Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Okay, if Johnson gets or stays hurt....

Started by TULAWHOG, August 21, 2005, 02:08:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TULAWHOG

who do you think should get the nod, based on the scrimmage (not on what the coaches say happened at practice).
A lot of the defense was out or limited, so that's even more inexusable for poor performance.
My contention for top back up:

1. Barthel-- He just looked so much better than Mort.  His passes were much better/more accurate and the offense moved and scored while he was at the reins.  He also moved the 2nd team offense against the "first team" defense very effectively.  He was mobile and seemed more poised.  His only flaw was more of a poor play call than anything else.  It was 3rd and 29 and we call a play with, I'm pretty sure, only had a one receiver route.  So, the defense double teamed him and an interception was pretty predictable (hopefully HDN won't call that play when it counts, in that situation)

2.Dick-- (even though it would probably be smarter to red-shirt him): He just seems like a better physical talent than Mort.  He threw nice balls and moved the offense as well.  He's also mobile and is very involved in the game as far as encouraging players and team morale.

3. Mort-- He played with the first team offense the most and wasn't very effective.  He missed Baker on in the red zone when baker was running a like a 15 yard crossing route and had his man beat by like 5 yards and mort threw it behind him and Baker couldn't pull it in.  I know that's just one play but Mort doesn't have a very strong arm, nor is he mobile, his asset is supposed to be accuracy.  That was a pass he must make in the red zone and I think he was the least accurate of the three (I know Barthel was better).