Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the first thought that comes to your mind when you hear or see Nutt?

Started by Arkapigdiesel, April 01, 2006, 03:42:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 04, 2006, 04:42:31 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 04, 2006, 04:33:11 pm
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on April 04, 2006, 04:27:54 pm
Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 04, 2006, 04:21:13 pm
MM decommited b/c of turmoil at the qb coach pos, not b/c Nutt was the UA coach, again get your facts straight.

Don't be so sure you have all the facts either.
OUCH.  razorfan502000, let me just say this guy knows what he is talking about.  I can tell you are a smart guy, you are just misled.  There are people on this board that know these guys VERY well.

First of all thank you for the compiment! Even though we have disagreed on several posts, you to seem intelligent, and misled. LOL. Anyway, I have no problem with people not wanting HDN as our coach, Every person has a right to want whoever they want as the HC of the team they root for, and I know that personally I live for hog's games and I don't want anyone telling me what i should or should not think. What does however drive me crazy is the people that want to blame Nutt for EVERY single thing that goes wrong with our program yet not give him any credit for the things that go right. That simply is not realistic. If the guy is completely and 100% responsible for every loss, for every arrest,for every recruit that doesn't pan out,for every player that doesn't play hard enough, for every recruit that gets away, for every player that fails a test; then it stands to reason that he would also be 100% responsible for every win, for every player that never gets in trouble with the law, for every recruit that comes to UA, for every player that makes a good grade,  for evey player that hustles, for every good thing that happens to our team. The truth is, HDN is somewhere in the middle, NO ONE is 100% responsible for everything good or bad that happens to their program, No coach could possibly live up to those expectations. End of sermon.k
You have some good points there.

He is, however, 100% responsible for himself and how he fulfills his role as a coach.  It would help if every once in a while he would admit mistakes, and quit deflecting blame.

The reason why I give him no credit is he has been given every opportunity to succeed, given all kinds of slack no other D1 coach would have ever gotten and he consistently makes DUMB decisions and says DUMB things.  He is divisive and polarizing. 

Again, I see your point, but I just can't find or think of one positive thing he brings to the table as HC.  At this point, he's got a big bag of nothing.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Porky OLeary

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 04, 2006, 04:32:47 pm
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on April 04, 2006, 04:27:54 pm
MM decommited b/c of turmoil at the qb coach pos, not b/c Nutt was the UA coach, again get your facts straight.

Who fired that qb coach who supposedly caused mm to decommit? Was that really a smooth move by nutt? You may or may not be misled, but you're just flat wrong. MM, DW, and BC, would not be here now if not for gus. Doesn't that seem to you like they really didn't want to play for the nutt, but would play for gus?

Don't be so sure you have all the facts either.

He straight up said so, his exact quote escapes me, but in general terms, he said that the turmoil about coaching is what scared him off, and we all know that HDN's job was never in jeapordy, so therefore common sense says that turmoil at the HC position wasn't the problem, Common sense says that if a guy decommits after we fire our qb coach and says it's b/c of turmoil in the coaching ranks, then he recommits after we hire a new qb coach, then said recruit MUST have been referring to the qb position when he says that coaching turmoil caused his initial decommitment.

Porky OLeary

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 03, 2006, 05:56:08 pm
Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on April 03, 2006, 05:50:28 pm
I need to post this again

8 years of god awful play calling and poor use of timeouts and ridiculous recruiting make up my statement

I don't get the ridicolous recruiting statement. We've had some good kids come through here, just b/c they haven't been 5 stars or hs aa that doesn't really mean much. Maybe your basing your opinion off the fact that up until now we haven't recruited with an eye towards the passing game, and that's true, but that is b/c HDN is primarily a running game coach, not b/c he can't recruit. Before you criticize HDN for recruiting, perhaps you should read some quotes from some of the kids he has recruited and that have played for him. They love him, their families love them, even the kids that went somewhree else loved him. HDN has MANY faults, recruting is NOT one of them.

Good recruiter?!? Nutt?????
The man was here for 8 full seasons before getting an sec caliber passer(casey) on the field. The guy goes years without recruiting linemen, tight ends, linebackers, defensive backs, kickers. Yet gives schollies to snappers. Runs off all the d1 talent in warren. Loves to give schollies to slow backs who because of their lack of speed are not ever going to be able to play in the sec. Does he not know how to time some of these guys? Never recruits during the season, so we lose recruits to others we might have gotten. Every single year we are at plan d or worse in recruiting by the first of December! Does not have even the slightest recruiting plan.
Sure he's gotten some good players. But he has no plan whatever how to add to those good players to make an even better team.
Look at our facilities. Fan support.
Yet nutty has never been better than 6th in sec recruiting rankings.
Houston Nutt is almost as poor a recruiter as he is an offensive coordinator.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Porky OLeary on April 04, 2006, 07:15:35 pm

8 years of god awful play calling and poor use of timeouts and ridiculous recruiting make up my statement

I don't get the ridicolous recruiting statement. We've had some good kids come through here, just b/c they haven't been 5 stars or hs aa that doesn't really mean much. Maybe your basing your opinion off the fact that up until now we haven't recruited with an eye towards the passing game, and that's true, but that is b/c HDN is primarily a running game coach, not b/c he can't recruit. Before you criticize HDN for recruiting, perhaps you should read some quotes from some of the kids he has recruited and that have played for him. They love him, their families love them, even the kids that went somewhree else loved him. HDN has MANY faults, recruting is NOT one of them.

The man was here for 8 full seasons before getting an sec caliber passer(casey) on the field. The guy goes years without recruiting linemen, tight ends, linebackers, defensive backs, kickers. Yet gives schollies to snappers. Runs off all the d1 talent in warren. Loves to give schollies to slow backs who because of their lack of speed are not ever going to be able to play in the sec. Does he not know how to time some of these guys? Never recruits during the season, so we lose recruits to others we might have gotten. Every single year we are at plan d or worse in recruiting by the first of December! Does not have even the slightest recruiting plan.
Sure he's gotten some good players. But he has no plan whatever how to add to those good players to make an even better team.

Are you crazy? ok look, he's not recruiter super star passing qb, b/c thats not the offense he watned to run. I don't know where you come up with your comments about slow backs. We've had some damn fine backs over the years, we've had some damn good lineman over the years to, lineman suited towards the RUNNING GAME. Just because he doesn't recruit players that are suited for a passing game doesn't mean he can't recruit.

Richard_white

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 04, 2006, 09:41:20 pm

Are you crazy? ok look, he's not recruiter super star passing qb, b/c thats not the offense he watned to run. I don't know where you come up with your comments about slow backs. We've had some damn fine backs over the years, we've had some damn good lineman over the years to, lineman suited towards the RUNNING GAME. Just because he doesn't recruit players that are suited for a passing game doesn't mean he can't recruit.

He can recruit, but not recruit a team in the top 25

8 years and running

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on April 04, 2006, 09:52:09 pm

8 years and running

Maybe, MAYBE if you make the claim that he can't seem to evaluate kids properly, i'd buy that, but that is a totally different thing then recruiting, recruiting is when you go after a kid, and HDN is VERY succesful at getting the signatures of the kids he want.

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 04, 2006, 10:01:12 pm
Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on April 04, 2006, 09:52:09 pm

8 years and running

Maybe, MAYBE if you make the claim that he can't seem to evaluate kids properly, i'd buy that, but that is a totally different thing then recruiting, recruiting is when you go after a kid, and HDN is VERY succesful at getting the signatures of the kids he want.
But not the kids we need.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 03, 2006, 06:57:32 pm

There are just as many bad quotes as good ones. 

Look, he almost lost Mitch, Damian and Ben out of his own FREAKING back yard.  We know, FOR A FACT, had Gus not convinced them to come here, they would be GONE.  Gus was not HDN's idea, he was forced on him.  That fiasco alone negates any decent recruits he has gotten in the past, which have been too few and far between since '98.

He brings absolutely NOTHING to the table, except he will probably cost us 2 or 3 games with his dumbarse game management decisions.  Who knows what else he will do to mess up the chemistry in the lockerroom. 

He might be a great person, but he is not Div. I head coaching material.

He did not personally almost cost us anyone last year, Damian had ZERO interest in ua until the end, he came b/c of Gus, but he wasn't going to fla b/c of nutt, get your facts straight there. MM decommited b/c of turmoil at the qb coach pos, not b/c Nutt was the UA coach, again get your facts straight. They ALL recommited with HDN as the HC, not a single one of them came here thinking Nutt would be fired. Get your facts straight.  He does make stupid unwise decisions at times, he isn't a capable OC, he is too loyal to assistants that need to be jettisoned. Give the new situation some time, He will not be our OC anymore, so that problem is rectified, he will now have more time to concentrate on clock management, etc etc, so those errors should decrease, and as far as being too loyal, that is awful hard to hate someone over, I mean wouldn't you want your boss to be loyal to you?

Good grief, Razorbackfan502000, you cite plenty of reasons to FIRE Numb Nutts (ineptitude, loyalty to charlatan cronies, stupidity, etc. etc.) but not one legitimate reason to keep Numb Nutts at the helm of what should be a top tier Division 1 program. Just what in hades does Numb Nutts bring to the table to earn that $1.5 million per year off the state teat?

I hate Numb Nutts as the charlatan at the helm of my team, and I despise him as a person, the arrogant, lying baffoon that he is.

One more question, Razorbackfan50200, how much does Numb Nutts and the Murray State Mafia pay you to post this drivel -- or are you Senile Frank Broyles working on your 50 year pin? Don't kid yourself, you aint gonna make close to 2000 years as AD...
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

excoach

First I want to throw up!! After I get over my nausea, and I listen to him talk, I wonder how he made it out of elementary school since he has no grammar skills. I throw up now.  Then I wonder how a man so full of himself, and ego larger than earth, who when he speaks repeats himself over and over, can get a job paying 1.4 million. I'm sure glad he doesn't stutter!! Then i turn the TV off, before I hurl again!!!

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: excoach on April 05, 2006, 10:51:37 am
First I want to throw up!! After I get over my nausea, and I listen to him talk, I wonder how he made it out of elementary school since he has no grammar skills. I throw up now.  Then I wonder how a man so full of himself, and ego larger than earth, who when he speaks repeats himself over and over, can get a job paying 1.4 million. I'm sure glad he doesn't stutter!! Then i turn the TV off, before I hurl again!!!

Can you name one single succsful person that doesnt have a huge ego? Come on, in his line of work, he MUST have a huge ego, thats a stupid reason to hate him.

excoach

His ego isn't the primary reason why I don't like NUtt, but a contributing factor.

RAZORBART

Typical example of operating mouth before engaging brain.For instance
last nights interview about the upcoming scrimmage on April 15th. He says, I want 30k there (mouth) no, I want 40k fans in the stands (brain)
then realizing brain overloaded arse, said no make that 30k fans. What an idiot !!!!! He can run his mouth more and say less than any coach I have ever witnessed thereby making a record number of stupid blooper type remarks. The guy should hire a spokesperson and definitely lose that stupid looking hat his puts on his goober looking head !!!!!!
What a joke.

12under

Quote from: RAZORBART on April 05, 2006, 11:01:27 am

last nights interview about the upcoming scrimmage on April 15th. He says, I want 30k there (mouth) no, I want 40k fans in the stands (brain)
then realizing brain overloaded arse, said no make that 30k fans. What an idiot !!!!! He can run his mouth more and say less than any coach I have ever witnessed thereby making a record number of stupid blooper type remarks. The guy should hire a spokesperson and definitely lose that stupid looking hat his puts on his goober looking head !!!!!!
What a joke.
wow, if you get upset about something as small as that, you must have a venomous disdain for the man.  jeez, have a beer or two.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

What a joke.

I can understand the University hiring Numb Nutts in the first place -- everybody makes mistakes. But why in the hell is Numb Nutts still here after 8 years of shiite? That's the $1.4 million + per year question.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: 12under on April 05, 2006, 11:04:13 am

What a joke.
wow, if you get upset about something as small as that, you must have a venomous disdain for the man.  jeez, have a beer or two.

Isn't that the truth. I hate that fricker b/c he breathes. That seems to be the general mentality of a lot of our fans.

JJHog

good guy

good speaker

been here too long

been too slow to make the changes needed on our staff.

good running game
" Think Right, Do Right"

Call Mr. Sow

Whenever I see HDN, he reminds me of George W. Bush in a weird way.

Porky OLeary

I was referring to defensive backs. The running backs have been good. Still the object of recruiting is to build a winning team, and nutt has failed miserably. Recruit evaluation is just as important as skill at landing a recruit. Doesn't do much good if you're landing guys you want but who never pan out.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: Porky OLeary on April 05, 2006, 01:01:34 pm

I was referring to defensive backs. The running backs have been good. Still the object of recruiting is to build a winning team, and nutt has failed miserably. Recruit evaluation is just as important as skill at landing a recruit. Doesn't do much good if you're landing guys you want but who never pan out.

That's a whole nother issue, and one that i will side with you with EVERY time, infact i think that is the UA's biggest blunder. Basketball and football, as long as i can remember, players do not improve their skills while in fayettville. In my mind this can't be blamed on any one coach though, b/c it seems to be a institutional mentality.

Hawgz4Life

Now, does that come with leather interior and a sunroof, and what is the warranty like on it?

Richard_white

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 05, 2006, 11:10:20 am
Quote from: 12under on April 05, 2006, 11:04:13 am

What a joke.

Isn't that the truth. I hate that fricker b/c he breathes. That seems to be the general mentality of a lot of our fans.

It's better to say the truth than to make excuses for mediocre coaching.

The Truth

[/quote]

It's better to say the truth than to make excuses for mediocre coaching.
[/quote]

Amen.

Here's a "first thought": I wish I could quit you, Houston.
The Truth hurts.

FLKeysGuy

What's the first thought that comes to your mind when you hear or see Nutt?

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Ilikthiskindaparty

I'm going to be here all day.

The Truth

The Truth hurts.

hogoh

Albert Einswine

Here is a guy that at one time showed great promise, but through what looks like a combination of ego and paranoia,  has not realized any of it.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: alberteinswine on April 07, 2006, 12:38:56 pm
Here is a guy that at one time showed great promise, but through what looks like a combination of ego and paranoia,  has not realized any of it.

I agree...I think he had great promise...but now...he is bankrupt.

I think you said it perfectly...paranoia and ego...that is what killed this current coaching administration.   Time to move on.  Time to make a change. 

I cannot comprehend why people don't recognize the deficiency in the character of this guy.  Baffles the mind.
Retired Radio Host