Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shibest going to ole miss --- added link

Started by hogsam, December 23, 2007, 08:58:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsam

December 23, 2007, 08:58:39 am Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 01:02:21 pm by hogsam
Shibest is on his way to ole miss...  guess they want better special teams play...  just goes to show you who was not in tight with the last coach we had...  He saved us a lot of money on them 2 yr contracts he worked out.... 

40YrHogFan

I have a huge hangover from celebrating that Shibest is finally gone.

Maybe now we can have special teams that are not a joke.

preach33

Shibest to Ole Miss? Thier Kicker and Punter just said - CRAP

WBChogfan

This is a case of addition by subtraction for the Hogs.

want2be

With gaps in our defense next season special team play will be important

Petrino will instill discipline so we shouldn't see the mental errors.I hope he finds a coach  who is creative. Block a punt, fake a punt, reverse a punt return or kick off return, quick kick on third down, etc.

pigfeet

Jellohawg

Bye Bye Shiebest!!  See ya in Oct. when we kick your a$$!

pigstye

If they're (ole Miss) looking for better special teams play, they might want to look somewhere else rather than at Shibest..He was a good receiver during his day, but not much on special teams the last few years..."adios sianara, good bye, have a great life"

UhOhioHog

Hope they find a food Fair Catch man!

WADHOG

Quote from: 40YrHogFan on December 23, 2007, 09:36:49 am
I have a huge hangover from celebrating that Shibest is finally gone.

Maybe now we can have special teams that are not a joke.
Thank you.  I think Shibest was the biggest joke of them all.  How he kept his job as long as he did is beyond me.  I can't, for the life of me, understand Nutt's obsession with his "clan". 

Ashdownpanther

Kevin

rebels get used to the term punt catcher
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JIHawg

Some of these coaches slow played Nutt, hoping to get an offer from Petrino.  Glad it didn't happen.

hog_fan

Is their a link confirming it? Would make me feel better seeing the link.

Flatline

GREAT NEWS!  I really can not stand him.

Col.Mccoy

theres 7 points in our favor next year.
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union. - Lone Watie

Fort Swine

This is great news for the SEC.  I guess they don't have anybody who can catch a punt.  Where else would a poor special teams coach go?  The performance of the special teams speaks for itself. 
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Hoggish1

Quote from: hogsam on December 23, 2007, 08:58:39 am
Shibest is on his way to ole miss...  guess they want better special teams play...  just goes to show you who was not in tight with the last coach we had...  He saved us a lot of money on them 2 yr contracts he worked out.... 

Shibest to old piss is the greatest relief to date.

Hoggish1

weresoclose

Quote from: WADHOG on December 23, 2007, 10:13:39 am
Thank you.  I think Shibest was the biggest joke of them all.  How he kept his job as long as he did is beyond me.  I can't, for the life of me, understand Nutt's obsession with his "clan". 

At the point when PawPaw was PUBLICLY saying that Dale should fire Shiworst, Nuttsack had grown a pair and was defiant to the man who forced him to hire Gus "Highschool" Malazahn.  Nutt stood up, doing what was worst for the program but best for his pride, and kept the guy on staff.

judgeroyswine

This is the conclusion to a sad story.  Shibest was one of my all-time favorite Hog receivers, and I was glad when he came on board with the Hogs.

But his willing baptism into the MSM and his total inability to coach special teams completely ruined, what up until that time, had been an appreciation on my part.  I could not be happier that he is moving on....and that is truly sad.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

silverhawg

from day one, we all basically agreed that a housecleaning was necessary & i think the old admins coaches knew it too.  Horton is the only one that needs to stary IMO

Hawg_Heaven

dragonfan

that is proof that god shows favor upon the faithful

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: CabotHog on December 23, 2007, 12:00:46 pm
What's the O/U on their punt return yardage next season?

Boy, I dunno. Depends on if they can find a fullback to return punts.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

RazorNoles

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on December 23, 2007, 12:08:20 pm
Boy, I dunno. Depends on if they can find a fullback to return punts.

+1

Quite Frankly

Is he there yet?

I think I know what I want for Christmas.

invisiblehand

so how much does nutt's ego go up now that he has shibest to tell him, in person, how wonderful he is, as opposed to having shibest call and text him throughout the day to relay the message?

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Quite Frankly

Hey, this means we get to play not only WITHOUT him as our ST coach, but we also get the added bonus of playing AGAINST his special teams.

Immensehog

Punt catchers throughout the magnolia state unite!!

Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Bacon The Saddle Again

When was the last time we faked a punt under Shibest?

Quite Frankly

Help me with that one.  "faked a punt under Shibest". 

Probably never been stated before.

3kgthog

I don't know when the last time we faked one was, but I know that we always get one faked against us and it goes for big yardage at least once per season. If Ole Miss forces us to punt next year we should fake it at least twice. It's a guaranteed first down. 

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Quite Frankly on December 23, 2007, 12:51:39 pm
Help me with that one.  "faked a punt under Shibest". 

Probably never been stated before.

They did in the 2004 LSU game.

I don't have to tell you how it went.

Quite Frankly

Selective memory is best applied when used towards UA special teams play. 

josh_sec33

Shiworst is gone?

yay one more gone that I am happy.

Any word on Shanklin yet?
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Big Papa Satan

slopinhogs

jimmy crack corn and i don't care . shibest is in the ditch ,cause the pony run he jump he kick.and i don't care.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Quite Frankly

Shanklin won't be completely known until mid to late Jan.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hogsam on December 23, 2007, 08:58:39 am

...and the cumulative IQ's for both states just went up!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DoghouseHog

jgphillips3

Shibest going down there may be the best news I have heard since HDN "resigned".  Other than Nutt's offensive philosophy, special teams play has been our worst aspect for several years now.

hog_fan

That leaves Alex Wood, Bobby Allen, and Reggie Herring. Reggie Herring shouldn't have a problem getting a job, and Bobby Allen is likely to be retained. That only leaves Alex Wood and surely he can get a job somewhere. I really wonder how motivated these coaches are going to be for the bowl game. 6 of them are headed to Ole Miss.

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: hog_fan on December 23, 2007, 01:37:41 pm
That leaves Alex Wood, Bobby Allen, and Reggie Herring. Reggie Herring shouldn't have a problem getting a job, and Bobby Allen is likely to be retained. That only leaves Alex Wood and surely he can get a job somewhere. I really wonder how motivated these coaches are going to be for the bowl game. 6 of them are headed to Ole Miss.

Your last sentence is what bothers me. 

You have to know Nutt wants Arkansas to lose the ball game since he isn't coaching them.  6 of the coaches are going to work for him in 2 weeks.  Maybe I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist on this, but I can't help but think they've been encourage to not put too much effort in it.  The only one joining Nutt that I KNOW won't coach half assed is Louis Campbell. 

Supposedly the coaches have bonuses built in their contracts for a bowl win.  That's the only thing I can see motivating them. 

I'd hate to be in David Lee's shoes.  If he coaches a wide open game and the offense rolls, EVERYONE will say it proves that Nutt shackled him this year.  He's going to be with Nutt in 2 weeks.  You know Hootie isn't going to take kindly to Lee causing him to receive any criticism. 

hog_fan

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on December 23, 2007, 01:59:33 pm
Your last sentence is what bothers me. 

You have to know Nutt wants Arkansas to lose the ball game since he isn't coaching them.  6 of the coaches are going to work for him in 2 weeks.  Maybe I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist on this, but I can't help but think they've been encourage to not put too much effort in it.  The only one joining Nutt that I KNOW won't coach half assed is Louis Campbell. 

Supposedly the coaches have bonuses built in their contracts for a bowl win.  That's the only thing I can see motivating them. 

I'd hate to be in David Lee's shoes.  If he coaches a wide open game and the offense rolls, EVERYONE will say it proves that Nutt shackled him this year.  He's going to be with Nutt in 2 weeks.  You know Hootie isn't going to take kindly to Lee causing him to receive any criticism. 

I stand corrected. It is 5 coaches  as vaughn which makes 6 is already their. That is still just over half.

Hawgustus Maximus

Quote from: preach33 on December 23, 2007, 09:44:28 am
Shibest to Ole Miss? Thier Kicker and Punter just said - CRAP
their kicker and punter just became crap

badbrad

Jimmy

Nutt had a chance to begin anew at Ole Miss.....And what did he do??  He takes Shibest with him.  Can ya believe it?  Wow....just WOW!!!