Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

R.I.P. Arkansas Razorbacks 1994-2005

Started by JamesWParks, October 12, 2005, 07:09:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorHog

okay, so a fan is gone.  what we all need to be asking is "How many more out there are joining him without writing a manifesto about on an Internet board?"

some of a college football coach's job is to keep the faithful faithful.  personally I find Mack Brown to be a terrible game day coach and a general all around joke as a coach.  he is an incredible recruiter and HE KEEPS HORN FANS WHIPPED INTO A FRENZY.  since he has gotten there merchandise sales in that awful orange color have gone through the roof.

is that a coach's main job?  nope.  but it's a nice fringe benefit that comes when you get nine or ten wins a year...

and it's clearly yet another area where HDN has failed us.  we're coming apart ... and it looks like now it's not just an unraveling on the field we're witnessing...  very sad.
You will salute these Hog Clusters, Mister!

Hate'em?  Tell'em so!

www.HornHater.com - an official sponsor of Hogville.net

EricThePig

James,

I thoroughly enjoyed your original post. It was one of those where you read it, sit back and ponder it, and you feel very satisfied. Wish there were more well thought and well written post out there. And then to read other folks make quick snide remarks back at you - perhaps they don't realize the emotion that is there. I hate to use this worn-out phrase, but I feel your pain, and I felt it all through while reading your post.

Press on!

Eric

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: EricThePig on October 12, 2005, 09:47:49 pm
James,

I thoroughly enjoyed your original post. It was one of those where you read it, sit back and ponder it, and you feel very satisfied. Wish there were more well thought and well written post out there. And then to read other folks make quick snide remarks back at you - perhaps they don't realize the emotion that is there. I hate to use this worn-out phrase, but I feel your pain, and I felt it all through while reading your post.

Press on!

Eric

Great post, and managed to get through it without calling the guy a fair weather fan or complaining about him somehow.  Pretty interesting that none of the huggers could say that.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 12, 2005, 09:43:15 pm
Quote from: NuttsSacked on October 12, 2005, 09:38:18 pm
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 12, 2005, 09:31:24 pm
Was it sincere Nutts? Or was it sarcasm? Could have been either huh?

BTW, it's "ass", not "@$$". Where did you learn to spell? ;D

Sarcasm? So you agree with James now?

You are a bonafide liar, Tulsa. You'll say anything to win an argument.

There you go with that nasty namecalling again.  That seems to happen with you when you can't win an argument, which seems to occur frequently.

Now, exactly what did I "lie" about? 

CHECKMATE! You lose again!  You can't find that either.

Now think of a really nasty name. 8)

Calling you a "liar" is not nasty.  I call them like I see 'em.  Here's another tip for you...  Liars typically respond to questions by asking questions.  Don't do that.  You further incriminate yourself by doing so.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: MajorHog on October 12, 2005, 09:46:31 pm
okay, so a fan is gone. what we all need to be asking is "How many more out there are joining him without writing a manifesto about on an Internet board?"

some of a college football coach's job is to keep the faithful faithful. personally I find Mack Brown to be a terrible game day coach and a general all around joke as a coach. he is an incredible recruiter and HE KEEPS HORN FANS WHIPPED INTO A FRENZY. since he has gotten there merchandise sales in that awful orange color have gone through the roof.

is that a coach's main job? nope. but it's a nice fringe benefit that comes when you get nine or ten wins a year...

and it's clearly yet another area where HDN has failed us. we're coming apart ... and it looks like now it's not just an unraveling on the field we're witnessing... very sad.

Disagree Major.

You can bet your Hog Snout that if HDN was not leading a money-making program, JFB WOULD be pushing him on out the door.

JFB himself has referred to the great strides the program has made under HDN. The University rakes in $3 mill per weekend when there is a game on the Hill.  Now is that all because of HDN?  Obviously not.  But he has been the coach during all this growth period.  It seems to me that financially, the Hogs are doing quite well.

Heck!  We're still paying a coach to no longer coach for us.  Ok, it's  in a different sport, but you know what I mean.

Buff

can i have your hog stuff?  can't let it waste away in the yard

TulsaHawg

Quote from: NuttsSacked on October 12, 2005, 09:51:36 pm

There you go with that nasty namecalling again. That seems to happen with you when you can't win an argument, which seems to occur frequently.

CHECKMATE! You lose again! You can't find that either.

Calling you a "liar" is not nasty. I call them like I see 'em. Here's another tip for you... Liars typically respond to questions by asking questions. Don't do that. You further incriminate yourself by doing so.

Still waiting for the "lie".............

You hate to be pinned down to specifics don't you? You are much more comfortable spouting off insults and accusations then running, popping back up and doing it again. 

Again, about what did I lie?  Show me specifically.

TulsaHogFan

Then why are we not getting a politician to be coach.  Bush raised how much during his campain? 

Raising money is not a reason to keep a coach.  Its a reason to like a coach, but not to keep him.

I love your logic TulsaHawg, its sooooo sporatic, and you can link anything you want.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 12, 2005, 09:55:21 pm
Then why are we not getting a politician to be coach. Bush raised how much during his campain?

Raising money is not a reason to keep a coach. Its a reason to like a coach, but not to keep him.

I love your logic TulsaHawg, its sooooo sporatic, and you can link anything you want.

Please refer back to the poster's reference to Mack Brown and how people like him, even though some consider him to not be a good coach.

Just go back and read it....it's like a mosaic, beautifully woven together within
the fabric of this thread....with each jot and tittle carefully and skillfully linked together.

TulsaHogFan

Mack Brown - Been to a BCS Bowl.

HDN - Never Had A Chance To Even Be Invited.

Pretty big difference.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 12, 2005, 10:00:18 pm
Mack Brown - Been to a BCS Bowl.

HDN - Never Had A Chance To Even Be Invited.

Pretty big difference.

You didn't go back and read the context.  So there you are out in left field.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 12, 2005, 09:55:16 pm

There you go with that nasty namecalling again. That seems to happen with you when you can't win an argument, which seems to occur frequently.

Calling you a "liar" is not nasty. I call them like I see 'em. Here's another tip for you... Liars typically respond to questions by asking questions. Don't do that. You further incriminate yourself by doing so.

You hate to be pinned down to specifics don't you? You are much more comfortable spouting off insults and accusations then running, popping back up and doing it again.

Again, about what did I lie? Show me specifically.

You are not going to waste any more of my time.  Alas, I can't expect someone as twisted as you to recognize a lie...especially one of their own. 

whatsshakinbacon

For all the folks defending Nutt because he's bringing so much money into the program, imagine how much more it would make if a great coach were getting 8-10 wins per season?  Ticket prices would go to 40-45-50 bucks a pop and I'd be glad to pay that to see a winner.

Don't think Frank's so shortsighted that he doesn't realize this.  I believe our ticket prices are among the lowest in the SEC, am I right?

Bacon out...

TulsaHawg

Quote from: NuttsSacked on October 12, 2005, 10:02:26 pm
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 12, 2005, 09:55:16 pm

Again, about what did I lie? Show me specifically.

You are not going to waste any more of my time. Alas, I can't expect someone as twisted as you to recognize a lie...especially one of their own.

Told you you couldn't do it.  Know why?  Read carefully.....because I DID NOT LIE!!!!!!!!!  See how simple that was.  Why you continue to make things up, I don't know. 

whatsshakinbacon

But he said "alas"...anybody with such poetic abilities has to be right!

Bacon out...

TulsaHawg

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on October 12, 2005, 10:03:00 pm
For all the folks defending Nutt because he's bringing so much money into the program, imagine how much more it would make if a great coach were getting 8-10 wins per season? Ticket prices would go to 40-45-50 bucks a pop and I'd be glad to pay that to see a winner.

Don't think Frank's so shortsighted that he doesn't realize this. I believe our ticket prices are among the lowest in the SEC, am I right?

Bacon out...

Right there with LSU's.  Bama's were $40.  Southern Cal's tickets were around $45.

So are you saying if we got a really good coach we could keep our ticket prices at $35 for Les Miles, or raise them 10 bucks for Pete Carroll?

Huh????

whatsshakinbacon

Frank would go up to 40 or 45 and have a full house for every game if we had a great coach.

That's what I'm saying.

Bacon out...

hogfan11

gosh people don't be so negative...show some team spirit

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: hogfan11 on October 12, 2005, 10:12:22 pm
gosh people don't be so negative...show some team spirit

I'm not negative - I'm positive that HDN couldn't coach himself out of a paper sack.

Bacon out...

TulsaHawg

October 13, 2005, 08:18:22 am #69 Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 09:41:35 am by TulsaHawg
Quote from: PulledPork on October 12, 2005, 10:18:53 pm
"You can bet your Hog Snout that if HDN was not leading a money-making program, JFB WOULD be pushing him on out the door."
You claim this was "beautifully woven" into this thread, but I believe this came directly from you.
If memory serves me correctly, Enron was bringing in a lot of money by it's leaders, until........you guessed, someone figured out, "Hey, something doesn't smell right!" And apparently, that is one of the senses that Frank has lost.
Concerning some one's comment about the "Darksiders". Think about that just for a minute. I think that term would fit the "Nutt Huggers" better because you are gently veiled in

You think if the program was not making money, and if the attendance figures were not being sustained at a high level ( by Arkansas historical standards), JFB would not have already made a change?

hawkeyefan17

When things get rough, you stick with your team. Just becasuse you don't like a few situations, which are out of your control (media portrayls of the program and people within the athletic department), don't go running for the hills. Now is the time when you say "Heck yeah I am a die hard Razorback fan, but I am pissed at the way things are right now"

Are you willing to get tough when things are going bad? You stay with your team no matter what and when the high points of your program come those feelings of joy you feel for the team are all the more greater.

Bowling Green Falcons? Colorado State? Are you from Arkansas? You can like or enjoy watching other schools but your loyalty should be in one place. I'm an Iowa Hawkeye fan, do I all of the sudden run to the side of Iowa State and root for them instead of my Hawkeyes because they have our number recently in football? Or do I quit rooting for the Hawkeyes in basketball because we can't seem to beat Northern Iowa anymore? No, because I grew up a Hawkeye, I have always been and will always be a Hawkeye.

James, you need to go through a few rough spots before you go off like that. Maybe we should just right it off as your emotions getting the best of you because I would hate to see you give up now because when the good times come around for Arkansas you won't have any right to come back and say something like "Man this is awesome!!!! Remember just a few years ago when things were going really bad for the Hogs?" "Man those were bad times but this 10 or 11 win season sure does feel great after all we've been through."

All fans go through dark days where they can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and they just don't see how things could get any worse, it's all about how you manage them.

These are not the dark days of Arkansas football because THINGS AREN'T THAT BAD. The Hogs are coming off a 5-6 season and this season is not even over and some fans act like this is the tenth consecutive loosing season for the program.

James, what if the Hogs were this bad:

1998- 3-8
1999- 1-10
2000 3-9

I'd hate to see what you would post after that kind of a stretch. Don't give up James.

I guess now would be a good time to point out that I am a lifelong, die hard Chicago Cubs fan.