Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"The Huddle"

Started by CycloneHog, October 12, 2005, 12:12:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CycloneHog

What happened to "The Huddle" on Fox in NWA?  I tried to tune in today and King of the Hill is on.

Please don't tell me Marty Houston's been dumped from the airways.  The Huddle is the best show on television!

Anyone have any insight?

hawkeyefan17

I know Marty has been doing the show from Little Rock without Ernie for a while now. I think that was temporary until they got the Fort Smith setup back up but I think the last show from Fort Smith was done in late June maybe early July. So maybe they finally got the equipment they have been waiting for and are in the process of moving the show back to Fort Smith?

I thought I heard Marty a few weeks ago talk with Grant Hall on air about possibly moving the show's timeslot back to it's original 5pm time. I did not know until that conversation that they had had any other slot besides the current 12:00pm slot.

So, my guess is either they are in the process of moving the show back, they moved the timeslot or Marty had some business meetings to attend out of town and couldn't do the show.

I watch the show pretty frequently but it is a little weird to watch at times.

The show was much better when Ernie was on the show with Marty. Hopefully they bring him back soon.

DevilHog

The Huddle is in no way a better television show than King of the Hill. Hank and the boys are pure entertainment.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: DevilHog on October 12, 2005, 12:45:59 pm
The Huddle is in no way a better television show than King of the Hill. Hank and the boys are pure entertainment.

Plus Hank knows more about sports than Marty.

HogFather

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on October 12, 2005, 12:41:18 pm
The show was much better when Ernie was on the show with Marty. Hopefully they bring him back soon.

Is that a joke?

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: HogFather on October 12, 2005, 12:58:02 pm
Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on October 12, 2005, 12:41:18 pm

Is that a joke?

If it wasn't it should of been.

GorillaJMonsoon

Fox Arkansas is a joke.  The commericals are cut in half (they play the first half of one and the last half of another), and the volume on commercials is ten times the volume of the shows.  They play the same episode of some shows over and over. (Last week they played the same episode of the Simpsons 3 times) The huddle sometimes goes without sound for long periods of time (not that I am complaining about this) and I even saw one Huddle where the lights in the studio went off for a few minutes and Marty was just sitting there in the dark.  I have tried to find a way to contact Fox Arkansas somehow but the only phone number I could find got me an answering machine that told me that it couldn't hold any more messages because it was full.  Community Access Television and the U of A TV station are more professionally done than Fox Arkansas.  I think they must have 3 employees total, including Marty and Ernie.  I don't have anything against Marty and Ernie personally, but they have no support and they have to suffer the consequences of the ineptitude of Fox Arkansas.  My friends are opening a restaurant in NWA and I told them to NEVER advertise on Fox.  They wouldn't be able to contact anyone there even if they DID want to.

hogsanity

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on October 12, 2005, 01:32:41 pm
Fox Arkansas is a joke. The commericals are cut in half (they play the first half of one and the last half of another), and the volume on commercials is ten times the volume of the shows. They play the same episode of some shows over and over. (Last week they played the same episode of the Simpsons 3 times) The huddle sometimes goes without sound for long periods of time (not that I am complaining about this) and I even saw one Huddle where the lights in the studio went off for a few minutes and Marty was just sitting there in the dark. I have tried to find a way to contact Fox Arkansas somehow but the only phone number I could find got me an answering machine that told me that it couldn't hold any more messages because it was full. Community Access Television and the U of A TV station are more professionally done than Fox Arkansas. I think they must have 3 employees total, including Marty and Ernie. I don't have anything against Marty and Ernie personally, but they have no support and they have to suffer the consequences of the ineptitude of Fox Arkansas. My friends are opening a restaurant in NWA and I told them to NEVER advertise on Fox. They wouldn't be able to contact anyone there even if they DID want to.

They are operating at a huge disadvantage right now because of the morons in charge of the city of Ft SMith.  FOx built a new studio and the city wont let them put up a small micrwave transmitter to get the signal from their new studio to their main trnasmitter, they are working on getting this solved.  Thats why Marty has been going to LR EVERy FREAKING DAY for months now to do the show.  WHen they get it done, they will move the Huddle to 5pm.  THanks goodness cause the 5pm newscasts hee stink ( as do the 6 and 10 ).
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogFather

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on October 12, 2005, 01:32:41 pm
Fox Arkansas is a joke. The commericals are cut in half (they play the first half of one and the last half of another), and the volume on commercials is ten times the volume of the shows. They play the same episode of some shows over and over. (Last week they played the same episode of the Simpsons 3 times) The huddle sometimes goes without sound for long periods of time (not that I am complaining about this) and I even saw one Huddle where the lights in the studio went off for a few minutes and Marty was just sitting there in the dark. I have tried to find a way to contact Fox Arkansas somehow but the only phone number I could find got me an answering machine that told me that it couldn't hold any more messages because it was full. Community Access Television and the U of A TV station are more professionally done than Fox Arkansas. I think they must have 3 employees total, including Marty and Ernie. I don't have anything against Marty and Ernie personally, but they have no support and they have to suffer the consequences of the ineptitude of Fox Arkansas. My friends are opening a restaurant in NWA and I told them to NEVER advertise on Fox. They wouldn't be able to contact anyone there even if they DID want to.
Does not matter what show you are watching the sound and the picture will always f-up.  I am a fan of 24 and every episode last season something messed up whether it be sound, the picture like a scratched DVD, or the sound did not match up with the picture like a kung-fu movie.

hogsanity

WHere do you live, and are you getting the signal off cable or antenna?  I get it off antenna and have no problems. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogFather

HogFather

Quote from: hogsanity on October 12, 2005, 04:01:28 pm
WHere do you live, and are you getting the signal off cable or antenna? I get it off antenna and have no problems.

Fort smith near Ben Geren park.

hogsanity

I live in Fianna Hills, maybe being on a hill makes the difference.  I like Marty, and my wife used to work at 46 ( also at 40 at one time ).  Marty does well with what he has benn given to work with. 

HogFather

Quote from: hogsanity on October 12, 2005, 04:08:52 pm
I live in Fianna Hills, maybe being on a hill makes the difference. I like Marty, and my wife used to work at 46 ( also at 40 at one time ). Marty does well with what he has benn given to work with.

I enjoy Marty, don't much care for Ernie.  Seems like all he does is make fun of Marty and forces his opinion like he is always right and Marty is always wrong.  Example:  week before last, Marty and Ernie were discussing the Florida and Alabama game and all Ernie would do is YELL "GO GATORS" for his argument.  I know that is a terrible example, I guess he just rubs me the wrong way.  Maybe it is his voice, kind of whiney.

HogDodging

Quote from: CycloneHog on October 12, 2005, 12:12:16 pm
The Huddle is the best show on television!

As compared to what? 

Every time I turn that show on, the only callers I hear are Otis Kirk and Grant Hall, so I quit watching it.  I'd rather drink bleach than listen to either one of those guys.

OklaU

I get a little tired of Grant Hall.  "Well you know one time I was at the airport and I ran into this guy who was a bat boy for the 1954 Cardinals, you know when they had that great rain storm where people ran out of the stadium and rushed to buy a hot dog, only to find out they didn't have any buns".

He goes on and on and on..... SHUT UP.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

hawkeyefan17

When I first moved here to Bentonville I used to watch "The Huddle" because I just couldn't believe something like that would be on TV. I used to get a good laugh out of Marty but then the show grew on me and I watch everyday. I guess I just love sports talk. The show grew on me because Marty seems like one of the nicest guys in the world and I love it when Ernie give Marty a hard time. Grant Hall gives good info sometimes. I really appreciate Marty's homerness.

The Cardinals talk on the show drives me crazy.