Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perhaps it's because I'm from Fort Smith....

Started by PiggyBack, January 03, 2008, 07:46:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

seb2000

Quote from: HillCreature on January 04, 2008, 03:05:30 am
I love how people in Arkie act like Ft. Smith and NWA are some kind of freaking metropolis too. LOL. That makes my day everytime some breeder from Arkie talks about Fayetteville and it's 70,000 residents as if it were Houston. Hell it's not even Tulsa. Hell even Little Rock's not even Tulsa and Tulsa ain't crap. Thats all.

Hell...

seb2000

Quote from: HillCreature on January 04, 2008, 02:54:18 am
The difference between OU and Arkie.
Arkie gets blown out in their bowl and nobody in Oklahoma gives a crap. OU gets blown out in their bowl and Arkies are all in a tither like they think they won something. Jealousy. OU=nationally relevant. Arkie=Who?

You are something special...wonderful...boy o' boy...wax that logic...preach that gospel...sell that *&^%...what a voice...what a message...sign it to the heavens...god bless you.  Hero, plain and simple.

bao187

Quote from: Matt Burks on January 04, 2008, 11:43:36 am
Why some of us hate OU so much isn't because of the program, it is because of the classless arrogance fans like you display. Many of the fans I met can't just be proud of their program, they seem to be conceited about it...which is why people tend to hate OU.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

cbone01

Quote from: ScottFaldon on January 04, 2008, 12:27:05 pm
Negative. They should spend as much of their money in Fort Smith as possible.

Just quit coming to a complete stop before making a right turn off a street and into a parking lot. Sure, you should slow down. But you don't have to come to a complete stop.

dragonfan, you can't blame local shows for talking about OU. The radio signal doesn't stop at the border.

Also, they need to wash that dust off their cars once in a while.  Seems like every green tagger I see has a 1/2 inch thick film covering their car. 
Makes you wonder if Sequoyah and LeFlore counties have any paved roads.

HOGansHero

The worst thing about Fort Smith is the green taggers coming over...Yes, it can be HE double hockey sticks living with them, but it was great for awhile when the HOGS put it to them in the Orange Bowl 31-6.  Fort Smith was a great place to live then.  ;D  :razorback:

hogsailor

See what you started Piggyback.

I guess Christmas break isn't over yet for you.

You need to get a real job during these times and quit thinking so much... :P

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

OLDHOG

I work in Ft. Smith and I hate OU also. VERY ARROGANT FANS>

Bigfoot

dman

Quote from: SWAhog on January 03, 2008, 08:42:42 pm
The only time I pull for OU is when they play Texas.
Amen, only when they play Texas.  Wally World on So. Zero sells more osu and sooner crap than Hogs, and that ain't right.

grayhawg

Watch the "Stoops loses 4 BCS bowls in a row" thread, the sooner fans over there are bad.

sozo

Quote from: HAM ELLIOT on January 03, 2008, 08:03:46 pm
I have come to the conclusion that most OU fans are pure 100% idiot.  I have not met one that had any common sense.  I am not saying there are not any, but I damn sure have not met them. 

Hi!My name is Rob.You have now.
Love my sooners like you love your hogs.I realize you can't win them all.The only time I get to boasting a little is when someone begins to down the program.Since 1950 we have won a national championship 7 times,around every 8 years,I guess we are about due again!

Hornkiller

Is it just me or is it worse that there are tons of Texas gear floating around NWA and the river valley. OU I understand since they're so close and every bandwagon fan is trying to jump on. But Texas?

Welcome to sports commercialization.... Where it doesn't matter where you live you can buy your favorite team, as long as your team sells. Yes in NWA and Fort Smith you can get all the OU gear you want. And at the mall you can also get Texas, Notre Dame, Michigan, USC and even North Carolina. Guess what go to Tulsa and there is no shortage of Razorback gear. Shoot I visited Norman in the mid-90's and they were selling Tennessee jersey's. Tennessee??? 

Now why anyone in Norman who didn't grow up or graduate from Tennessee would want the neon Orange is beyond me. It's not close and it's not even in the Big XII. But then again I'm not a marketing person. I guess it's cool for the kids to wear whoever the hot team is at the time. It's still America so you can still make a buck. Yeah it surprises me how much OU stuff is floating around NWA, but if the demand wasn't there the supply wouldn't be.

PigglyWiggly

Quote from: PiggyBack on January 03, 2008, 07:46:18 pm
...and Fort Smith is right on the border, but

I HATE OU!

The beatdown that WVU put on Bob "The Baby" Stoops was awesome and I loved every minute of it.  Growing up in Fort Smith I have had to see all of our stores carry OU crap my entire life and it just makes me sick!  As far as I'm concerned, the only good thing to come out of OK is Interstate 40. 

+1, exact same position here. never  has a beatdown like that been so much fun to watch!

phead903

Before the days of umpteen gazillion games being shown on tv each weekend, you got only 1 national broadcast and maybe 1 regional broadcast.  Now with ESPN, FoxSports, LFN, etc. and satellite, you can see games from around the country at any time in any place.  Young kids have much more disposable income than in the past and they are the ones that are tuned into the latest fads.  So whether they see the Longhorns on tv, or see Matt McConaghey wearing a UT shirt or one of the kids on "the Hills" wearing a Stanford hoodie, they want to have a choice of logo wear.  And if they can't get it locally, it's very easy to order from the net.

It's a global economy, folks, and it has had an impact on collegiate licensed apparel just like everything else.

haveabeer

People in Norman buy Tenn gear for deer season.

JoePaul03

Also, just an observation---Many Latinos from South Texas and just over the line in Mexico have moved to this area over the past several years, and many of them that I am acquainted with are Longhorns fans. That probably accounts for at least part of the Texas stuff.
WCOB, 2003

SpiritHog

You will find it humorous that Jimmy the "Geek" said Stoops should be fired during Sports in the Fort.  Oh of course it was tongue in cheek but it got some OU callers riled up.  BTW I believe he is a Waldron boy.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

dakpowers

Quote from: Hawianiceman on January 04, 2008, 12:44:46 am
What the hell are you talking about, Radiohead gives nobody a bad rep
If you would have read closer (if you could read), you'd have seen that your nonsensical, unintelligent posts give Radiohead fans a bad rep.

EDIT: Three Six Mafia. That fits your intelligence better. Thank you for complying.

HillCreature

Quote from: Hornkiller on January 04, 2008, 05:31:44 pm
Is it just me or is it worse that there are tons of Texas gear floating around NWA and the river valley. OU I understand since they're so close and every bandwagon fan is trying to jump on. But Texas?

Welcome to sports commercialization.... Where it doesn't matter where you live you can buy your favorite team, as long as your team sells. Yes in NWA and Fort Smith you can get all the OU gear you want. And at the mall you can also get Texas, Notre Dame, Michigan, USC and even North Carolina. Guess what go to Tulsa and there is no shortage of Razorback gear. Shoot I visited Norman in the mid-90's and they were selling Tennessee jersey's. Tennessee??? 

Now why anyone in Norman who didn't grow up or graduate from Tennessee would want the neon Orange is beyond me. It's not close and it's not even in the Big XII. But then again I'm not a marketing person. I guess it's cool for the kids to wear whoever the hot team is at the time. It's still America so you can still make a buck. Yeah it surprises me how much OU stuff is floating around NWA, but if the demand wasn't there the supply wouldn't be.

True story. I once bought an Okie State hat in a mall in Athens, Georgia when Okie state went 3-8 that year. It happens everywhere.

felixfan

i lived in joplin, mo for a couple of years when i went to college at MSSU.  There was hardly any other fans but OU fans.  They were extremely rude, and acted like asses.  Some from then on out i have replaced Texas with OU as worthy of my MOST HATED TEAM. 

My friend once said that when ou and texas play he doesnt car who wins as long as both the starting qbs blow their knees!  lol a little harsh but i hope the only win either teams has on the season is the one that wins that game.

HairyHog

When Fexas and OU play, I hate it when either one wins.

HillCreature

Quote from: HairyHog on January 04, 2008, 10:13:20 pm
When Fexas and OU play, I hate it when either one wins.

Life is too short to be jealous. That is what fuels Arkie's hatred of OU and Texas.

BigG

31-6   31-6   31-6   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA.  Uh, sorry, just a senior moment.  Remembering the Orange Bowl '78.  Woooooooooooooooooooooo PIGS.....LOUIE!
He who ignores history is doomed to repeat it!

SLC

Grew up w/in 20 miles of OK and I also hate the Sooners.  Good job WVU. 
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

HillCreature

Quote from: BigG on January 04, 2008, 10:33:59 pm
31-6   31-6   31-6   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA.  Uh, sorry, just a senior moment.  Remembering the Orange Bowl '78.  Woooooooooooooooooooooo PIGS.....LOUIE!

1987-----OU 42 Arkie 8. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH. Last two times OU has owned you.

wsgentry

Quote from: PigglyWiggly on January 04, 2008, 05:35:12 pm
+1, exact same position here. never  has a beatdown like that been so much fun to watch!
People who love to see someone else beatdown is because they have nothing themselves.  It is called class envy.

wsgentry

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 02:30:21 am

No it's just cause we      ou
Why, why don't you      USC, they beat your ass recently.

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 02:30:21 am

No it's just cause we HATE ou

Yes and you hate what you can't beat. OU is and always has been better. And you piggies can't stand it. Just like how Texas is and always has been better too. That's why you hate them. Be honest.

yraciv

Quote from: HillCreature on January 05, 2008, 02:51:33 am
Yes and you hate what you can't beat. OU is and always has been better. And you piggies can't stand it. Just like how Texas is and always has been better too. That's why you hate them. Be honest.

I believe we were better then both of you some throughout the 60s and 70s!  Man you need to just let it rest.  You are part of what gives some OU fans a bad reputation.  It isn't about envy because I'm sure mostly everyone who hate OU can respect what Bob Stoops has done.  I hate OU for the simple fact; I daily come in contact with the likes of small town Okies wearing their Sooner hats, driving slow, and on occasion smack talking.  That is not to say all OU fans are like this b/ I had a roommate at the U of A who had dual loyalties to both schools.  It's j/ fans that come on ARKANSAS boards talking crap that deserve the response.

HillCreature

Quote from: yraciv on January 05, 2008, 03:07:13 am
I believe we were better then both of you some throughout the 60s and 70s! 

Not really OU won 2 NC's in the 70's. 2 more than Arkie.

HillCreature

Texas also won 2 NC's in that era. Gotta go with Texas.

HillCreature

Hoggish1

I HATE OU!

The beatdown that WVU put on Bob "The Baby" Stoops was awesome and I loved every minute of it.  Growing up in Fort Smith I have had to see all of our stores carry OU crap my entire life and it just makes me sick!  As far as I'm concerned, the only good thing to come out of OK is Interstate 40. 

LMAO.  Norman (and OK City) are pretty boaring.  Stoops is a good coach but his "super" athletes would be exposed in the SEC.

HillCreature

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 05, 2008, 10:58:10 am
LMAO.  Norman (and OK City) are pretty boaring.  Stoops is a good coach but his "super" athletes would be exposed in the SEC.
Maybe but OKC is way more exciting than any town in Akie.

HillCreature

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 05, 2008, 10:58:10 am

Seriously you guys take hyperbole to a new level. I bet the SEC could beat up superman, huh. The SEC is a farce and all you people have bought into a your own hype and ran with it.

grayhawg

Count the number of SEC teams in bowl games I guess our own hype got 9 SEC teams in bowl games. While you are at it count NC in all sports then crawl back under your rock. >:(

seb2000

Quote from: HillCreature on January 05, 2008, 11:34:34 am
Seriously you guys take hyperbole to a new level. I bet the SEC could beat up superman, huh. The SEC is a farce and all you people have bought into a your own hype and ran with it.

Don't you have your regular Saturday Springfield Dungeons & Dragons meeting in a little bit? 

Your Missouri Tigers beat the ^%&* out of us Jan. 1st...OK?  You won.  We're fine with that.  It's over.  Next year is a brand new year.  Good luck to you guys.  Now, why do you feel the need to come over to another school's board and post a bunch of negatives about our team...especially when you can only reference other teams in order to do so?  We are not coming after your beloved Mizzou, why come after us?  Because honestly, as a Mizzou fan, you really have to look to OU and Texas in order to bash Arkansas.  And by the way, the term Arkie...?  Be a little more original. 

Now, again, good luck next year and take care of yourself.  Bye bye.

PiggyBack

If you get a divorce in OK is she still your sister?
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

CheeZ_PuFF

Quote from: rlh06 on January 03, 2008, 08:20:23 pm
Incidentally, did anyone else think the OU band played their fight song to the point of it making people want to either mute the tv or shove an ice pick in both ears?

i have noticed that after EVERY 3 yard gain,tackle, or just a ball snap in an OU game, the band plays that stupid song. I have noticed this a long time ago.

Next time you guys watch an OU game, listen at how many times their band plays per half. I bet its around 250 times.

grayhawg

You mean the boomer sooner satin bloomers song?

Razorbacking02

I've never understood why most Arkansas fans HATE teams like OU, Texas, USC...ect, and other teams who they don't play and compete against every year, yet (at least on average) most Arkansas fans respect most of the SEC teams they play.

As an NFL fan, this mindset confuses me, since as a Cowboy fan I wish cancer on any Redskin, Eagle, or Giant fan.

haveabeer

I don't hate USC. South Carolina's a nice state.

CheeZ_PuFF

Quote from: Razorbacking02 on January 05, 2008, 06:34:13 pm
I've never understood why most Arkansas fans HATE teams like OU, Texas, USC...ect, and other teams who they don't play and compete against every year, yet (at least on average) most Arkansas fans respect most of the SEC teams they play.

As an NFL fan, this mindset confuses me, since as a Cowboy fan I wish cancer on any Redskin, Eagle, or Giant fan.

I grew up and live near Van Buren (which is around 8 miles from Oklahoma) and have never had a good thing said to me about the Razorbacks from a Sooner fan. I also work in Oklahoma and trust me, the hate for the sooners isn't unwarranted.

Quite Frankly

I found it was more of the OU fans on the O/A border with arrogance towards A.

That brings the wrath back on them when they fall off their self-mposed perch.

HogBaptist

Quote from: Razorbacking02 on January 05, 2008, 06:34:13 pm
I wish cancer on any Redskin, Eagle, or Giant fan.

Did you really say that?  classy...

bugo

Quote from: CheeZ_PuFF on January 05, 2008, 05:13:30 pm
i have noticed that after EVERY 3 yard gain,tackle, or just a ball snap in an OU game, the band plays that stupid song. I have noticed this a long time ago.

Next time you guys watch an OU game, listen at how many times their band plays per half. I bet its around 250 times.

I also notice that OU fans get excited about every little play.  OU will punt, and their fans will be saying "good punt boys!"  Next time you're in a bar with a lot of OU fans and an OU game is on, notice it, it's true.

hawgitect

+1 PiggyBack - I have to deal with that OU nonsense every summer at Lake Tenkiller.

bugo

Quote from: HillCreature on January 05, 2008, 01:14:55 am
1987-----OU 42 Arkie 8. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH. Last two times OU has owned you.

I wouldn't call 10-3 being "owned".

Brownie Tuggle

I HATE OU!

The good folks in Texarkana, Ar feel the same way about the frigging Longhorns. The Texas side Walmart sells no Hog Gear. But the Arkansas side carries both Hog and Horn Gear. Why? I dont know? Texas sucks more than OU.

ashleyswine

Quote from: HillCreature on January 05, 2008, 03:19:09 am
Not really OU won 2 NC's in the 70's. 2 more than Arkie.
yeah  and their coach was an ARKIE   from my hometown to boot