Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How bout them diamond hogs

Started by urhogdaddi, March 19, 2005, 09:25:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

urhogdaddi

at least some sport at arkansas can beat a ranked team
Hogs,....Nutt,......Heath,......Polish Sausage

urhogdaddi

yeah, it is amazing how he can get a freshman ready to pitch against the #2 team in the nation

Amityvillehogger

That freshman not only beat them, he kicked their @$$. ;D ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PIGG

Let's hope Boyce can get it going against them today.
Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore!
- Peter Griffin

urhogdaddi

if boyce gets a win today then we have the upperhand in sundays game

PIGG

Hah!

Did you read the article about the game today?  The announcer at the stadium said something like "Yes, the scores on the scoreboard are correct."  Ah, I love it.
Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore!
- Peter Griffin

urhogdaddi

For now on all SEC teams will hate having to play Arkansas b/c we can sweep ya in Baum and we can sweep ya in your stadium

Amityvillehogger

Dont be the jinx, we havent swept them yet, or any other SEC team this year for that fact.  It's coming, but don't jump on it yet.....
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

urhogdaddi

yeah i know but after our football and basketball season i am very exited to about this team

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

msudawgs64

Quote from: urhogdaddi on March 19, 2005, 12:05:59 pm
For now on all SEC teams will hate having to play Arkansas b/c we can sweep ya in Baum and we can sweep ya in your stadium

trust me, we don't hate to play Arkansas in baseball..the only two SEC teams that have winning records over us all time are Florida and Alabama and the gap is actually closing on those two.. This is the only sport we actually excel in.  Baseball is one funny sport and also the one that makes you want to pull your hair out some days, so keep that in mind every time your team hits the field.  I hope you  guys do sweep or at least take 2 of 3 against USC though.  That would make me happy, I can't stand South Carolina but more specifically Tanner the head coach.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Oklahawg

MSU, I'm sure your Dawgs love having another rivalry series. Isn't SEC baseball something? MSU, LSU, Aubbie, Bama and Arkansas...and that's only the west. I think having the 3-game series helps build the rivalries.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

WindyCityHog

Okla....don't forget Ole Miss....they're pretty highly regarded too.

msudawgs64

March 19, 2005, 02:01:30 pm #13 Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 02:42:25 pm by msudawgs64
we do...I enjoy the Arkansas series each year, actually in all sports.
Quote from: Oklahawg on March 19, 2005, 01:26:15 pm
MSU, I'm sure your Dawgs love having another rivalry series. Isn't SEC baseball something? MSU, LSU, Aubbie, Bama and Arkansas...and that's only the west. I think having the 3-game series helps build the rivalries.

we do.. The way it is setup now also allows for better rivalries across the SEC instead of the old way they scheduled it which was that we would have played Arkansas 6 times in the regular season (played a home and away series versus our division) and had a rotational East team each year as a schedule filler.  I like the new format but I have to tell ya, at first I hated it.  As I look at it now though, there is no way I would want to go back to that, I think the 3 game series against each team minus the one rotational team each year is the best format, actually I would get rid of some of the OOC games and have each SEC team play the other SEC teams and get rid of the rotational team, at least in baseball.  I like it in football since we don't have to play the Florida's and Georgia's every year. LOL.  SEC baseball is the best in the country, bar none but it can only get better.  Hell if we are sending 9 teams to the regionals every year then something is being done right.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.