HIRE LES MILES Tomorrow... or This Afternoon

Started by razorjon, September 09, 2017, 05:52:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

geauxhawgs

Quote from: Hogwild on September 09, 2017, 09:46:58 pm
SEC Records=

62-28 (Miles)
10-22 (CBB)

Exactly! ^^^ Amazing to me how some act like LM was awful. Dude won A LOT of football games

1highhog

Quote from: geauxhawgs on September 10, 2017, 06:44:35 am
Exactly! ^^^ Amazing to me how some act like LM was awful. Dude won A LOT of football games

You are over looking a HUGE thing that Miles had, the best talent in his own backyard with blue chip Louisiana players to fill out his whole team to compete year in and year out for a Natl. title.  Here in Arkansas, any Coach is lucky to have a good year to get five blue chip players for his team.  That's the whole pie right there.  Les Miles couldn't coach his kids how to play Tic-tac-toe without screwing it up.  He's not a good coach, just cruised by with great talent.  He was beat by Nutt and CBB with far less talented players, and you want him as a Coach??

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: 1highhog on September 10, 2017, 08:57:45 am
You are over looking a HUGE thing that Miles had, the best talent in his own backyard with blue chip Louisiana players to fill out his whole team to compete year in and year out for a Natl. title.  Here in Arkansas, any Coach is lucky to have a good year to get five blue chip players for his team.  That's the whole pie right there.  Les Miles couldn't coach his kids how to play Tic-tac-toe without screwing it up.  He's not a good coach, just cruised by with great talent.  He was beat by Nutt and CBB with far less talented players, and you want him as a Coach??

A guy doesn't accidentally win about 10 games a year.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 10, 2017, 08:59:05 am
A guy doesn't accidentally win about 10 games a year.
Even with a loaded roster. Some coaching and roster management has to be involved. Now as for game management, that's a different story lol.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

1highhog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 10, 2017, 09:06:53 am
Even with a loaded roster. Some coaching and roster management has to be involved. Now as for game management, that's a different story lol.

There's such a thing as assistant coaches, Les Miles didn't do it.  He was to busy eating hay.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Hogwild on September 09, 2017, 09:46:58 pm
SEC Records=

62-28 (Miles)
10-22 (CBB)

That speaks for itself.    0.688 to 0.303.    Good enough for me.   

JayHog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 09, 2017, 06:02:04 pm
No way.  We need a guy that can run the spread and is an offensive mastermind.

A guy like little Cliff at Texas Tech?

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Pork Ranger

I'd take Mike Leach at seasons end. When is CBB contract up?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 1highhog on September 10, 2017, 09:08:28 am
There's such a thing as assistant coaches, Les Miles didn't do it.  He was to busy eating hay.
LOL about the hay part. But in all seriousness that's what good coaches do. They hire the best assistants and they over see the program and make sure everything is running smoothly. And if not they step in a make the necessary changes or corrections. Great coaches don't have to or try to control everything. They lay out a blueprint of how they want things done and they let their coaches coach.

WilsonHog

Kind of a moot point (Bielema isn't getting fired), but having said that, Les Miles is a good coach who would be a poor fit here. He ran a conventional offense at LSU stocked with great talent. Bielema has tried to do that here with marginal success. Are we to believe all of that talent went to Baton Rouge by the force of Les Miles' personality, and we would see that same thing happen in Fayetteville? No. That style of play requires great players on both sides of the football to be successful, and we will not attract those kind of kids in sufficient quantity to play it unless we cheat.

Frank Broyles once famously said that the Razorbacks coach had to be able to "do more with less." I still believe that to be true. For that reason, I would research the most successful spread offenses and either hire a coach from a lower level program or target a P5 assistant coach at one of those schools.

Now, if you ask me who I think our next head coach will be? Charlie Strong.

razorjon

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 10, 2017, 09:22:08 am
Kind of a moot point (Bielema isn't getting fired), but having said that, Les Miles is a good coach who would be a poor fit here. He ran a conventional offense at LSU stocked with great talent. Bielema has tried to do that here with marginal success. Are we to believe all of that talent went to Baton Rouge by the force of Les Miles' personality, and we would see that same thing happen in Fayetteville? No. That style of play requires great players on both sides of the football to be successful, and we will not attract those kind of kids in sufficient quantity to play it unless we cheat.

You don't think Les Miles would bring in better recruits?  Of course he would. 
"Starve the studs." — Chad Morris

geauxhawgs

Quote from: 1highhog on September 10, 2017, 08:57:45 am

You are also overlooking a HUGE thing...you know just as well as I do that you don't AVERAGE 10 wins a year ANYWHERE by just getting good players. I think that is pretty well documented in the college football history book. And OBTW....he won a National title and lost another one to Alabama who he beat earlier in the year. Also, won a Peach, Sugar, and Cotton bowl just to name a few. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you at all.

I think he would be a better option than we have now, not saying he is the guy. But it is ludicrous of our fan base to discount the ENORMOUS amount of success he had at LSU over 12 seasons. (114-34) Winningest coach in program history

Hoggish1

LMAO

Miles can't get it done at LSU with all those resources and he can come here and get it done? 

The starter of this thread needs to check into a mental institution quick...

geauxhawgs

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 10, 2017, 09:43:06 am
LMAO

Miles can't get it done at LSU with all those resources and he can come here and get it done? 

?? Les Miles (114-34)- Winningest coach in LSU history...

Hoggish1

Quote from: geauxhawgs on September 10, 2017, 09:49:46 am
?? Les Miles (114-34)- Winningest coach in LSU history...

OK.  Then why did he get fired?  Do you think Hoosten Nuts could have been 114-34 there?

WilsonHog

Quote from: razorjon on September 10, 2017, 09:28:36 am
You don't think Les Miles would bring in better recruits?  Of course he would.

Based on what empirical evidence?

The guy I want to hire next is the one who has been successful at the type of program that has the same disadvantages ours has.

To get the kind of talent to Fayetteville that Les had at LSU, we would need an under-the-table recruiting budget of about $500,000 a year.

geauxhawgs

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 10, 2017, 09:52:14 am
OK.  Then why did he get fired?  Do you think Hoosten Nuts could have been 114-34 there?

seems as though because LSU thinks they can average 11 or more wins a year (which IMO won't ever happen). Just like Georgia firing Richt, they are chasing Bama and won't settle for anything less.

Les Miles is literally the best coach in LSU program history. That is not and has never been up for debate. He accomplished more than Nick Saban did in the same amount of time Nick was there. And no I do not think Houston would've had the same record but how would we ever know?? ha

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 10, 2017, 09:54:50 am

The guy I want to hire next is the one who has been successful at the type of program that has the same disadvantages ours has.

To get the kind of talent to Fayetteville that Les had at LSU, we would need an under-the-table recruiting budget of about $500,000 a year.

Not sure $500k would get it done.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

razorjon

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 10, 2017, 09:54:50 am

I don't know.  Maybe. You don't think recruits want to play for the next winningest coach after Saban in SEC in recent years?  ...Bielema is under .500 and the lion's share of those wins were cupcakes.
"Starve the studs." — Chad Morris

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: JayHog on September 10, 2017, 09:11:40 am
A guy like little Cliff at Texas Tech?

You know, a kingsbury offense with our offensive talent, and our current defense, would've beaten the brakes off tcu today.  Im sure he's hungry too, id be down for the Hire.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 10, 2017, 09:52:14 am
He got fired because the fans started expecting 12 wins a year instead of 10. Not to mention they weren't a big fan of his conservative game plan and play calling on offense although his defenses were always stout.

Ex-Trumpet

Looks like Bielema is doing a pretty good Les Miles impersonation...

"I wish I had words after the game. I thought some good things came through that we practice throughout the week but when we did not do good things we had failure. We had frustration"

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/what-they-said-following-arkansas-28-7-loss-to-tcu/

RebHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 10, 2017, 10:18:20 am
He got fired because the fans started expecting 12 wins a year instead of 10. Not to mention they weren't a big fan of his conservative game plan and play calling on offense although his defenses were always stout.

Id say lack of QB play for many years which is baffling played a huge part. That had to be frustrating literally having every piece of the puzzle but the most important one for years.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 10, 2017, 09:43:06 am

Then you need to get in line behind him....Miles won multiple SEC championships and a national championship.  He has the best w-l record of any coach at LSU.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hawg2afault

Hire the grass eater NOW!  Anyone is better than the carpetbagger.

Großer Kriegschwein

At least the PCs would be more interesting than a grown man crying. I liked the emotion in the beginning but now it's just whining like my 4 year olds.
This is my non-signature signature.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 10, 2017, 11:22:06 am
Then you need to get in line behind him....Miles won multiple SEC championships and a national championship.  He has the best w-l record of any coach at LSU.

He did ... with the recruiting classes that are available to LSU ... not the recruiting classes available to Arkansas ...

Do I think Les is a capable coach? Yes ... Do I think he's a better coach than Brett? Possibly ... Do I think he could recreate the success here that he had at LSU? No, I don't...

IronHog

Miles is too old.

Need a QB guru coach at Arkansas....
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

JOKERHOG

no to les.  BB is the junior high version of lester.  Both are outdated dinosaurs
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

jimhog

Hoggie17

Dropkick

lumphog

HELL NO.... He can't even pronounce ARKANSAS.... "THINK" before you POST
SMH....some of the shheeeet I read on here.... is just STUPID, I MSS THE ARKANSAS I GREW UP IN , Talk about BackSlidin   :'(  :puke:

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hawg2afault on September 10, 2017, 11:23:07 am

You do realize Miles is from the Cleveland, OH area?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

lumphog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 05, 2017, 01:46:46 pm
You do realize Miles is from the Cleveland, OH area?
And, he never paid for Drugs..... NOT ONCE!!!!!

Boardon Hamsay

This is a 2 page panic thread. Do we really think Les Miles is the answer?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Hawg2afault on September 10, 2017, 11:23:07 am

Delta? You get an alt to expand your post count?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

GuvHog

Quote from: 1highhog on September 09, 2017, 07:03:52 pm
I would like this 100 times better than any idiot that thinks Les Miles would be a good hire.

IMHO Les Miles would be okay. Okay as in better than Bret Bielema or Houston Nutt.

There is however, a difference between okay and good.

Brent Venables or Norvell would be Good hires.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Les might have won 6 with this talent.  Better than what we have, far from where I want to be.

The Pulse

Les is too old, too yesterday. He just needs to retire.

hogsolutely

I say NO for several reasons, but he NEVER developed a QB in his whole time there, an don't think he will have enough energy to have to recruit the way we will need him to.  All the years at LSU he had so many recruits at his door step.  You will absolutely not have that at AR.  Miles is not a bad coach just not a good fit for AR.

TN HOG

I thought Les Miles and Jeff Long were friends from up north?  During the last coaching search he was contacted by Jeff, rumor or fact?  It would not surprise me if Jeff did something like this however, I hope this is NOT true.  Interesting insider in TN is wagering on that scenario.  Hmmm...
Play like a Champion!

ipigsooie

If he is so amazing why did he get fired? And why aren't schools beating hiss door down to hire him? Ole miss would be a great place for Les.