Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Preseason Poll -- To Feed The Obsession.

Started by Bomis Hawg, August 19, 2005, 08:19:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomis Hawg

Jeff Sagarin

He's not believing in the Bama hype, has them in the 40s.  The Hogs are knocking at 30.

PerryHog

PorcineSublime

Well, as long as they use two diametrical opposites, I guess its ok.  ;) At someone is showing us some love.WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

LSUFan

OU got spanked like a 1 legged team from the School for the Deaf and Blind in the NC game, and they are number 2?!?!?

Torqued pork

August 20, 2005, 09:43:19 am #5 Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 09:53:22 am by Bubbaswinestein
I despise both, but I think Stoops will find a way to beat Mac yet again. If OU finishes the season at #2, it will only be because the BIG TWELVE is so pathetic!

Bomis Hawg

Sagarin is a good rating to follow, if you do follow any others.  It has the normal poll coupled with a poll that (based on his formula) will show where the team will finish.  Good stuff.

wincrimson

'Bama in the 40's? Yeah, if we have more bad luck I'd say that'd be a very accurate prediction.

A healthy team wins 7 or 8 IMO.

Bomis Hawg

Bama should finish higher.  But, the Top 25 ranking early might seem a little bit too much right now. 

wincrimson

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 20, 2005, 10:26:02 am
Bama should finish higher. But, the Top 25 ranking early might seem a little bit too much right now.

I agree. People forget, we aren't even fully healed from last season. Out of all the injuries from last season, Croyle is the only man at 100%. Darby and Castille are using that "I'm taking it day by day. I'm about 95%." BS. If you are say you are 95%, then your most likely closer to 50%. They need to med redshirt Castille. His backup is a very good player in his own right and it wouldn't be a noticeable dropoff if McClain replaced him for this season. I can see it now... him out there limping around getting torn up. You watch though, that's what'll  happen. It always does with Bama.

arkhogball

I don't think Shula has shown that he can coach average talent.  So why would anyone rank them in the top 25.  It's the same old thing every year... bama getting more respect than they have earned.(the last 10 years) 

I wish that man from Fordyce, AR would have had a chance to coach on the hill.  Then it would be us in the preseason top 25 every year, when in reality being a top 50 team.

bama my beat the Hogs this year at their place, but I don't think bama is close to being top 25.  I agree with Jeff Sargarin.