Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was there sabotage today?

Started by Razorfox, January 01, 2008, 03:43:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CurlyTail

Just a pathetic and embarrassing effort all the way around. Next plane is to Oxford, pack your stuff boys!

PearlHarbor

Quote from: Hogphilia on January 01, 2008, 04:32:52 pm
These coaches threw this game....They are Ole Piss employees now....they have been recruiting the same players in Ark that have already committed to the Hogs to try to get them to change their committment....they didn't want Ark to win and look good to these recruits...they want them at Ole Miss...

They are unethical...all the ingredients for throwing the game were there and the evidence appeared on the field....They should be banned from football.

I think you are exactly right. That is exactly what houston nutt and his staff are capable of. Scum. Dregs. darn.

Rockhawg

Very BAD coaching and a lack of senior leadership led to this debacle.
I do believe these coaches are this inept.
I SAY REMEMBER THIS DAY
FIVE YEARS FROM NOW WE WILL LOOK BACK AT THIS DAY AND KNOW HOW FAR WE HAVE COME

THE RAZORBACK PRIDE WILL BE RESTORED

OKhogfan1959

Something was up..Two fake punts and back to back? Never seen that before.

Just seemed to be no emotion after Tejada missed his first kick.

Not sure the coaches or players had their heart in it today..

Great thing though is we will never have to see that kind of one dimentional football again!!

Get ready Nathan, Jim and Tyler we need you to be the QB next year..No way Casey is the QB going into next year..When DTs run you down that is bad! What is his forty time like 6.0?

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: TNhogfan on January 01, 2008, 04:32:22 pm
I think it might be some of what Steve Spurrier faced when he left Duke for UF, but tried to coach the Dukies in the bowl game.  He said that he got in some guys faces early in the game after mistakes and they just shrugged their shoulders and smiled at him.  Then he realized that all the players knew that as soon as the final whistle blew, he was off to Gainesville and there was nothing he could do to them.  It is simply not wise or useful to have a lame duck staff in a bowl game.  While it was really strange to see a team implement a whole new offense like AU did against Clemson, you can bet all of the returning players were busting it last night to impress the new OC.

Michigan 41 Florida 35  Michigan with a lame duck staff.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

redneck razorback

The razorbacks were not prepared for this game, the game plan STUNK.  The defensive scheme was a joke, their running back breaks the cotton bowl rushing record for Pete's sake.   That's what i would expect from a group of coaches that will be recruiting against this team tomorrow.   

RazorBassin

That is the worst coached game I have seen in a while.  "The coach who is no longer here" had a few of them, but that one takes the cake!

snoblind

Has anyone actually taken credit/blame for calling the timeout on the fake punt?

jimmur74

All of you armchairs need to take a class in "ethics" enough with the conspiracy thing.  We were outplayed and probably outcoached but it wasn't sabotage just poor execution. 5 tos don't help

Shuga Town HEMI

Quote from: jimmur74 on January 01, 2008, 06:22:09 pm
All of you armchairs need to take a class in "ethics" enough with the conspiracy thing.  We were outplayed and probably outcoached but it wasn't sabotage just poor execution. 5 tos don't help

5 turn overs was due to their bad playing. They weren't trying, how hard was that to see?

The Hawg Marshal

Maybe the Ole Miss coaches need the class in ethics. Just saying.

Dr. J.

Quote from: secfan30 on January 01, 2008, 05:02:46 pm
I am just getting on, has it been said what idiot called the TO when we first did the fake?

That was probably when we were completely taken out of the game.  We had made a first down, would have been in field goal range, possibly driving for a touchdown,  and call a timeout when the play is just starting.  We were still conceievably in the game at that time.  Nothing we did seemed to go right. 

razorbrass

Thread on another board says it was reported that players were partying until 2 or 3 am on New Years Eve.  From what I saw today I wouldn't doubt it.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

HangTenHog

I don't know what was worse....watching this bowl game or that one against UCLA some years ago....

I said all along, we should have gotten rid of the Mississippi coaches....no good at all could have come from that. I think I saw Lee reading Oxford classifieds in the booth during the game. Gee, I wonder where his mind was.

hogs25

These coaches threw this game....They are Ole Piss employees now....they have been recruiting the same players in Ark that have already committed to the Hogs to try to get them to change their committment....they didn't want Ark to win and look good to these recruits...they want them at Ole Miss...

They are unethical...all the ingredients for throwing the game were there and the evidence appeared on the field....They should be banned from football.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.  There is no doubt that Dale didn't have a little say in the game plan maybe not literally but you know he's talked to Shiworst,Markusun, Lee and probably Reggie too recently if not today (see text messaging scandal)TO NOT MAKE ME LOOK BAD.  If Arkansas would have won 49-24 everybody in the world would have said THAT NUTT WAS THE PROBLEM.  So now all the ignorant people out there that see's the score scrolling across the screen while watching the Rose Bowl are saying, MAN, ARKANSAS SUCKS AND SHOULD HAVE KEPT NUTT and that's exactly what the dork wanted. 

I mean only 7 points and the defense playing like Dermott should have been a HUGE RED FLAG to most novice Hog fans.  If the Hogs could've scored at least 10 more points  we wouldn't be having this argument.  So now does that mean MO would absolute kill LSU?  I don't think so and it's a shame that they would stoop to that level that we already knew about them but they confirmed that for us today and the world now sees what trash we've had on our sidelines. 

The good news is the cancer has been removed AND YOU CAN BET YOUR SWEET BUTT THAT NUTT WE'LL BE PAID BACK IN FULL WHEN OLE MISSISSIPPI COMES TO TOWN!  My friends that sat on the 30 saw Mike Markuson with a smirk a few times so take that with a grain of salt.  I'm still hot.

2008 OM vs. Hogs prediction
Hogs 56
Thank God for Mississippi 3 

I can't wait!!!!

hogs25

Quote from: HangTenHog on January 01, 2008, 06:31:02 pm
I don't know what was worse....watching this bowl game or that one against UCLA some years ago....

I said all along, we should have gotten rid of the Mississippi coaches....no good at all could have come from that. I think I saw Lee reading Oxford classifieds in the booth during the game. Gee, I wonder where his mind was.

Losing 17-3 to UCLA with Aikman + the California Kids is understandable.  Today's performance will never be forgotten about. 

macgyver hawg

I agree with this.  There's been sabatoge from these coaches for two straight seasons that could have hurt for years to come.
This will come back to haunt them when they need another job.  They may get one but not near the pay.  These guys weren't willing to put in the time and effort at Arkansas.  To be successful at Ole Miss they will need to work even harder than they would have here.

We will have the last laugh.

The real Hogules

There was no sabatoge, unless stupidity can be considered sabatoge.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The Hawg Marshal

hodgehog

The sabotage started when nutter was hired. Please remove all remaining garbage and fumigate.

hogs25

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 01, 2008, 05:26:32 pm
Something was up..Two fake punts and back to back? Never seen that before.

Just seemed to be no emotion after Tejada missed his first kick.

Not sure the coaches or players had their heart in it today..

Great thing though is we will never have to see that kind of one dimentional football again!!

Get ready Nathan, Jim and Tyler we need you to be the QB next year..No way Casey is the QB going into next year..When DTs run you down that is bad! What is his forty time like 6.0?

That has to be a first in the modern era of football calling back to back fake punts to only have some unknown numb nut call a TO then run the same play again but this time in the second version of the fake punt instead of giving it to Fish again which would seem way too obvious we'll fake it to Reggie and let somebody else try it.  Yea, that'll fake'em out.  It was a clearly original stupid decision and from that point on it went downhill.  Thanks for the memories.

revolution

I was at the game today, and that was the worst-called, most inept and insane brand of coaching I've ever seen - well, except for the Nutt coaching effort against Vandy, and O for October, and oh yeah, the loss to UNLV, and oh - the loss to Minnesota, and Wisconsin and oh yeah, the Auburn game this year.

All in all, a fitting end to the Nutt era.  Nutt, I hate you!  And Shiworst, Reggie, Lee, and the rest of your sorry band!  I hope we beat you 100-0 next year.  Better watch out when you leave the field!  The Razorbacks are going to move forward, but we'll never forget!

Blue35

That was the worst prepared football team that I have ever seen.  If this is any indication of the HC ability of Mr. Herring then he needs to stick to being an assistant.  Seems that the priorities in Dallas were big hats, red pants and back socks.  What in hell is that all about?

hogfanshan

Reggie Herring cared! He was in way over his head with this inept coaching staff and players that knew none of them would be back next year. He stated in the press conference after the game that the play was a reflection of the coaches and their preparation.

Reggie definitely cared and handled everything professionally.

The other coaches however....not so much.

Cavehog

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 01, 2008, 04:29:11 pm
No, of course not!

It was just a bunch of lousy coaches being lousy coaches.

We have better days ahead of us.

I honestly believe these coaches did their very best.  They just CAN'T COACH!!  Had I been listening to it on the radio I would have thought HDN was on the sidelines as usual... GOOD RIDDANCE!
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

Cavehog

Quote from: hodgehog on January 01, 2008, 06:47:35 pm
The sabotage started when nutter was hired. Please remove all remaining garbage and fumigate.

And this is the most truthful statement on the board at the moment.  It's like a really bad 10 year marriage, and the final divorce hearing was today.  Now, we can collectively throw up and move on.
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

big papa

Arkansas still cannot effectively pass block, or pass effectively downfield.  These are things that Hog fans have seen for several years, like it or not.  When Arkansas is forced to pass, they have been in trouble.  One difference this year is the hog defence had not been consistent at all.  Who would have believed  that Daniel would have had the stat game he had and Arkansas would have lost 38 to 7?  Then again who would have thought that Temple would have all-american stats?

ashleyswine

sabotage?  no  offensive rigor mortis? definitely!

bobetty

I don't understand all the fuss today - a poorly prepared Hog football team lost another Bowl game - how in the world is this any different than when Houston Nutt was the coach on the sideline chewing on his fingernails??

El Puerco Grande

They whipped our tails pretty bad, but we gave them tons of help. The crazy thing is, their TB only had 748 yards all year, including the 281 he hung on us. Worst tackling I ever saw. Add 5 turnovers, and apathy, and I'm surprised we didn't get beat worse.
How 'bout them hogs?

shearman1

This was just bad coaching.  They were not prepared for this game.  Better days coming maybe not next year but it is coming.

Dr Swineglove

I think it's conspiracy thinking to suppose the staff threw the game on purpose - it would have served their purposes far better to have won big and bragged about it from Oxford.  I think a more realistic answer is that all the off-field turmoil, the coaching change, and a genuinely (and thankfully now gone)  mediocre assistant staff was simply way over matched by a better prepared, better coached, more focused team - time to move forward, beginning tomorrow.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

arkjarhead

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 01, 2008, 05:26:32 pm
No way Casey is the QB going into next year..When DTs run you down that is bad! What is his forty time like 6.0?

You are way off on Casey's 40 time. He runs the forty in a 4 flat.

4 minutes that is!!! haha
Argument between me and the wife:
Her: I'm not talking about you I'm talking about tapeworms.
Me: No you're not. You're talking about me talking about tapeworms.
Score to date: Her:1,000,000       Me:1

ColonelNutt

The playcalling was a lot different than what we saw vs LSU.  They ran a LOT more wildcat against LSU than against Missouri.  There was not a single downfield pass attempted against Missouri.  Misdirection and motion that we saw against LSU was non-existent vs Missouri.  Keep this in mind:

David Lee owes Houston Nutt for hiring him THREE TIMES.  Twice while at the UA, and now he's following him to Ole Miss.  If he called a game like he did at the LSU game where he PULLED OUT ALL THE STOPS, He would have made Nutt look bad.  At the very least, he didn't want to make Nutt mad by showing the world he could lead the Hogs to victory minus the Nutt factor.  After all, Nutt is still his boss and he has no reason to be loyal to the UA since Nutt isn't there and since he also got fired another time before that.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Not a chance.  We were just underpreparred and out coached and out played.

bcshog

I hope Bobby P cleans house when he watches the game film.  He should ask each individual player if they really want to be there, or hit the highway to oxford with Nutty Buddy.  I couldn't watch the piss poor performance past the 3rd quarter.

TMooney

Quote from: bobetty on January 01, 2008, 09:26:18 pm
I don't understand all the fuss today - a poorly prepared Hog football team lost another Bowl game - how in the world is this any different than when Houston Nutt was the coach on the sideline chewing on his fingernails??

Think over what you said for 24hrs thinking like a detective  and then tell me you feel the same way. Colt and Hawaii got shut down bad tonight with a worse score but I was proud of them! This dont add up.

Reggie wants a big job and he credits Nutt with the team before the game begins and thats the first sticker in my craw. I dont know exactly what to think about it . Nutt passed him over somehow and he stays at Ar over being the IHC. Before game time he knew we had another DC. He could have been whizzed over that and sh^t on us but I dont get the Nutt deal. He could have also been whizzed he is not our HC. If hes already got a job then I guess it would not matter for sh^tting on us . The other coaches are on their way to Ole Miss so they would have been in on it . So I guess that could add up except Herring /Nutt love.

Next is the players . They could have played this game with out coaches but they would need plays called . Reggie stacked out Dbacks all game and didnt bring his normal blitzes. How come? He lives and dies over pressure . Did Nutt advise him wrongly being a "brother"? Normally that defense would have been in the backfeild half the day. He was afraid of the pass so he was chicken. When he got behind though he didnt change or gamble until the game was gone . How come? It could have been he didnt have enough talent I got to thinking  but they werent LSU either . WTH?

I dont understand the attitude of the players . Yes if they laid out all night or had a party. If the coaches let that happen then I see it . Then I got to thinking about all the "FUN" Reggie was letting them have at practices . Playing games . Ive read about those games several times right up to game day.

If Nutt or any other full time coach weve had , prepared this team , it would not have played like it did today and thats why somthing is up.

I dont guess it matters now anyway. Ill just always say this game stunk like Nutt to me .

Im ready to move on and also ready for the ones I mentioned to move on too. Im done.

TMooney

January 02, 2008, 02:38:08 am #87 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 02:42:54 am by TMooney
Quote from: ColonelNutt on January 02, 2008, 01:05:54 am
The playcalling was a lot different than what we saw vs LSU.  They ran a LOT more wildcat against LSU than against Missouri.  There was not a single downfield pass attempted against Missouri.  Misdirection and motion that we saw against LSU was non-existent vs Missouri.  Keep this in mind:

David Lee owes Houston Nutt for hiring him THREE TIMES.  Twice while at the UA, and now he's following him to Ole Miss.  If he called a game like he did at the LSU game where he PULLED OUT ALL THE STOPS, He would have made Nutt look bad.  At the very least, he didn't want to make Nutt mad by showing the world he could lead the Hogs to victory minus the Nutt factor.  After all, Nutt is still his boss and he has no reason to be loyal to the UA since Nutt isn't there and since he also got fired another time before that.

Good reasons.
But what about Reggie?

I dont know why but I keep thinking about what Lou Holtz would have done .

lost hawg

A perfect storm in Dallas. The head coach quits/fired. Mizzou POed not being in BCS game. Coaching staff wanting to be house hunting. Players knowing that nothing will happen in the spring thats tied to this year. And those God awful red pants MUST be sent to Ol Miss with the coaching staff as a going away gift.

pioneerhawg

Quote from: OKCHogFan on January 01, 2008, 05:20:54 pm
Pat Jones said on the Sports Animal 104.9 for 2 weeks that coaches leaving will hurt the bowl team.
Asst coaches who stay don't have their heart or head in the game.  They are concerned with moving, ect.  What hurts more is that at least 3 former Razorbacks were part of this coaching debacle.  Shibest, Nutt and Campbell.  They should be banned from lettermen/razorback activities in the future. 

half right   half unbelievable attitude
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage. And then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."  William "Hogville" Shakespeare

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: TNhogfan on January 01, 2008, 04:32:22 pmIt is simply not wise or useful to have a lame duck staff in a bowl game~~~~~you can bet all of the returning players were busting it last night to impress the new OC.

TNhogfan....

I picked these two lines out of your post because I totally agree with them.  I heard Reggie make a comment back a few weeks ago, that we'd better be careful or we wouldn't have any coaches here to coach the bowl game.  Meaning, I guess, that we didn't really want them to leave or he'd be alone on the sideline in Dallas.  Well, I didn't buy into it then and I don't now.  Lame duck is the appropriate description. 

And there were some out there working their butts off knowing their new OC and HC were watching and making notes for next year. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

little hog

Quote from: ark30inf on January 01, 2008, 04:22:31 pm
Not on the player's part for sure. 

I thought the conspiracy theories were crazy......but handing the ball to them at midfield down 14 after half made me wonder.  That was the second dumbest thing I have ever seen.....the first dumbest was also in this game.

That would have had to have been the "2nd" fake punt in a row!  Idiotic

fletcher

Throw the game? Are you saying that those players to do not have any pride? With BP watching from above do you think the players were fumbling on purpose? Dogging it on their part might earn them a scolarship being pulled. I highly doubt there was any conspiracy afoot...

toshortrock

just glad this is finally over with
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

FATBACKHAWG

The whole thing reaked of the Nuttsac era!  Reggie (this time) had me believing, said the right things and then nothing happens!  Out with old and in with the new......

artyhog

Looked like the coaching staff put in the returning players for next year to show Coach P what he had in store for himself.  Looked bad.

Little E

Honestly, I don't think any of these coaches are clever enough to do something like that. 

hawgknockers

I don't think we were sabotaged in he Cotton Bowl.  It runs deeper than that.  We were sabotaged when these bozo's (no offense intended to clowns) were hired.

BartIV

I can believe there was some sabotage. The two fake punts along say that.  To try it the second time says something was up.

We need to remember, this staff is going to another SEC school (in the same division) and they don't want the UofA to have much success in Texas or anywhere.  Any way this group can hurt our recruiting, they will do it.  I don't think the horrible loss hurt us, but it didn't help us with Texas recruiting.

The Boar War

I don't believe it was sabotage as in they threw the game.  If they throw the game than Ole Miss fans are questioning the Nutt hire even more than they already have. 

I do believe that extreme apathy set in the day that Nutt was hired at Ole Miss.  Since this time their main focus has been recruiting for Ole Miss.  They coached this game with the same fervor I play NCAA 2008.  If they win great but if they didn't oh well.  Their commitments to Ole Miss preoccupied them and they put the bare minimum effort into gameplanning.

What happened yesterday is a result of that minimal effort meeting a good team with a good gameplan.  The kids saw the lack of effort from their coaches and it became contagious.