Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Constructive after game thoughts

Started by -Blu, January 08, 2014, 10:25:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

I know way too many people here right now that I didn't know yesterday who the heck are yall?

Thought a Drake quote might lighten the mood  :D 

But anyways, thought we needed a game with some constructive thoughts, that don't include someone being fired or the program being dead. If mods see anything inappropriate or consider player bashing please delete, because that's not my intentions.

When I first seen that starting lineup I knew we were in trouble.  A back court of Gulley/Scott/Madden absolutely horrible.  You have 2 guys in the backcourt that are very inconsistent at scoring, and they aren't good at shooting or getting others involved, IMO they just don't give us much.  And as far as the front court goes Clarke has struggled against decent competition this year, and Harris has thrived against good teams.  In my opinion you have to put your best players at each position on the floor to start the game to set the pace.  We can't let teams go on 5-0 or 9-2 runs on us to start games and steal the momentum, that happens every time we experiment with putting upperclassmen that have had 3 years to prove something in the game.  Madden, Bell, Qualls, Harris, Portis is the best lineup, they may not be the best defensive lineup, but these guys can put the basket in the whole and these 5 guys are gamers.

Also, IMO we gotta shorten this rotation to 8 or 9 guys, I know we like to think we have 12 really good players, but we really only have about 8ish guys that are real gamers that are going to take us to the next level.  If you notice once we made our first substitutions we started to make our run and actually took the league.  I think this game was that final wakeup call for CMA and playing some of the guys he does.  I would be highly surprised after this game if we are still playing 12 people after this.  And really surprised if that lineup I just mentioned doesn't become the starters for the rest of the year. 

With that said, this just wasn't a coaching problem during this game, we missed the most layups I've ever seen in a basketball game, including when I played in 5th grade middle school basketball.  If we make 75% of our free throws and layups we win this game.

poloprince

Stop the bs and put your best 5 on the floor instead of seniors who obviously just don't get it.
$PoLoPrInCe$

-Blu

Quote from: poloprince on January 08, 2014, 10:28:38 pm
Stop the bs and put your best 5 on the floor instead of seniors who obviously just don't get it.

Here's the TLDR verison of what I said:)  Thanks polo

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: poloprince on January 08, 2014, 10:28:38 pm

Certain players, especially one with the same last name as a Miami Heat star, never need to even suit up again. Just leave already.

Breems

Good post, Blu.

I'm not ready to call it quits like most already have. We are capable of playing better away from Bud Walton and have already beaten a team better than A&M in another gym. The memory certainly doesn't help us win games, but it gives me hope that these guys can pull it together for a few road wins against the other bottom feeders.

We have an entire conference season left to play. The stink around here will wash away soon and return in full force for our next loss. Hopefully our players don't give up as easy as the fans.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hogman99

Quote from: -Blu on January 08, 2014, 10:25:01 pm
I know way too many people here right now that I didn't know yesterday who the heck are yall?

But anyways, thought we needed a game with some constructive thoughts, that don't include someone being fired or the program being dead. If mods see anything inappropriate or consider player bashing please delete, because that's not my intentions.

When I first seen that starting lineup I knew we were in trouble.  A back court of Gulley/Scott/Madden absolutely horrible.  You have 2 guys in the backcourt that are very inconsistent at scoring, and they aren't good at shooting or getting others involved, IMO they just don't give us much.  And as far as the front court goes Clarke has struggled against decent competition this year, and Harris has thrived against good teams.  In my opinion you have to put your best players at each position on the floor to start the game to set the pace.  We can't let teams go on 5-0 or 9-2 runs on us to start games and steal the momentum, that happens every time we experiment with putting upperclassmen that have had 3 years to prove something in the game.  Madden, Bell, Qualls, Harris, Portis is the best lineup, they may not be the best defensive lineup, but these guys can put the basket in the whole and these 5 guys are gamers.

Also, IMO we gotta shorten this rotation to 8 or 9 guys, I know we like to think we have 12 really good players, but we really only have about 8ish guys that are real gamers that are going to take us to the next level.  If you notice once we made our first substitutions we started to make our run and actually took the league.  I think this game was that final wakeup call for CMA and playing some of the guys he does.  I would be highly surprised after this game if we are still playing 12 people after this.  And really surprised if that lineup I just mentioned doesn't become the starters for the rest of the year. 

With that said, this just wasn't a coaching problem during this game, we missed the most layups I've ever seen in a basketball game, including when I played in 5th grade middle school basketball.  If we make 75% of our free throws and layups we win this game.

Outstanding post!! 100% agree with everything you stated!!

panchodeana

There is absolutely nothing constructive to say after that performance tonight.

Here are the facts: a basketball program that won the national championship in 1994 and then came within one game of repeat in 1995 has now lost two years in row at College Station to a mediocre team by a combined total of 40 points.

So, don't bring any optimism in here tonight 'cause it's totally unwarranted.

dsims2k3

I agree with both you and Polo. Also,  the zone must be used more often. 
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

latrops

I don't disagree that the starting lineup was a little puzzling.  That said, we lost the game in the second half.  I don't see the starting lineup as the problem as much as the 2nd half play as a whole. 

songofthesword

Starting 5 should be

Madden
Haydar
Qualls
Harris
Portis

Bench should go

Bell
Kinglsey
Wade (good defense)
Clarke

Can get 5-7 mins a game type dudes

Williams is a good specialize player he's really long and is a good guy to bring in to guard long athletic wings.  He's also a good option when you want to go big.  But he should not get more than 5 mins a game

Scott and Gully need to sit down somewhere

Smithian

I was worried about you -Blu. After you compared it to waiting for a tournament game I knew this could be rough for you.

Breems

Quote from: songofthesword on January 08, 2014, 10:55:11 pm
Scott and Gully need to sit down somewhere

Gulley at least made both of his attempts tonight.

-Blu

Quote from: Breems on January 08, 2014, 10:47:57 pm
Good post, Blu.

I'm not ready to call it quits like most already have. We are capable of playing better away from Bud Walton and have already beaten a team better than A&M in another gym. The memory certainly doesn't help us win games, but it gives me hope that these guys can pull it together for a few road wins against the other bottom feeders.

We have an entire conference season left to play. The stink around here will wash away soon and return in full force for our next loss. Hopefully our players don't give up as easy as the fans.

I agree 100% with you Breems +1, I haven't given up either by any stretch, we will be a tournament team this year I'm confident of that.  And to be honest the reason I had been trying to tell other posters not to put so much emphasis on this game is because I felt this would be a tough game for us.  I've watch about 5 TAM games, and other than the North Texas game they aren't as bad as people made them out to be, Houston, MOST, and SMU are all solid teams that beat them.  I still think this TAM team finishes in the top 8 in the conference, despite some crowning them the worst team in the conference.

With that said I'm kinda glad in a way we had this game, because I believe with about 95% certainty that CMA is about to cut these rotations and stop with the experimenting and giving guys chances because they have a good week of practice.  CMA has even said in the past himself he's too nice sometimes and if guys puts in effort he likes to reward them.  And I think with some of these seniors, they've been working hard at practice and doing well, and he's wanting to give them a chance on their final go around, but it just isn't working.  And I rather he figure this out on the first conference game when we have time to fix it early, than get halfway through conference and we're on the bubble and all of the sudden he shortens rotation and guys aren't ready for it.

Kevin

there are times on the road where you have to execute in the half court on both ends of the floor.

the hogs have failed & failed tonight to do that.

if cma does not get that straight, road woes will continue.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

-Blu

Quote from: Smithian on January 08, 2014, 10:56:46 pm
I was worried about you -Blu. After you compared it to waiting for a tournament game I knew this could be rough for you.

Honestly Smithian, I knew it would be rough, I think in my initial predictions I made in the preseason predictions thread I picked this as a loss.  I told my wife when I heard the starting lineup this might be ugly.  You can't sit your best players out the first 5 minutes of the game on the road and let the other team get momentum.  We aren't a strong enough team yet to overcome that.

checkraiser88

Quote from: -Blu on January 08, 2014, 10:58:53 pm
I agree 100% with you Breems +1, I haven't given up either by any stretch, we will be a tournament team this year I'm confident of that.  And to be honest the reason I had been trying to tell other posters not to put so much emphasis on this game is because I felt this would be a tough game for us.  I've watch about 5 TAM games, and other than the North Texas game they aren't as bad as people made them out to be, Houston, MOST, and SMU are all solid teams that beat them.  I still think this TAM team finishes in the top 8 in the conference, despite some crowning them the worst team in the conference.

With that said I'm kinda glad in a way we had this game, because I believe with about 95% certainty that CMA is about to cut these rotations and stop with the experimenting and giving guys chances because they have a good week of practice.  CMA has even said in the past himself he's too nice sometimes and if guys puts in effort he likes to reward them.  And I think with some of these seniors, they've been working hard at practice and doing well, and he's wanting to give them a chance on their final go around, but it just isn't working.  And I rather he figure this out on the first conference game when we have time to fix it early, than get halfway through conference and we're on the bubble and all of the sudden he shortens rotation and guys aren't ready for it.

Based on what?

Breems

We'll see how the players take the hit. I have a feeling guys like Portis won't like it.

I would be more worried if a glaring weakness was exploited or something. We literally couldn't hit from anywhere on the floor. The layups will come.

Smithian

I think Anderson is a really good coach but his starters and 12 man rotation is making me worried.

-Blu

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 08, 2014, 11:02:21 pm
Based on what?

Based on being a college basketball fan and watching all teams play and not just Arkansas.  I know when I see a tournament team.  Most experts and analyst would agree.  And I can't talk to some of you guys because.... no offense you really don't know anything about basketball other than watching the razorbacks occasionally.  You don't throw away the whole season based on 1 bad loss, it happens to all teams.  Missouri is the #21 team in the country and just lost to GEORGIA... at home. It happens it's a long season.  If we bounce back and beat Florida and Kentucky we're back in the mix.  And then we have another golden opportunity to get a road win against Georgia.

checkraiser88

Quote from: -Blu on January 08, 2014, 11:15:20 pm
Based on being a college basketball fan and watching all teams play and not just Arkansas.  I know when I see a tournament team.  Most experts and analyst would agree.  And I can't talk to some of you guys because.... no offense you really don't know anything about basketball other than watching the razorbacks occasionally.  You don't throw away the whole season based on 1 bad loss, it happens to all teams.  Missouri is the #21 team in the country and just lost to GEORGIA... at home. It happens it's a long season.  If we bounce back and beat Florida and Kentucky we're back in the mix.  And then we have another golden opportunity to get a road win against Georgia.

You do realize we play in the SEC right? It's hard to really improve a resume that way unless we actually win more than half of our road games. You can't honestly tell me you think that will happen after tonight's performance? I'm being just as objective about it as you are.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Breems on January 08, 2014, 10:47:57 pm
Good post, Blu.

I am not giving up, Breems. That implies lack of care.

No, what I am is pissed off.

I am pissed because I want a return to the days you're too young to remember, when we would have beaten A&M by 30. Their floor, our floor, my floor, your floor. Then came home and whipped Florida and Kentucky's ass.

-Blu

Quote from: Breems on January 08, 2014, 11:04:53 pm
We'll see how the players take the hit. I have a feeling guys like Portis won't like it.

I would be more worried if a glaring weakness was exploited or something. We literally couldn't hit from anywhere on the floor. The layups will come.

Portis, Qualls, Harris, and Madden are all going to be on a rage when they come back home.  Florida better bring their A game.

Quote from: Smithian on January 08, 2014, 11:10:18 pm
I think Anderson is a really good coach but his starters and 12 man rotation is making me worried.

Couldn't agree more, and like I said I would be highly surprised if serious rotation/starting changes aren't made.  Madden/Bell/Qualls/Harris/Portis should be the starters all of these guys should be playing 20+ minutes.  Clarke, Haydar, Kingsley, and Gulley should be the only reserves IMO.  With Clarke and Kingsley playing about 15+.

SPAL

Blu I feel like I've seen that drake lyric in an after loss post before....😂😂

As far as criticism, I can't be logical because I can't grasp the reality of it. I don't see how playing on the road causes a player to stand at the free throw stripe with nobody guarding him and miss. That's fundamentals you practice since peewee.  How does playing on the road cause the worst 3 shooting team to just go lights out against us, every time?

I will say as Portis goes, so goes Arkansas. Tamu did a good job executing on defense forcing us to shoot from outside. They shut us down inside, shut down our penetration lanes, and we couldn't shoot out of it.

Game changing moment was when we chipped it down to 5, I think. Ky madden made 1/2 free throws to make it 4, we held and Kingsley got fouled and missed both FT. Instead if it being 2 or even 3, it's 4 and TAMU hits back to back 3's and it was over at that point.

I have no idea how to fix it. But I'm not quitting.

-Blu

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 08, 2014, 11:18:37 pm
You do realize we play in the SEC right? It's hard to really improve a resume that way unless we actually win more than half of our road games. You can't honestly tell me you think that will happen after tonight's performance? I'm being just as objective about it as you are.

Serious question here, do you actually do any research or keep up with any teams/conferences other than Arkansas and the SEC?  Because if you did you would know both CBS and ESPN latest bracketolgy had the SEC with 6 teams projected to be in the tournament, which was the second most of any conference.  There are tons of good wins left to get in the SEC.  And you do realize Missouri went to the SEC tournament last year with only 2 road wins right?  And I think we can say with a fact the SEC was WAAAAY worse last year than it is this year.

We currently have 6 games on our schedule with teams that are a top 50 RPI.

We have 6 more games on our schedule with teams that are 101-150 RPI.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/teamId/8

That means we have roughly 12 games on our schedule that would be QUALITY wins.  And that's not including opportunities in the SEC tournament. 

Beaverfever

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 08, 2014, 11:28:46 pm
I will say as Portis goes, so goes Arkansas.
this is very true.  Portis disappears and the team does too.

Big Nasty 34

Focus is a huge issue. For example, free throws. Stay at the stinkin line, hold your follow through, and keep your eyes glued on the front of the rim until it goes in.

Just being mentally tough enough to adapt to surroundings and adversity. It's not too much to ask. But there needs to be a practice change to get it IMO 

-Blu

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 08, 2014, 11:28:46 pm
Blu I feel like I've seen that drake lyric in an after loss post before....😂😂

As far as criticism, I can't be logical because I can't grasp the reality of it. I don't see how playing on the road causes a player to stand at the free throw stripe with nobody guarding him and miss. That's fundamentals you practice since peewee.  How does playing on the road cause the worst 3 shooting team to just go lights out against us, every time?

I will say as Portis goes, so goes Arkansas. Tamu did a good job executing on defense forcing us to shoot from outside. They shut us down inside, shut down our penetration lanes, and we couldn't shoot out of it.

Game changing moment was when we chipped it down to 5, I think. Ky madden made 1/2 free throws to make it 4, we held and Kingsley got fouled and missed both FT. Instead if it being 2 or even 3, it's 4 and TAMU hits back to back 3's and it was over at that point.

I have no idea how to fix it. But I'm not quitting.

lol I did steal that idea to use that quote from you.. it made so much sense to use it.  I'll give you a +1 for using it.

But, I feel you, this loss really hurts.  And at this point I just think it's in most of these guys head and only way to fix it is to just go play basketball and win.  Madden showed me a lot this game, he refused to give up and during one stretch of time he was the only guy making things happen.  Harris also showed toughness, and Bell played "decent".  Portis did well considering he was primary focus and received a lot of double teams.

SPAL

Quote from: ZoneBuster34 on January 08, 2014, 11:38:51 pm
Focus is a huge issue. For example, free throws. Stay at the stinkin line, hold your follow through, and keep your eyes glued on the front of the rim until it goes in.

Just being mentally tough enough to adapt to surroundings and adversity. It's not too much to ask. But there needs to be a practice change to get it IMO 

Ok, not disagreeing. But do you think North teas was just more mentally prepared than we were or did Tamu just not focus on North Texas. I can't believe that after years of not winning on the road that this is just simply a focus issue.

This team KNEW they needed to win. If it does come down to lack of focus, somebody needs to be held responsible. But I can't buy it's focus.

I do agree with the free throws. That makes me so mad.

Big Nasty 34

I figured NT came in with a chip on their shoulder and aTm took them lightly =mentality

MA teams don't have that chip; he doesn't have that.

SPAL

Quote from: ZoneBuster34 on January 08, 2014, 11:44:48 pm
I figured NT came in with a chip on their shoulder and aTm took them lightly =mentality

MA teams don't have that chip; he doesn't have that.

Ok, if this team doesn't have a chip on its shoulder after years of losing on the road, then yeah...changes need to be made. It's inexcusable that north texas cares more about going to college station than we do.

razorbackchamps94

Sivad

Mike took his team to Italy - didn't help.
Mike took his team to Hawaii - didn't help.
Maybe we can send them to the Moon next year.

SPAL

To keep with the drake theme:

They might be too strung out on compliments, overdosed on confidence ,Started not to give a f— and stopped fearing the consequence. Drinking every night because they drink to they accomplishments."

Hawg Red

Not ready to give up but this is why I tried to urge people to give it 5 conference games before they start talking about being contenders to win the SEC. We aren't going to be able to win the SEC if we can't win ANY road games, and right now, you can't feel confident that we'll win a road game. Auburn was always our fallback and they aren't on the road schedule this year. That first 5 game stretch had 3 road games (2 very winnable best on how we looked in Maui) and two home games against top 10-15 opponents. People placed their expectations too high on the "eye test" and wins over bubble teams like SMU, Minnesota and Clemson and us fighting hard in those Maui losses. Conference play is where you find out who your team really is and I tried to tell people that.

Right now, I feel completely and utterly deflated. I do think we'll win at least 1 road game and I'm not giving up on the hope of winning more, but last night looked just like so many road games we've played over the last 10 or so years. It's not just the coaches' fault. It's not just the players' fault. I don't know what it is. We just can't win when we don't have thousands of people calling the Hogs and the refs giving us home calls, it seems. I know it's hard to win on the road in college basketball, but Arkansas truly is among the worst of the worst on the road. No one can argue that.

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on January 08, 2014, 10:42:29 pm
Certain players, especially one with the same last name as a Miami Heat star, never need to even suit up again. Just leave already.

Wade played 7 minutes last night, and took just one shot.

And he's the guy you want to point fingers at? Wow.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hoggish1

I like this post.  I hope Mike settles on a reliable rotation...

Never saw a worse shooting team, from field and line, then last night.  Maybe the lack of butts in the seats, at that gym, just threw our depth perception off... Or maybe Johnny Football and the chicks, flanking him, too our minds off the job...LOL

The_Iceman

Startjng Gulley and Scott is a mistake and must stop. Qualls also needs to start as well, I just dont like the way hes been playing off the bench.

Hawg Red

I can't call this constructive when you do not mention how bad the defense was one time.

The defense (or lack of) was as bad as anything last night.

Hoggish1

^ good stuff and I hope you are right about Mike getting more hard nosed about what we need.

He can play those guys more at home, but on the road, when teams are going to try and slow us down—fight fire with fire...

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 08, 2014, 11:42:24 pm
Ok, not disagreeing. But do you think North teas was just more mentally prepared than we were or did Tamu just not focus on North Texas. I can't believe that after years of not winning on the road that this is just simply a focus issue.

This team KNEW they needed to win. If it does come down to lack of focus, somebody needs to be held responsible. But I can't buy it's focus.

I do agree with the free throws. That makes me so mad.

Ever shot at a big arena that you rarely play at? It throws you off. Even the best shooters take time to adjust to new surroundings. You have to REALLY FOCUS on the rim throughout your shot. We had several open looks from 3. If we tighten up our focus we hit more 3s, we hit more 3s, it opens up the inside, we do that we score 15-20 more points. And don't get in funks.

Kevin

They shoot everyday in bwa, so shooting at a& m should not be an excuse
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mhuff

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on January 08, 2014, 11:53:26 pm
Kinglsey  needs more minutes

When MA wants to win he will play Madden, Qualls, Harris, Kingsley, and Portis together as much as possible. You can play Clarke and the Bell for a few minutes to give breathers. If this rotation is not implemented, get ready to blow the whole season. That original starting five needs to be on the floor as much as possible. Good post BLU.

Big Nasty 34

There's still an adjustment! Anyone who's played in an open Arena knows that. Not all backgrounds are the same, visual perception is difficult!

How would you explain poor shooting??

ErieHog

I'll take this a different way.

So far this year, our best player has been Michael Qualls-- a sparkplug on both ends of the floor, and a guy who has dominated his opposition all year.

Last night, he essentially was a net minus, all game, and we didn't really have an answer for long stretches on offense, because of it.

I really think he's better with that starting group, than as a plug off of the bench-  he hasn't seemed to be quite as quick to get into a rhythm, when being brought off the bench.     

I understand why they want to give Jacorey minutes, to keep the front court fresh and get another defender on the court that they trust in some situations, but in a slower paced game, they need less of him, and more of the other bigs.    He's fine to spell, but not play extended minutes with the second unit yet.

No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

mhuff

Quote from: ZoneBuster34 on January 09, 2014, 07:06:58 pm
Ever shot at a big arena that you rarely play at? It throws you off. Even the best shooters take time to adjust to new surroundings. You have to REALLY FOCUS on the rim throughout your shot. We had several open looks from 3. If we tighten up our focus we hit more 3s, we hit more 3s, it opens up the inside, we do that we score 15-20 more points. And don't get in funks.

root_hawg

How about we play a couple of non-cupcakes in the OOC schedule that will put some pressure on them instead of these glorified juco teams that they just blow out.  Need to play pressure games to get used to playing under pressure

Smithian

Yeah, some of you are right, those two Pelphrey guards who played 10 combined minutes last night are at fault for that loss.

mhuff

Quote from: ErieHog on January 09, 2014, 08:09:19 pm
I'll take this a different way.

So far this year, our best player has been Michael Qualls-- a sparkplug on both ends of the floor, and a guy who has dominated his opposition all year.

Last night, he essentially was a net minus, all game, and we didn't really have an answer for long stretches on offense, because of it.

I really think he's better with that starting group, than as a plug off of the bench-  he hasn't seemed to be quite as quick to get into a rhythm, when being brought off the bench.     

I understand why they want to give Jacorey minutes, to keep the front court fresh and get another defender on the court that they trust in some situations, but in a slower paced game, they need less of him, and more of the other bigs.    He's fine to spell, but not play extended minutes with the second unit yet.