Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From Zeke Pike story: Was Trooper up for Cowboys coaching gig or cheerleading

Started by jbcarol, May 13, 2011, 11:09:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Pike: "Coach Trooper (Taylor), their receivers coach, turned down his favorite team of all-time, the Dallas Cowboys, to stay there."

QuoteWhile Pike's statement about Malzahn may or may not be accurate, at the very least it isn't completely unreasonable. Likewise his supposition that Mississippi State may not yet be in clear with the NCAA as it pertains to the recruitment of Cam and Cecil Newton. After all, MSU didn't report any NCAA irregularities involving Cecil Newton to the SEC or NCAA until after Cam had signed with Auburn.

In other words, even after MSU coaches knew of Cecil Newton's NCAA violation - which directly involved Cecil's solicitation of them - the Bulldogs tried to lure Cam Newton to Starkville to the very end.

But from what I was told by two sources inside the Dallas Cowboys organization today, Pike's comment about Auburn wide receivers coach Trooper Taylor and the NFL team is dead, flat false.

if Taylor didn't lie to Pike about a job offer from, as Pike put it on April 20, "Coach Trooper's .. favorite team of all time", where did Pike get the idea to make a claim that I've since confirmed through multiple sources within the Cowboys organization to be completely inaccurate?

Reporting by Brooks
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Dallas Morning News: Did the Cowboys want an Auburn Coach with Dez Bryant in his background?

Quote``If they thought they were going to (have) any NCAA allegations I think a lot of the coaches would have left," Pike said. "Coach (Gus) Malzahn turned down $15 million (from Vanderbilt) to stay there.
``Coach Trooper (Taylor) turned down his favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys, to stay there.''
Taylor is an assistant head coach with Auburn and also handles wide receivers. He is from Cuero, Texas, and played at Baylor.
Taylor was co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach at Oklahoma State in 2008. In that season, he worked with Dez Bryant, the Cowboys' first-round pick in last year's draft. As a rookie, Bryant pleased the Cowboys with his skills and infuriated them with his inability to be on time and grasp the playbook.
Did the Cowboys want Taylor to help bring along Bryant?
Possibly, but head coach Jason Garrett was set on bringing in Jimmy Robinson from Super Bowl champion as wide receivers coach. They had a decade-long friendship dating back to their time together with the New York Giants, and Robinson wanted to work with Garrett if he ever became a head coach.
Did Taylor say something that Pike could have misunderstood?
Possibly.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jb11

Talk about a little egg on your face.  Maybe that recruit's grandma knew what she was talking about last year when she said he was full of lies.

3BoarsDown

$100 Handshake

3BoarsDown

RAF

Trooper certainly has the tits (and high school mentality) to be a Dallas cheerleader.

Buff

So he was dumb enough to believe all that crap they fed him?  Let him take his dumbarse to Auburn then.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: diehardfan on May 13, 2011, 01:46:41 pm
Talk about a little egg on your face.  Maybe that recruit's grandma knew what she was talking about last year when she said he was full of lies.

Agree.  Sounds like she was dead on........I remember reading the article. Believe she also mentioned that the Auburn coaches were....."not real smart"......looks like she nailed that one too.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

$100 Handshake

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on May 13, 2011, 03:14:19 pm
Solomwi is the king of creating new screenames to go by.

I thought Solomwi wrote for the Birmingham News?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: $100 Handshake on May 16, 2011, 07:04:16 am
I thought Solomwi wrote for the Birmingham News?

"DA Bear"......It's time to flush this $MU-BARN TROLL! Him absolutely brings NOTHING to Hogville!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: tusksincolorado on May 16, 2011, 07:46:29 am
"DA Bear"......It's time to flush this $MU-BARN TROLL! Him absolutely brings NOTHING to Hogville!

No use singling this guy out. All Auburn trolls bring nothing to the table and should be flushed!

RAF

Quote from: CallMeHog on May 16, 2011, 01:10:01 pm
No use singling this guy out. All Auburn trolls bring nothing to the table and should be flushed!
Well, get to work, "Global Moderator".

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: dxf04 on May 16, 2011, 01:37:35 pm
Well, get to work, "Global Moderator".

Unfortunately I am not a "global" administrator. If I was I would ban them all.