Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OL Josh Tatum switches commit

Started by prisonhog, January 03, 2008, 07:28:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

prisonhog

from Hogs to Rebs. Wants to play for HDN and be coached by MM. Says he will still visit UA out of obligation to fans. IMO, don't feel obligated; if you desire to go to Ole Miss, go.
"It's not the size of the Hog in the fight, but the size
of the fight in the Hog."

Jeffcphog

Why waste our Coaches time and foundation money?

The real Hogules

He owes us nothing and I'd just as soon him go to school where he feels most comfortable.
It's been nice knowing you, now go and enjoy the coaches you have chosen as teachers and role models.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

CowHog

This may be old news by now but we just lost a 2 star recruit to Ole Miss, an offensive lineman named Josh Tatum.  Here is the link:

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Sports/212602/

What does everyone think about this?  How many more will defect?  And do not get me wrong I am not saying that this is a HUGE deal or anything because I knew that we would lose some guys but also pick up some guys that are better suited to our new style of play.

3kgthog

I guess Nutt really doesn't have a problem taking guys that don't want to be Razorbacks. Don't let the door hit you on the way out fellas.

Albert Einswine

This quote is just sick and disturbing!   8)

“He said, ‘I want to coach you, and I want to be a part of you.’ He said, ‘If you want me to coach you and be a part of me and Coach Nutt, you’ve got your chance if you want it.’

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

UAFan4Life

Maybe we can pick him back up when he revisits, I think this bothers me because of Petrino's situation.  If we picked up Petrino from Louisville and several of his commits wanted to change their intent I would have no problem at all, but with him coming from the NFL we don't have that happening.  Hopefully he changes his mind and re-commits but if not hopefully we can replace a two start lineman.

earlenehawg

In the ADG article he said that he was still going to take his official visit to Arkansas, does that make sense to anyone?  Sounds like a paid vacation to me....

justin2000m80

Yeah that quote is kinda of disturbing.  This with taking snaps in his office is making me curious about tctwf.

LA HAWG

He had said a while back that he would follow Markuson.  No cause for concern.

Gerald Gilber

No offense but if I were taking a paid vacation it would be somewhere beside Arkansas.
Can we play all our games at home????

razorbrass

Drink that cool-aide.  This is the recruiting approach that leads to performances like the cotton bowl.  Ole Miss has just solidified their position as a bottom feeder in the conference.  Enjoy the view.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

want2be

NOW LET'S GO AFTER SOME OF THE OL MISS VERBALS

TURN ABOUT IS FAIR PLAY

Albert Einswine

Quote from: foodhog on January 03, 2008, 09:16:38 am
No offense but if I were taking a paid vacation it would be somewhere beside Arkansas.

If trout fishing or duck hunting were on the agenda,  there'd be no better paid vacation on the planet.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Boarcephus

Quote from: want2be on January 03, 2008, 09:19:12 am

NOW LET'S GO AFTER SOME OF THE OL MISS VERBALS

TURN ABOUT IS FAIR PLAY

We don't want their verbals.  We want better players than commit to them.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

CowHog

does anybody know who the others that may defect are going to be?

TennesseeRaz

This doesn't bother me; in the long run, I have no doubt as to whom will bring in the better recruits.

anthonytkr

Who cares, he's a 2 star. That basically means he played high school football.

Choctaw Hog

I'm not too concerned about this, but it's not over yet.  For those in the know how many other SEC teams, especially the ones who require their lineman to pass block, are recruiting this player?  I imaging there will be a few more like this simply because those players are not capable of doing the things BP wants to do.

primetime21

Who cares?  He will learn how to run block and learn how to lay under a bus.

4razorbacksinky

Vacation or not, we shold still cut off the official visit. Doesn't the NCAA limit the official visits a school may use? If so, there is a better use of that visit than some kid who has all but signed with Nutt and Markuson. Cut the string!
Fear the Tusks!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I want you to come here and be a part of you?  lmao  what the heck is that?
Let's make some waves.

MNHogFan

Sounds like he is just looking for another free weekend of perks with a visit to the Hill. I think I might tell the young man that he needs to stay on the east side of the Mississippi River.

HDale

Quote from: anthonytkr on January 03, 2008, 09:35:57 am

You get one star for playing and 1 star for sending in a video.
He must have sent a video.

There is no way this kid would get an official visit if I were BP.
I will always hate the Dork

gilndoc

Quote from: 4razorbacksinky on January 03, 2008, 09:48:47 am
Vacation or not, we shold still cut off the official visit. Doesn't the NCAA limit the official visits a school may use? If so, there is a better use of that visit than some kid who has all but signed with Nutt and Markuson. Cut the string!

If this kid has potential and we can use him let him come.  Lets face it, if the kid has half a brain and a choice between Ole Piss and the Razorbacks.  He will make the right decision.

hawkhog

I would not let him come to visit.  If he just told the Ole Miss coaches he wants them.  It's a no win situation.

Quote from: UAFan4Life on January 03, 2008, 09:14:02 am
Maybe we can pick him back up when he revisits, I think this bothers me because of Petrino's situation.  If we picked up Petrino from Louisville and several of his commits wanted to change their intent I would have no problem at all, but with him coming from the NFL we don't have that happening.  Hopefully he changes his mind and re-commits but if not hopefully we can replace a two start lineman.

jkstock04

So he's talking to another school???  Well, that does it....I DON'T WANT HIM IF HE DOESN'T WANNA BE A HOG!!!!   ;D
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HOGansHero

Quote from: anthonytkr on January 03, 2008, 09:35:57 am

Maybe losing that 2 star will make our rating go up...

preach33

Any word on what the lineman from Russellville is going to do. I beleive his last name is Hall.

hogwild2

O.K. Good Luck to Tatum, Now lets move on and Get someone in there who wants to be a Razorback and who will work hard to help get this team back to where it can be and someone who will make Petrino and the fans Proud, Someone who has always been a Razorback, Right in their own backyard,  Bryant Newell      Whooooo Pig SOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: MNHogFan on January 03, 2008, 09:57:34 am
Sounds like he is just looking for another free weekend of perks with a visit to the Hill. I think I might tell the young man that he needs to stay on the east side of the Mississippi River.

Josh is one of the finest young men I've had the pleasure to get to know. He's not in it just for a free trip I can assure you. He really feels an obligation to Arkansas to make an official visit. I'm sure he and Coach Petrino will talk it over and come to a decision.

GolfHawg

A "2" STAR Recruit??? Who cares, a walk - on is as good as a 2 STAR. Go find 'ole Nutt Daddy.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: hogwild2 on January 03, 2008, 10:09:30 am
O.K. Good Luck to Tatum, Now lets move on and Get someone in there who wants to be a Razorback and who will work hard to help get this team back to where it can be and someone who will make Petrino and the fans Proud, Someone who has always been a Razorback, Right in their own backyard,  Bryant Newell      Whooooo Pig SOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Byrant would be a great addition if the coaching staff decides to go that way.

Tomhog™

In my opinion trading Bryant Newell for Josh Tatum would be a slight upgrade.  There is nothing like taking home-grown talent.  He will play with a passion and zeal.  I hope they offer him. 

HawgWyld

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 03, 2008, 09:12:22 am

"He said, 'I want to coach you, and I want to be a part of you.' He said, 'If you want me to coach you and be a part of me and Coach Nutt, you've got your chance if you want it.'

Creepy.

Glad Nutt and his bunch are gone. I feel sorry for Ole Miss fans, but better them than us...

oldfart

if it were me, with a limited number of visits available, i would call the young man and wish him luck at Ole miss and cancel his bus ticket.........

Albert Einswine

Quote from: oldfart on January 03, 2008, 10:26:48 am
if it were me, with a limited number of visits available, i would call the young man and wish him luck at Ole miss and cancel his bus ticket.........

No kidding.   We shouldn't waste our recruiting dime on a kid who has switched his commitment to Ole Piss and their coaches.

Let's go after a stud who's gotten offers from the big time programs.

Hawgon

That is the gayest recruiting pitch I have ever heard. 

On a serious note, you will notice that it is still all about Nutt and Markesun, not Ole Miss.  It is "come be a part of us".  That is the problem and that is why we are going to be fighting this sickness for awhile yet.  It is a complete cult of personality with Nutt.  They only get the kids who have dreamed of playing at the school their whole lives or the ones who respond and buy into that cult of personality thing.  Those that have bought in, are going to be ruined for any other coach.

It also demonstrates why Nutt had trouble getting the elite players.  Elite players have more confidence in the themselves, know their worth, and know that they don't need to be "part of anyone". 

Nutt gets emotionaly needy players, not studs.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Hawgon on January 03, 2008, 10:36:01 am

Those that have bought in, are going to be ruined for any other coach.

I sincerely hope that Bobby P. and his staff will be able to rehabilitate them.

Sivad

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 03, 2008, 09:12:22 am

"He said, 'I want to coach you, and I want to be a part of you.' He said, 'If you want me to coach you and be a part of me and Coach Nutt, you've got your chance if you want it.'

Repulsive.

JIHawg

No big loss, an out of state two star.  We shouldn't be wasting our time with out of state two stars.  We have a thousand right here in Arkansas-if we're going to give scholarships to two star big o boys, give them to Arkansas kids.  Petrino probably wouldn't even recruit this guy normally.

I'd cancel his visit and wish him well.  That would send a message to other recruits who are thinking of visiting OM.

Jimbo

I live 15 minutes from this kid. No loss to the Hog program. I hunt with a guy who is from Marbury. His nephew played with Tatum. He says this kid isn't the sharpest tack in the box. Marbury's program could be compared to a Carlisle, or Dequeen size. His size would have been an asset but in Petrinos style I doubt he could have held up without extensive conditioning.

hog_fan

If I was petrino I would tell him he COULD NOT visit. This sounds like a plan by Nutt to get Tatum in here to talk to Arkansas Recruits. It's a disgrace that he thinks he should be allowed to visit when he knows he isn't coming here.

jgphillips3

Let's be honest...Nutt didn't recruit offensive linemen who could pass block and probably couldn't have landed the good ones with his track record of not passing if he had tried to get them.  Even Andrews was moved inside the line by the Eagles and he may be the greatest "Tackle" to ever play at Arkansas.  If this kid wants to leave, let him and no ill will.  He probably wouldn't fit what we need anyway.  We need kids who are equally adept at backing up and going forward.  I wish him the best of luck down there.

hogwild2

Newell can do this, He was coached by one of the best and has technique also

Conway4Hogs

Hey Tator Tatum....Don't bother visiting here....Go be a part of MM's life

The Boar War

Just wondering when the dead period ended?  How was Markuson able to contact this kid or vice versa?  I thought the only way recruits and coaches were able to talk is through on campus visits; not late night phone calls about commitment and talk about being a part of each other.