Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get the hell out Reggie and Ole miss coaches

Started by forrest city joe, January 01, 2008, 03:26:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RationalHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 01, 2008, 03:26:23 pm
You guys are a disgrace to coaches everywhere. and for the players who cant get over Nutt being forced out here. you can leave too.i have never seen coaches and players (NOT ALL PLAYERS) not even try like i saw today. it was a disgrace to arkansas football. BP now takes over this program. it's going to take some time. but i believe he will get it done. GO HAWGS. i still love this program.
Come on Joe...It takes a real football genius to get on here and spew a bunch of venom on a group of kids and coaches who were thrown into a very difficult situation and who were obviously upset about the outcome of the game.  Could we have played better?  Yes.  Should we have played better? Yes.  Considering the circus tent they played under all season, let's let bygones be bygones and all put on the same uniform.  No black shirts, no more plane banner boys.  The only color we should were is the Razorback Red that covers all of us no matter what state or part of this state we may be from!!!  Remember what Coach Richardson always said...All sickness is not death. GO HOGS GO!  CAN'T WAIT FOR 2008!!!
"Nothing is ever as good as it seems and nothing is ever as bad as it seems.  Reality lies somewhere in the middle." - Lou Holtz

awwyeah84

hahaha
I was listening to the Jim Rome show on the radio today, but it was someone else in Rome's place.  He was talking about Herring and said that before the ARK-USC game at the Collesium when we lost 70-7 or 17 whatever that was, he talked to Herring and Reggie was PISSED that an SEC team was 35 point underdogs to a PAC-10 team.  And when we lost, the guy who was hosting Rome's show said he has been rooting against him ever since, which i thought was funny. 
I'm not really going anywhere with this story, but i thought it was funny

HoggToad

Wasn't that pathetic!!.  Shibest seemed to be retarded.  Very embarrassing, again.

HoggToad

Quote from: RationalHog on January 02, 2008, 06:59:06 pm
Come on Joe...It takes a real football genius to get on here and spew a bunch of venom on a group of kids and coaches who were thrown into a very difficult situation and who were obviously upset about the outcome of the game.  Could we have played better?  Yes.  Should we have played better? Yes.  Considering the circus tent they played under all season, let's let bygones be bygones and all put on the same uniform.  No black shirts, no more plane banner boys.  The only color we should were is the Razorback Red that covers all of us no matter what state or part of this state we may be from!!!  Remember what Coach Richardson always said...All sickness is not death. GO HOGS GO!  CAN'T WAIT FOR 2008!!!
Rational- You are about the only post I have read that has a brain cell functioning.  Thank for the dose of reality.

RationalHog

Quote from: HoggToad on January 02, 2008, 07:25:00 pm
  Rational- You are about the only post I have read that has a brain cell functioning.  Thank for the dose of reality.
Thanks HoggToad.  Just trying to ad a few rational thoughts.
"Nothing is ever as good as it seems and nothing is ever as bad as it seems.  Reality lies somewhere in the middle." - Lou Holtz

VenturaHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 02, 2008, 09:29:32 am
So now the line " we only want players that want to be Razorbacks" is okay to use?  Just checking, because I remember many posts derriding this very line from another coach. 

Now, before someone bans me, I AGREE that anyone upset about who their coach is, needs to look in the mirror and decide if they can give their all for the team and the coach.  If they can, then fine, if not, move on.  THis is not something unique to the hogs, this has to be done at many schools.

Great post 'Sanity, I totally agree that the "we only want the kids that want to be hogs, they gotta love that helmet" mentality is a disease brought to us by Nutt and no situation justifies it.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: VenturaHog on January 02, 2008, 08:12:39 pm
Great post 'Sanity, I totally agree that the "we only want the kids that want to be hogs, they gotta love that helmet" mentality is a disease brought to us by Nutt and no situation justifies it.

I think you 2 are missing the point.  Sanity is trying to make a point that people who are upset at the lack of effort/comments supporting Dale by the kids and coaches(see David Lee) and are saying "if you don't want to be Hogs then get out" are doing the SAME thing that Dale did with this very disease of a mentality you mentioned.

That is PURE B.S.  What we are saying is this:  The NEW HOG HEAD COACH is Bobby Petrino.  Nutt, his character, his philosophy, EVERYTHING he stood for and emphasized is GONE.

ANY player who is still holding a grudge or is still trying to make a point that it was the wrong decision to get rid of Nutt needs to find another team.  Period.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hogoman

You guys are a disgrace to coaches everywhere. and for the players who cant get over Nutt being forced out here. you can leave too.i have never seen coaches and players (NOT ALL PLAYERS) not even try like i saw today. it was a disgrace to arkansas football. BP now takes over this program. it's going to take some time. but i believe he will get it done. GO HAWGS. i still love this program.
Here, here! or Here beer! or Beer here!. you said it FC Joe.
I dont know who called that time out.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

The "circus" was CREATED by their leader, Dale Nutt.  Any player who wants to succeed and move forward next year needs to realize that, accept it and buy into the NEW Razorback head coach and philosophy - which is a complete 180 from what we saw with Nutt - in philosophy, work ethic, game management.....EVERY area of the game and program.

If they hold on in any way to those old perspectives - which is what happened at the Toilet Bowl - then they need to find another team.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Fatmanhog

lol... the fake PUNTS were a disaster, i had to watch the game with oklahoma fans, i was embarassed beyond belief as was all of the razorback nation, i really couldnt believe my eyes when we were on defense if that is what you want to call it, good bye ole piss coaches and good riddence to the rest of em. i tired of always saying next year, its always next year. but now i iam actually looking forward to next year because this year really sucked. you didnt know what team would show up. all i want is a little consistency thank god for BP and staff.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

therock1

I am going to miss that IN YOUR FACE defense installed by the BadA$$ Reggie Herring...It worked so well....And the offensive mastermind David Lee..haha...Did anyone else see the play action play in the third quarter where we had one...I repeat...one reciever running a route?....That was the worst offensive play call I have seen in a very long time....Maybe Bobby and his staff bring along something better then a junior high offensive scheme.

Swinehart

What bothers me about the bowl debacle is how our defensive game plan was so geared up to stop the pass that they totally disregarded the run.  What were they thinkin?  In the first half their backs were running though our D at will and one would think our coaches would have notice it.  Did they make any adjustments at halftime - I don't think so.  Even the broadcasters noted how WIDE the splits were in MO's offensive line pointing out potential problems that go with that set - did we send a blitzer through any one of those splits - I don't think so.  I think our coaches were caught totally off guard by this move and they did not know how to defend against it.  With nine defenders defending the pass, they slowed down MO's passing game but with only two people rushing the passer

we got TORCHED by the run!

Pig_Lebowski

Quote from: therock1 on January 03, 2008, 03:15:26 am
I am going to miss that IN YOUR FACE defense installed by the BadA$$ Reggie Herring...It worked so well....And the offensive mastermind David Lee..haha...Did anyone else see the play action play in the third quarter where we had one...I repeat...one reciever running a route?....That was the worst offensive play call I have seen in a very long time....Maybe Bobby and his staff bring along something better then a junior high offensive scheme.

NINE blocking FOUR.  You would think, that one of the backs would have the common sense to flare out of the "scrum" and be a safety valve.  But that would require coaching, which has not existed at the U of A for 10 years now.   I have been thinking about that play for days now, and I am glad you brought it up.

Pig_Lebowski

Quote from: VenturaHog on January 02, 2008, 08:12:39 pm

I dont want any football player that worships a helmet like a magical orb.  I want guys that love to hit, rip peoples heads off, stomp a hole in the oppositions midsection, and then help him back up, only to do it again.

The wizard that relied on helmet loving, one heart beating "special" players is thankfully gone.

PorkBrainz

Amen, brother...and your call on Sports Rap yesterday hit the bullseye. Right on target! I always enjoy calls, FCJ.
Go Hogs!