Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should Stan be fired Tomorrow?

Started by ThaRockArkansas, February 15, 2006, 09:38:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThaRockArkansas

If Frank really takes pride in being Athletic Director of his University, he will do whats right for the program and the state of Arkansas.  I was one that thought Stan should have went late last year when we were embarrassed by two horrible teams, in Tennessee and Auburn.  I felt for Stan in the LSU loss, but enough is enough.  No excuses; you should never lose to a team that horrible. 

Its obivous, Frank do the right thing and get rid of Stan.

Sorry Stan, but you needed to build your coaching prestige @ Tulsa

Razorback53

I doubt it will happen. If stan gets fired everything is going to come back again to what about huston ? hes still here and so on. I think he comes back next year like huston is and if they screw up they are gone

ThaRockArkansas

Quote from: Razorback53 on February 15, 2006, 09:40:31 pm
I doubt it will happen. If stan gets fired everything is going to come back again to what about huston ? hes still here and so on. I think he comes back next year like huston is and if they screw up they are gone

You think he'll be back next year ???

Hog_from_Tulsa

Quote from: ThaRockArkansas on February 15, 2006, 09:38:18 pm
        If Frank really takes pride in being Athletic Director of his University, he will do whats right for the program and the state of Arkansas.  I was one that thought Stan should have went late last year when we were embarrassed by two horrible teams, in Tennessee and Auburn.  I felt for Stan in the LSU loss, but enough is enough.  No excuses; you should never lose to a team that horrible. 

Hey......Tulsa can do better than Stan
"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

Thrilbilly

Nutt said upfront that he would have two losing years and got a pass. Heath should be doing better. I say we cut our losses.

Razorback53

Yeah I think he will be just so there wont be a big argument again like the one with nolan about sacism saying that nutt still has his job and won 4 games. If it was up to me he would of been gone before this season began

CiriusPorker

Stan should be allowed to finish the season...keep his dignity in tact.  But then give him the option to leave on his own, if he refuses (which he won't), fire him.

Number1fan

No.   Stan is the man.   give him more time and he will get us back on top.

100+GM HAWG

No, but he needs to be shown the door after the year is over.

He has been very classy off the court. He at least should get the chance to finish the season. We have to give him that.

But it's a no brainer that he has got to go. I've been saying since Christmas of '04!

Glad everyone is finally catching up..   ;D

hogman64

Yes.. I think the hogs would win more games the rest of the year with any of the assistant coaches acting as head coach.... Stan is not a good head coach and more than that he is a streak of bad luck flattening everything in his path..........This team needs some relief and a change of scenery...I think it would be like a breath of fresh air for the team to be rid of him..Replace him now with...................anyone.

GrizzledHogFan

No, he shouldn't be fired tomorrow...he should be fired tonight.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Razorback53

Stan is the man ? haha what r u smoking cuz I want some

ballhog™

Unless we have a miracle and make the big dance, it's time for a new coach.

Stan had a 3 year pass.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

leroyjenkins

Wasn't this suppose to be the best talent that Heath has had, combined with the SEC being down. That combo was suppose to give us the inside track to getting the program back on top. Nothing even close to this has happened. Wait I am wrong, indeed the SEC is down but we just slipped even lower to keep up......... Fire this kid, let IZZO have him as a recruiting coordinator or nanny or whatever who cares!

Sonofahog

Quote from: Number1fan on February 15, 2006, 09:45:45 pm

Stan,  how did you get on here so quick after another road choke?
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Razorback53

ThaRockArkansas

Quote from: ballhog on February 15, 2006, 09:49:25 pm

Stan had a 3 year pass.

Someone out there still believes this team can pull off a miracle ???....we'll only win 2 more games if not just 1...

Miss St.
and Alabama

we'll lose to Florida, Tennesse, and Georgia

Calling All Hogs

Stan officially declared after the game that he was disappointed. I feel better.

Topcat

They better fire this clown because we aint seen nothin yet. We already know this bunch will let go of the rope, they did it last year. FIRE HIM ASAP

ballhog™

who believes we can pull off a miracle?
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

ThaRockArkansas

We're the opposite of a miracle...whatever that is

Thrilbilly

I was thinking today about the seniors at Kent State when Heath was there. I wonder what they thought of Stan as a coach.

CiriusPorker

leggman131652002

nah dont fire him ..let him resign at the end of the year...and if he dont fire him...Frank is too busy hittin his new bride to worry about basketball ..cause he is shooting and scoring every night..lol

ballhog™

beating a team on the road would be a miracle at this point.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

ThaRockArkansas

Quote from: leggman131652002 on February 15, 2006, 10:10:59 pm
nah dont fire him ..let him resign at the end of the year...and if he dont fire him...Frank is too busy hittin his new bride to worry about basketball ..cause he is shooting and scoring every night..lol

LMAOOOOOOOOOFFF

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: ThaRockArkansas on February 15, 2006, 09:53:17 pm
Quote from: ballhog on February 15, 2006, 09:49:25 pm

Stan had a 3 year pass.

Someone out there still believes this team can pull off a miracle ???....we'll only win 2 more games if not just 1...

Miss St.
and Alabama

we'll lose to Florida, Tennesse, and Georgia

Sunshine does... :/

ThaRockArkansas

HogDodging

Quote from: ThaRockArkansas on February 15, 2006, 09:38:18 pm

He wouldn't fire Nutt.  What makes anybody think he'll fire Heath?

Hogs4Ever

Nutt has only had 2 bad years after consistently taking the Hogs to bowl games.  This will be Heath's FOURTH miserable patethic season with absolutely NO successes to point at in the past. 

I say don't fire him now, let him continue to make the rope necessary to hang his sorry arse.

PIGOPOTTIEMUS

i wouldnt want Tulsa to suffer with a bunch of L`s either    STAN HEATH = HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL

ThaRockArkansas

February 15, 2006, 10:19:21 pm #33 Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 10:20:57 pm by ThaRockArkansas
Losing @ Ole Miss is like going to Miss St. in football and losing

which should be in my opinion unacceptable no matter who you are

We've been embarrassed too many times and the numbers speak for themselves....

Atleast Houston has proven he can win.....Stan hasnt

CiriusPorker

getting a consistent game would be a miracle.

Texasbite

He should have been fired after the Kentucky game. 

ballhog™

"But heath has improved every year"

At this rate we could improve for the next 5 years and still not make the big dance.

Texasbite

We really need to fire Frank.  Our top 2 sports aren't even top 50 programs anymore.  We deserve and expect better performance.  I think the blue pill has harden Franks brain.

three

He's now 3-28 in SEC road games, does that not answer your question?
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

aspivey

[/si

ze]

>:(FIRE STAN TONIGHT!!!!!!!! >:(
The Great Dale Divider

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 15, 2006, 09:45:22 pm
Stan should be allowed to finish the season...keep his dignity in tact.  But then give him the option to leave on his own, if he refuses (which he won't), fire him.

Frank HIM AND HIS DIGNITY.  This is [CENSORED] ridiculous.  Am I the only one who remembers losing 5 or less games a season?  Am i the only one who remembers watching games that you wanted to record, instead of tiVo'ing them while you're out, and then deleting them before you even watch them?  I know a lot of you are older than me, and probably remember a whole lot more than me, but this is the last straw.  The teams and university I grew up loving and dreaming about playing for doesn't care about winning anymore.  The once top 5 AD in the country, is now only in the top 5 (maybe) in fundraising, not athletic performance.  I just listened to the FCJ commentary over on pignation and it was 100% the truth.  Everyone needs to go from Frank to HDN to John White, to Jim Lindsey, to Stan Heath, to anyone who agrees or even for one moment thinks that we should keep any of them.  This university has been bought and paid for.  They shouldn't even fund teams next season if they are not committed to winning, and obviously they are not. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

spacity1

U no thats tough for the ua to do, but I'll say this they CAN afford it!

cardinalhawg

Are you wanting them to use Hipsher or Ronny Thompson as an interim coach for the rest of the season.  Do you want them to bring Ron Brewer down from the stands to coach?

hogsrule44

ballhog™

the players deserve better, the fans deserve better.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

HatfieldHog

Quote from: Number1fan on February 15, 2006, 09:45:45 pm

You must be kidding!       Surely you jest!     SAD!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Calling All Hogs

Secret to becoming rich: Bet heavy on any team the hogs play on the road. 90 percent chance of winning every time!

spacity1

1 of the present coaches should be.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: cardinalhawg on February 15, 2006, 10:24:18 pm
Are you wanting them to use Hipsher or Ronny Thompson as an interim coach for the rest of the season.  Do you want them to bring Ron Brewer down from the stands to coach?

I dont give a shiite if they call me to bring my 4 year old daughter to coach, just get Heath the frick out of Fayetteville.  Let him go back to "Gettoville" aka detroit. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.