Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How about Sumlin?

Started by checkraiser88, September 10, 2017, 04:37:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

I would take him if he was ends up being fired..

Hawgphish

I would not.  I say it is time to give an up and comer with a spread offense who is hungry to win.  NO more millionaire retreads.

Bubba's Bruisers

A young proven OC who can recruit his arse off.  And we have at least a year to find him.  So let's get searching early.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Boardon Hamsay

I bet we could get Briles at a basement bargain price.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

theFlyingHog

sickboy

I actually like Sumlin. I think I'm one of the few though.

Großer Kriegschwein

I hear Ernie Dinardo has been let go from the California Bulls.

This is my non-signature signature.

Hawgzinbowlz

No. I think he's better than CBB but we need a fresh start.

" GO HOGS "

go hogues

Can't win at A&M with the largest alumni base, most money and most fertile recruiting grounds in America.

Next.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: sickboy on September 10, 2017, 04:44:30 pm

He's essentially an 8-5 coach with talent galore.  That's about like 7-6 in Fayetteville, and that's optimistic.  Always drama around his program.

As expected, Johnny Football was to Sumlin what Matt Jones was to Nutt.

sickboy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 10, 2017, 04:51:18 pm
He's essentially an 8-5 coach with talent galore.  That's about like 7-6 in Fayetteville, and that's optimistic.  Always drama around his program.

As expected, Johnny Football was to Sumlin what Matt Jones was to Nutt.

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't think Sumlin could put together a defense at Arkansas to save his life either.

IronHog

Quote from: checkraiser88 on September 10, 2017, 04:37:24 pm

Need a QB guru not at QB killer

Guy is awful
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

longpig

Quote from: sickboy on September 10, 2017, 04:44:30 pm

Makes two of us.  Have to admit though, the guy has never maintained a complete team for a whole season.
Don't be scared, be smart.

checkraiser88

The guy has beat Bielema every year and Saban once

Redhogs

Enjoyed that UCLA game did ya??
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Wildhog

If you can't win at A&M, you can't win at Arkansas.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: checkraiser88 on September 10, 2017, 04:57:59 pm

Well, the former is just a given, but the later isn't bad.  Johnny Football earned Sumlin a nice raise and extension.

heatmiser

Texas A&M literally has the pick of the crop in Texas (with Longhorns being down past few years).  The fact Sumlin hasn't done much with everything he has tells me he is a no go for this position.  Imagine him being here with lesser quality recruits than he has now.....no thanks.
Arkansas Razorbacks

heatmiser

Quote from: checkraiser88 on September 10, 2017, 04:57:59 pm
I don't think we want to hire coaches only because they beat Bielema.  Rutgers, Toledo, nearly Skip Holtz from La Tech....Need a higher criteria than that (unfortunately)
Arkansas Razorbacks

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

arlhog

call it a texas death match like big time rasslin.    loser leaves town.    lol.   I really don't see us beating them unless something really turns this little ship in the next 13 days.   It ain't looking good. 

hobhog

These threads just keep getting better and better.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

EastexHawg

Quote from: arlhog on September 10, 2017, 05:55:46 pm
call it a texas death match like big time rasslin.    loser leaves town.    lol.   I really don't see us beating them unless something really turns this little ship in the next 13 days.   It ain't looking good. 

If we can score ten points we might beat them.  A&M is terrible on offense since their starting QB got hurt.

MtPorker

Tim

Frank Wilson is who you are looking for