you avoided Hog games after bad losses, you would miss a lot of thrilling wins...

Großer Kriegschwein

I ain't driving an 8 hour round-trip to Dallas just to see us give aTm their best win of the year.
This is my non-signature signature.