Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cbssportsline.com worthless bowl predictions....

Started by dzeppfan77, August 19, 2005, 04:44:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dzeppfan77

August 19, 2005, 04:44:24 pm Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 04:46:14 pm by dzeppfan77
Yep, you guessed it,  they don't have the Hogs going to a bowl. They do have Miss State going to one though. Unbelievable! Just more motivation.

Bomis Hawg

They have MSU ahead of Arkansas in their preseason rag.  I really didn't put much into it after I skimmed through it.  Athlons, Phil Steele... definitely have more rep than those guys.

Biggus Piggus

Oh my goodness, that's a new low.  Mississippi State to a bowl.  Wow.  That's going to be bad wrong.
[CENSORED]!

Jerry Swinefeld

Don't see how they can figure that one.
Even if Murray St. counts as a bowl-qualifying win, I can see only 4, maybe 5 victories.
I'm giving them wins against Murray, Tulane, Houston and Kentucky...and maybe Old Mrs.
Kentucky and Tulane are on the road though, so they are not gimmees.

Follow this link and check out their schedule

http://www.mstateathletics.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=6118

Torqued pork

They also have So. Carolina going to the Peach Bowl to play Florida St.  Bowden vs. Spurrier would be a dream match for TV execs and the Peach Bowl, but it's only slightly more plausible than MSU in a bowl. I love their coverage of the SEC, but whomever makes their predictions is way off.

tulsahog36

This is very easy to call:  they want MSU in a bowl because they want Croom to do well so they can praise him.   Bottom line, he may indeed do well, but as going into to this season the talent level at MSU is rock bottom in the SEC West.  They will do well to win 2 SEC games.  That is no knock on Croom, Sherill left him nothing.  It takes longer than 1 year to revive a dead football program void of talent. 

wincrimson

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: wincrimson on August 20, 2005, 10:25:34 am
MSU in a bowl over Ark? No frickin way

I think Vandy has a much better chance of getting to a bowl with the best QB in the SEC than MSU....puleeeeeeeeeeeze.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on August 20, 2005, 09:13:50 am
I love their coverage of the SEC, but whomever makes their predictions is way off.

Wonder how much you'll love it this year?  If the hogs don't beat USC or Alabama we may not see the hogs on tv much.  And losing both those games away could very well happen.