Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wisconsin Coaches

Started by hogcam, September 14, 2017, 10:34:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcam

Gary Anderson is 6 - 18 at Oregon St. after going 19-7 at Wisconsin.
Paul Chryst was 19 - 19 at Pitt and now 23 - 6 at Wisconsin.
Bret Bielema is 26 - 27 at Arkansas after going 68 - 24 at Wisconsin.

Jeff Long and people need to quit using Bret's time at Wisconsin in his favor because it looks like nobody has trouble winning at Wisconsin.  These coaches have all struggled anywhere else.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Tusks

Quote from: hogcam on September 14, 2017, 10:34:06 am
Gary Anderson is 6 - 18 at Oregon St. after going 19-7 at Wisconsin.
Paul Chryst was 19 - 19 at Pitt and now 23 - 6 at Wisconsin.
Bret Bielema is 26 - 27 at Arkansas after going 68 - 24 at Wisconsin.

Jeff Long and people need to quit using Bret's time at Wisconsin in his favor because it looks like nobody has trouble winning at Wisconsin.  These coaches have all struggled anywhere else.

Lot's on here don't want to hear it.  Wisconsin was bad before Alvarez got them to winning.

Of course you had some of the hogville posters telling Alvarez that it's 'who we are' and he shouldn't expect to win or build a program.

Fricken dolts
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

RME

Quote from: twistitup on September 14, 2017, 10:56:40 am
I came to win the SEC

So you don't think he came to Arkansas to win the SEC?

PorkRinds

Quote from: tusked on September 14, 2017, 10:57:04 am
Lot's on here don't want to hear it.  Wisconsin was bad before Alvarez got them to winning.

Of course you had some of the hogville posters telling Alvarez that it's 'who we are' and he shouldn't expect to win or build a program.

Fricken dolts

You shouldn't call others dolts after incorrectly using an apostrophe to start your post.

hogcard1964

It's a big step up going from the Big 10 to the SEC. 

...or it used to be.

Tusks

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 14, 2017, 10:58:11 am
You shouldn't call others dolts after incorrectly using an apostrophe to start your post.

Wisconsin between 62 and 93 had a 30ish game losing streak.  I see that's YOUR type of program.

RME

Quote from: tusked on September 14, 2017, 11:08:39 am
Wisconsin between 62 and 93 had a 30ish game losing streak.  I see that's YOUR type of program.

Lol wut.

Wisconsin went 0-19-1 in 1967 and 1968...when Alvarez was in college at Nebraska.

What in God's name does what you just said have to do with anything? Since 1934, Arkansas has gone 14-23-3 in bowl games. I see that's YOUR type of program.

See how that doesn't really mean anything at all? Yeah.

PorkRinds

Quote from: tusked on September 14, 2017, 11:08:39 am

Now we've got mere apparent issues than misplaced a apostrophe. 

Malvin

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 14, 2017, 10:49:58 am
Barry keeps on winning.

Seems like Long should look to Barry to better understand where his priorities should be.

311Hog

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 14, 2017, 10:49:58 am
Barry keeps on winning.

or coming in 3rd most of the time behind OSU and Michigan/Mich State.  Seems awful familiar to coming behind Bama LSU/Auburn all the time during "good years".  Only difference to me is the teams at the bottom of the Big 10 are worse than those in the SEC. 

Porkchop#1

Maybe we should fire jeff Long and hire Alvarez as AD while keeping Bert as the football coach?

Tusks

The Badgers lost 23 straight games between 1967 and 1969.  Hogville posters then proclaimed it's 'who the badgers are' and they shouldn't expect to win more than 7 games and never go to a rose bowl.  After all you can't recruit to Wisconsin.

In other news, Bo Schembechler wanted the job but the AD during that losing streak turned him down.

311Hog

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 14, 2017, 12:09:18 pm
Wisconsin again won their Big 10 division last year, and Mich State went 1-8 in conference.

If you're going to attempt smartass at least try to do the smart part of it justice. 

if you attempt to fool yourself realize other people are not fools.  No one in their right mind is going to agree with you that Wisc is any better than 3rd in the Big 10 in recent history.  1 year does not change that, and that is the point.  Wisc won the Big 10 when one of the top dogs had brief issues, same story as in the SEC.  Also notice you said Division guess which two teams are not in their division ? yep you guessed it all the really good teams.  OSU Mich and MSU are all not in Wisc division they are the Florida of the SEC without the NC's

We all know it.

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

twistitup

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 14, 2017, 10:57:55 am
So you don't think he came to Arkansas to win the SEC?

He didn't respect the toughness of the SEC...

Redhogs

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 14, 2017, 11:16:11 am
Now we've got mere apparent issues than misplaced a apostrophe.
rarely agree with you...but this made m e laugh. :) :) :)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Calling All Hogs

I pointed out awhile back that Wisconsin's winning percentage actually went up after CBB left even though they went through two coaching changes.

brandon

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 14, 2017, 11:30:08 am
Maybe we should fire jeff Long and hire Alvarez as AD while keeping Bert as the football coach?

I'd be on board with that and not because I hate Long.

PorkRinds

Quote from: brandon on September 14, 2017, 01:38:26 pm
I'd be on board with that and not because I hate Long.

Hating someone you don't know is a you problem.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: tusked on September 14, 2017, 10:57:04 am

Fricken dolts

Like Ark was before Frank.  Barry keeps Whiskey winning.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Alvarez built a very sturdy house and it's been great to each successive tenant.  He is the one constant in all that.  It doesn't mean he meddles although he might, but also has a good knack for coaches that can keep the Wisconsin model going. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Tusks

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 14, 2017, 01:55:12 pm
Alvarez built a very sturdy house and it's been great to each successive tenant.  He is the one constant in all that.  It doesn't mean he meddles although he might, but also has a good knack for coaches that can keep the Wisconsin model going. 

And to build up the bad hire by JL, many hogville posters went after Alvarez as power hungry and cheap and didn't give the super duper BB all the tools he needed to win big, cause BB is a winner and a fighter.

5 years later they're winning more than when they had BB.  That should tell you everything you need to know about what happening to the hogs.

RME

Quote from: twistitup on September 14, 2017, 01:05:16 pm
He didn't respect the toughness of the SEC...

That isn't what I asked.

For all the fun we've made of Alvarez, he is the constant in Wisconsin's success.

Switchback

Wisconsin makes a good case for keeping the same philosophy during coaching changes. 

311Hog

Quote from: Switchback on September 14, 2017, 02:41:58 pm
Wisconsin makes a good case for keeping the same philosophy during coaching changes. 

never have to change your recruiting player archetype, and thus never have to "wait for him to get his players".

Athog

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 14, 2017, 11:30:08 am

Or get their fans!!

brandon

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 14, 2017, 01:48:10 pm
Hating someone you don't know is a you problem.

Poor reading comprehension is apparently a you problem as well.

twistitup

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 14, 2017, 02:08:34 pm
That isn't what I asked.

No, I don't think he came to win the SEC - he came here to get the hell out of Wisc.

He came in and said what he thought we wanted to hear

311Hog

Quote from: twistitup on September 14, 2017, 03:41:44 pm
No, I don't think he came to win the SEC - he came here to get the hell out of Wisc.

or what anyone taking this job would say. 

RME

Quote from: twistitup on September 14, 2017, 03:41:44 pm

Why would he want to get out of Wisconsin?