Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can you justify this?

Started by Hoggie17, September 14, 2017, 08:25:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominicanhog

Quote from: texas tush hog on September 14, 2017, 02:17:08 pm
Major Applewhite is making $1.35 million as the first year coach at Houston. After he wins 10 this year that will go up. Jeffie needs to be at his feeding trough before somebody else does.

We keep seeing Houston coaches win in Houston but have yet to see one parlay it anywhere else.. though Herman's story is just starting...

hog of steele

Quote from: texas tush hog on September 14, 2017, 02:17:08 pm
Major Applewhite is making $1.35 million as the first year coach at Houston. After he wins 10 this year that will go up. Jeffie needs to be at his feeding trough before somebody else does.

At the top end we could pay maybe 5.5 mill a year.

Take out the 4.5 mill CBB will get weather or not he coaches and that doesn't leave enough to get major applewhite. Might need to look elsewhere.

Hoggie17

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 12:43:28 pm
Tied for the 10th with Sumlin, you might try Google before you list your "facts".

http://thespun.com/college-football/the-10-highest-buyouts-in-college-football
If CBB takes his buy out it will be second highest buy out in college football history.  Only Charlie Weiss has ever received a higher buy out. Just because you have a buy in your contract it doesn't mean you have received the money.  My source:https://www.arkansasfight.com/2017/9/10/16284040/bret-bielema-buyout-dilemma-for-jeff-long

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 14, 2017, 02:29:04 pm
If CBB takes his buy out it will be second highest buy out in college football history.  Only Charlie Weiss has ever received a higher buy out. Just because you have a buy in your contract it doesn't mean you have received the money.  My source:https://www.arkansasfight.com/2017/9/10/16284040/bret-bielema-buyout-dilemma-for-jeff-long

You didn't say when paid, your said....

"And the second highest buyout clause in college football history, you can see Sabin getting buy out like that but with a losing record???"

Hoggie17

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 02:46:07 pm

"And the second highest buyout clause in college football history, you can see Sabin getting buy out like that but with a losing record???"
No, rice pig this what was posted: "This is the second biggest potential buyout in college football history".  You look foolish rice pig, you are trying so hard to make CBB look like a winner that you didn't read what was posted.  The original post was about a potential buy out it had nothing to do with which coach has the largest buy out in their contract.  You should have learned how to comprehend what you read in grade school. I don't have the desire or time to teach you.

factchecker

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 14, 2017, 03:11:18 pm
No, rice pig this what was posted: "This is the second biggest potential buyout in college football history". 

Ummm.....

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 14, 2017, 09:29:00 am
And the second highest buyout clause in college football history, you can see Sabin getting buy out like that but with a losing record???

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 02:46:07 pm

I don't see the word potential anywhere.

Also, who is Sabin?

Do you mean Saban?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hoggie17

Quote from: factchecker on September 14, 2017, 03:18:38 pm
Ummm.....

I don't see the word potential anywhere.

Also, who is Sabin?

Do you mean Saban?
Read the very first post.

factchecker

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 14, 2017, 03:20:24 pm
Read the very first post.

Yeah, I did and I can't get past this idiocy.

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 14, 2017, 08:25:36 am
Bret Bielema's record against FBS schools Is 20 – 27 and his record against power 5 conference schools is 14-26. For this losing record Long is paying CBB 4.4 billion a year.

In what world are we paying any coach 4.4 billion a year?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 14, 2017, 03:11:18 pm
No, rice pig this what was posted: "This is the second biggest potential buyout in college football history".  You look foolish rice pig, you are trying so hard to make CBB look like a winner that you didn't read what was posted.  The original post was about a potential buy out it had nothing to do with which coach has the largest buy out in their contract.  You should have learned how to comprehend what you read in grade school. I don't have the desire or time to teach you.

Dude, I quoted your exact post that I responded to, are you incapable of reading what I quoted from you? If you hadn't wanted it to be quoted, maybe you shouldn't have been so stupid to type it. My reading comprehension is fine, show me where you said paid out in the post I quoted.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 14, 2017, 08:39:38 am

When did he start getting paid 4.4 billion a year?

LOL.  Maybe Long gave him another raise we don't know about yet... ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.