Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McFadden on the Stats Board

Started by BARCH, October 11, 2005, 08:06:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BARCH

Anyone notice on ESPN stats page that McFadden is about number 61 in rushing leaders for NCAA, but first for Yards Per Carry with 9.1 - the next closest is ReggieMcNeal with 8.3. Felix and Howard are not too far behind, and that says enough for the running attack.

Needless to say we are NOT on the board for passing - WE NEED BALANCE!! :razorback:

silvertip

Thanks Barch. I've seen a lot of people asking where to find football stats/rankings. I'll pass on the 3 best sites I know.

(1) Secsports.com  On here you can find most every stat & SEC ranking you want.

(2) For national rankings and stats for EVERY team in the country go to ncaa.org
I still haven't learned to do "links" but I can get you to the exact page you need by using "google." Go to google.com & for your search enter "ncaa football stats"
When the search results appear, DON"T use the first, blue-highlighted site from AOL. Use the first one below that, titled "NCAA FOOTBALL STATISTICS" Check to make sure it's an "ncaa.org" site. When you click on that, it'll take you to the page you need. This is the page I "bookmark" for future reference. On that page, click on DIV 1A & DIV 1-AA on the left. On the next page, you will see on the right "Team Reports." Click on that & it will display the names of all 117 teams. Click on , for example, Arkansas, & it will display evry stat for team D, team O, scoring O & D, kicking game, etc. Not only the stats in yards, but how the team ranks nationally & within the SEC in each stat.

Scroll down below the "team" stats & it will show you the individual players in each category & how they rank nationally. You can do this for every team.

There are a lot of other stats on this site such as team & player rankings in each individual category. You can see all the players listed for rushing, passing efficiency etc. Explore & be amazed.

(3) For a history of W-L records for all the schools, go again to "google" & enter "jhowell.com." There will be several sites listed. You need the one that says something like "historical records for schools listed alphabetically." You can look at Arkansas's record for every year---including the W-L records of who we played & including bowl games. I would suggest for example, look at the '98 & '99 seasons & check the records of teams like LSU & Alabama. Then watch those teams records as each year passes & you'll see why the Hawgs are not doing as well now as in '98 & '99.

For anyone that has questions about stats & rankings & records, I think these 3 sites will give you most of what you need. Can someone tell me where to find historical records for individual player's stats & rankungs? Might be in some of these same sites & I just haven' found it yet.

Bomis Hawg

tophawg19

3 overall in rushing , 113 in passing .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PigInGulfport

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 11, 2005, 06:31:54 pm

Not hard to be #3 in rushing when you play a Div 1AA team and our latest victim.  Some good High School teams could have padded their rushing stats against those two!!!!
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

arkhogball

Quote from: PigInGulfport on October 11, 2005, 07:48:00 pm

Not hard to be #3 in rushing when you play a Div 1AA team and our latest victim. Some good High School teams could have padded their rushing stats against those two!!!!

What about our rushing stats against Bama.  I don't think they are I-AA

corndo

Yes, I think the rushing yards per carry is the most impressive thing about what the freshmen have done so far this year. Of course, as the competition gets stiffer those averages are expected to go down somewhat - impressive none the less!

PigInGulfport

Quote from: arkhogball on October 11, 2005, 10:34:41 pm

Not hard to be #3 in rushing when you play a Div 1AA team and our latest victim. Some good High School teams could have padded their rushing stats against those two!!!!

What about our rushing stats against Bama. I don't think they are I-AA

LOL, you got that right, however, 483 against Div 1AA Missouri State and 321 against La Monroe really pads those stats for sure. 

Less than 200 v Vandy for CRYING out LOUD and less than 200 v USC.  Do ya think Bama might have been a anomaly??

Like I said, the stats are WAY PADDED with  Missour St and La Monroe.

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

arkhogball

Quote from: PigInGulfport on October 12, 2005, 07:18:20 pm
Quote from: arkhogball on October 11, 2005, 10:34:41 pm

Not that I'm saying we are all that (because I know ew aren't), but almost every D-1A school pads there stats against lesser opponents. 

What about our rushing stats against Bama. I don't think they are I-AA

LOL, you got that right, however, 483 against Div 1AA Missouri State and 321 against La Monroe really pads those stats for sure.

Less than 200 v Vandy for CRYING out LOUD and less than 200 v USC. Do ya think Bama might have been a anomaly??

Like I said, the stats are WAY PADDED with Missour St and La Monroe.