Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calipari to Mizzou?

Started by fu-man-soo, February 27, 2006, 11:35:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fu-man-soo

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/colleges/13970618.htm

I don't think he would leave Memphis, i know i wouldn't.  I am going ahead and making my pick for memphis to win the tourney.

Whataboar™

Would love to see Memphis get booted early from the Big Dance.
Can't stand Calipari.
He's another one of those used-car-salesman types with an inflated sense of himself.
Plus, he kissed Jim Rome's rear end during a segment on the show last week.  :puke:
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

othermac

calipari is looking to the north east if and when he makes a change. however, i would not be surprised at all if he didnt catapult this season into one of the highest paying contracts that there is out there.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

othermac

Quote from: Whataboar™ on February 27, 2006, 11:43:34 am
Would love to see Memphis get booted early from the Big Dance.
Can't stand Calipari.
He's another one of those used-car-salesman types with an inflated sense of himself.
Plus, he kissed Jim Rome's rear end during a segment on the show last week.  :puke:

my dream season for this year has been a trip to the ncaa and a win to send calipari and the tigers home.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

hoggystyle78

Calipari is a puss!, he quit playing Arkansas and the reason he gave was, "he wanted to play big name programs", just what in the hell does that mean?, it just doesn't get much bigger name than Arkansas in college BB, he's just scared to play the Hogs because after we spank that ass, we're gonna come into Memphis and take your best recruits and he knows it! He doesn't want to give the Hogs any ammo for recruiting the area, much the same as Mack Brown is too chicken schitt to keep playing the Hogs because he doesn't want us to have a presence in Texas to help our recruiting of the area.

snag

If Calipari leaves Memphis, the ultimate replacement for him would be Nolan Richardson! I'm telling you, that job would fit Nolan like a glove. He would create a monster in Memphis.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: snag on February 27, 2006, 11:58:46 am
If Calipari leaves Memphis, the ultimate replacement for him would be Nolan Richardson! I'm telling you, that job would fit Nolan like a glove. He would create a monster in Memphis.

Lordy, that would be a match made in Heaven.  And Memphis basketball would blow up. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

4thdownnutt

nastiest, dirtiest place on earth --  yea he'd fit right in

HognotinMemphis

You boys, with your newly found false confidence in this Hog team's competitiveness, better not wish for the Hogs to meet the Tigers in the NCAAT. Memphis would devastate this year's Hogs. It would be a blowout of epic proportions. Memphis is head and shoulders better than any SEC team this year.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

South_Ark_Pig

say what ya want, hes one helluva coach, sometimes you need to be a used car salesman in this business.

ThunderHog

Quote from: 4thdownnutt on February 27, 2006, 12:53:45 pm
nastiest, dirtiest place on earth --  yea he'd fit right in

Easy fella.  Obviously you know very little about Memphis, other than what you read on chat boards.

4thdownnutt

live 45 miles from it  what else is their to know  other than the EPA has banned it as unhealthy!!!!!

fu-man-soo

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on February 27, 2006, 11:52:15 am
He doesn't want to give the Hogs any ammo for recruiting the area, much the same as Mack Brown is too chicken schitt to keep playing the Hogs because he doesn't want us to have a presence in Texas to help our recruiting of the area.

much as the same as we quit playing SMU?

Ish O

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 27, 2006, 01:03:55 pm
You boys, with your newly found false confidence in this Hog team's competitiveness, better not wish for the Hogs to meet the Tigers in the NCAAT. Memphis would devastate this year's Hogs. It would be a blowout of epic proportions. Memphis is head and shoulders better than any SEC team this year.

Don't think it would be a blowout. Didn't Memphis barely beat Tenn in Memphis? Memphis is very good this year but it would not blow out the Hogs. We'll see. Everything goes down in a couple of weeks.

South_Ark_Pig

Calipari is a puss!, he quit playing Arkansas and the reason he gave was, "he wanted to play big name programs", just what in the hell does that mean?, it just doesn't get much bigger name than Arkansas in college BB, he's just scared to play the Hogs because after we spank that ass, we're gonna come into Memphis and take your best recruits and he knows it! He doesn't want to give the Hogs any ammo for recruiting the area, much the same as Mack Brown is too chicken schitt to keep playing the Hogs because he doesn't want us to have a presence in Texas to help our recruiting of the area.

Im thinking were not considered "big name" anymore in the basketball world since about 2000.

hogfan064

Teams Arkansas should play every year OOC in basketball

Mizzou
Memphis
Texas
OU or OSU
Missouri State
Texas Tech
Tulsa

Play those 7 teams and 5 sorry teams and I'd be happy.  All are good rivalry games

lumphog

TRUE..............+1

othermac

are you talking about the tiger team that eeked out wins over powerhouses alabama-birmingham and rice?

ThunderHog

Quote from: 4thdownnutt on February 27, 2006, 01:13:00 pm
live 45 miles from it  what else is their to know  other than the EPA has banned it as unhealthy!!!!!

I rest my case.

Tusks

I would be surprised if Calipari went to Mizzou.

Do you guys remember how bad the cheating go at UMASS.  It was found those 2 guys from the Caribbean, the big 3 point shooters, were like mid 20's and faked their transcripts.  He had tons of violations.  I think they had to give back a ton of money to the NCAA.

He's a decent coach but cuts corners to be successful.  I'm not saying he bought his team this year but man he's sleazy.

The tiggers will make some noise but I don't see them winning it all.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Shag66

Quote from: ThunderHog on February 27, 2006, 01:41:11 pm

I rest my case.

How close do you have to be to KNOW that Memphis is nasty?

hogfan064

Quote from: Shag66 on February 27, 2006, 01:44:36 pm
Quote from: ThunderHog on February 27, 2006, 01:41:11 pm

I rest my case.

How close do you have to be to KNOW that Memphis is nasty?

Memphis is on my list of the south's dirtiest cities.  I'd rank them like this

1. New Orleans
2. Memphis
3. Montgomery
4. Monroe, LA
5. Jackson

hogfan064

Only good thing about Memphis is that you're minutes from Arkansas

othermac

Quote from: ConwayHog on February 27, 2006, 01:52:40 pm
I lived about 60 miles from Memphis once.  It has its good/bad parts.

i dont live far from it now, and i agree, it has nice areas and bad areas, kind of like little rock, and every other southern city out there.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 27, 2006, 01:59:23 pm

Well, minutes from East Arkansas anyway. 
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

othermac

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on February 27, 2006, 02:04:31 pm

and i take it you are from n/w ark?

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: othermac on February 27, 2006, 02:08:08 pm

I'm from Bryant, but I went to school in Fayetteville for so long it feels more like home now.  I was only joking.  I just thought I'd point out that east AR isn't necessarily as "exciting" as other parts. :)
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

hogfan064

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on February 27, 2006, 02:11:58 pm

I'm from Bryant, but I went to school in Fayetteville for so long it feels more like home now.  I was only joking.  I just thought I'd point out that east AR isn't necessarily as "exciting" as other parts. :)

Come on you can't tell me places like Palestine, Arkansas and its Luv's isn't exciting

othermac

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on February 27, 2006, 02:11:58 pm

agreed, not a lot going on in east arkansas, but they are trying.

Razorgirl

I am not one that usually post often nor do I like controversy but some (not all) of you guys amaze me,  truly amaze me with your ignorance. You call him a puss because he wants to play big name programs. I don't consider Arkansas a big name program at the present time. Not saying we won't be in the future like we have been in the past. This post is not because I am a big Memphis fan by any means but I just don't understand how you can sit and call someone a puss because his team is better than ours. Give credit where credit is due. As far as Memphis being the nastiest, dirtiest place on earth I'm sure know one would loose sleep if you didn't visit anymore. But, that filth sure has made for a good basketball team somehow.

ThunderHog

Which city has the highest rate of murder, assualts & theft.....Memphis or Little Rock?  Don't guess.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Hey we got us another Memphis fan on the board.  Welcome Tigergirl!  Have you met HorninMemphis?

hogfan064

Quote from: ThunderHog on February 27, 2006, 02:15:50 pm
Which city has the highest rate of murder, assualts & theft.....Memphis or Little Rock?  Don't guess.

I don't know, but everytime I turn on Cops they are in Little Rock.

othermac

Quote from: Razorgirl on February 27, 2006, 02:15:26 pm
I am not one that usually post often nor do I like controversy but some (not all) of you guys amaze me,  truly amaze me with your ignorance. You call him a puss because he wants to play big name programs. I don't consider Arkansas a big name program at the present time. Not saying we won't be in the future like we have been in the past. This post is not because I am a big Memphis fan by any means but I just don't understand how you can sit and call someone a puss because his team is better than ours. Give credit where credit is due. As far as Memphis being the nastiest, dirtiest place on earth I'm sure know one would loose sleep if you didn't visit anymore. But, that filth sure has made for a good basketball team somehow.

what is insulting to me is we scheduled them when we were a dominant top 10 team, and now that we arent, he pays no respect to our past or our future.

dzeppfan77

February 27, 2006, 02:26:41 pm #34 Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 02:31:00 pm by dzeppfan77
Memphis Tigers? They will be prepared for the NCAA Tourney alright. That tough conference schedule..Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, Southern Miss, Marshall, etc...I know they played a tough non-conference schedule but I think playing those teams back to back to back each week will be a disadvantage to pretty boy Calipari's team. They won't go far.

hogfan064

Quote from: dzeppfan77 on February 27, 2006, 02:26:41 pm
Memphis Tigers? They will be prepared for the NCAA Tourney allright. That tough conference schedule..Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, Southern Miss, Marshall, etc...I know they played a tough non-conference schedule but I think playing those teams back to back to back each week will be a disadvantage to pretty boy Calipari's team. They won't go far.

Sweet 16 at best for Memphis.

4thdownnutt

I love Memphis.  After all we won our NC with their players. That's why their radio talk shows hate us.  Thanks Memphis --  we couldn't have done it without ya.

jkcrunch

Memphis is a dirty ugly city.    Save PP and the Rendevous the place is a waste of time.   But they do have the best gentlemens clubs in the US.

Jim Harris

Quote from: nutted on February 27, 2006, 01:42:38 pm
I would be surprised if Calipari went to Mizzou.

Do you guys remember how bad the cheating go at UMASS.  It was found those 2 guys from the Caribbean, the big 3 point shooters, were like mid 20's and faked their transcripts.  He had tons of violations.  I think they had to give back a ton of money to the NCAA.

He's a decent coach but cuts corners to be successful.  I'm not saying he bought his team this year but man he's sleazy.

The tiggers will make some noise but I don't see them winning it all.

He's a con artist. Nutt is a cheap used car salesman. Calipari would be the guy moving Cadillacs, BMWs, etc., from a used-car lot.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

WILL CLINTON

Know what, you're right.  I will give credit where credit is due.  Their boosters put their money where the players wallets are. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Shag66

February 27, 2006, 03:26:53 pm #40 Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 03:29:26 pm by Shag66
Quote from: hogfan064 on February 27, 2006, 02:18:22 pm
Quote from: ThunderHog on February 27, 2006, 02:15:50 pm

I don't know, but everytime I turn on Cops they are in Little Rock.

It's because they are afraid to go to Memphis  :)

Oh, and I don't hate Calipari because he has a good team, I hate him because he is a PUNK.  He makes Huggins and Knight look like nice guys.  This sport doesn't need jackasses like him in it.

T2 RZB

I might have agreed with you before the last two to three weeks, but I watched Memphis play Tulsa Sat night and cannot concur.  They are a good team and maybe better talent-wise that most SEC teams this year, but IMO with their weak second half schedule (not their fault) they'll be prime for an eight or nine seed upset in round 2.

othermac

hahahahahahahahyaaaaaahahahahahahahahahayaaaaaahahahhahahaha.....whew boy, this quote just keeps getting funnier and funnier

Fletch

He certainly has built a very good program at Memphis. The question is though, did he do it honestly? I am not saying he cheated to build this team but his track record in that area is not that great. I don't like him because I have a hard time believing he has accomplished what he has at Memphis without bending the rules. I have no proof, just my belief and his reputation.
I feel like $100

HognotinMemphis

March 05, 2006, 09:58:40 pm #44 Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 10:01:01 pm by HoginMemphis
Quote from: Fletch on March 05, 2006, 02:17:06 pm
He certainly has built a very good program at Memphis. The question is though, did he do it honestly? I am not saying he cheated to build this team but his track record in that area is not that great. I don't like him because I have a hard time believing he has accomplished what he has at Memphis without bending the rules. I have no proof, just my belief and his reputation.

I bet if you met him, you wouldn't accuse him of that to his face. Wimp. 

I know him. He and his wife have been in my home.  I know others who know him and think highly of him. He's in a tough business for sure. Every coach in Div 1. has made or overseen minor infractions, if not major ones. Most don't do it intentionally...Calipari is not someone who would intentionally, knowingly cheat or break rules.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Fletch

I feel like $100

jrw11475

Quote from: dzeppfan77 on February 27, 2006, 02:26:41 pm
Memphis Tigers? They will be prepared for the NCAA Tourney alright. That tough conference schedule..Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, Southern Miss, Marshall, etc...I know they played a tough non-conference schedule but I think playing those teams back to back to back each week will be a disadvantage to pretty boy Calipari's team. They won't go far.

Yeah that conf usa is one tough one hah.  I hate Calipari.

Thrilbilly

March 05, 2006, 10:48:53 pm #47 Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 11:04:04 pm by Thrilbilly
I personally don't like the way he dissed the Hogs. It is BS saying another team is not good enough to play you. If he actually had any class at all he would not have had any comment on the subject.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Thrilbilly on March 05, 2006, 10:48:53 pm
I personally don't like the way he dissed the Hogs. It is BS saying another team is not good enough to play you. If he actually had any class at all he would not have had any comment on the subject.

Lot of us say things we would like to take back or in the heat of the moment or in a competitive spirit, not meaning ill will. I don't take that comment as being rude. If you do, then that makes you sound insecure.

othermac

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 06, 2006, 01:01:11 am
Quote from: Thrilbilly on March 05, 2006, 10:48:53 pm

Lot of us say things we would like to take back or in the heat of the moment or in a competitive spirit, not meaning ill will. I don't take that comment as being rude. If you do, then that makes you sound insecure.

calipari is an idiot, when he said he didnt want to play regional teams like arkansas and ole miss, we were 5 or 6 years removed from losing to ucla vying for back to back national championships. at the time he said it nolan was sleep walking thru the last years of his reign. so he totally disregarded the fact that we had more national prominence than any team in the region, memphis included, and apparently he assumed that just because your program is down today, it will never bounce back. and lastly, we scheduled their sorry a$$ when we were a top ten program. he has a bad memory and even worse logic when he doesnt figure programs run in cycles.