Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Instead of calling for Coach Heath's head, give a solution.

Started by bknight33, March 15, 2005, 12:10:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SonOfMud

Quote from: jkcrunch on March 16, 2005, 10:58:55 pm
I have a solution for you. Go to the games cheer for the players we have on the floor. Stan is not going no where at least in the immediate future. If I was a big time recruit I would laugh at our support. I was at every game this season my seats are in the upper deck. The row I sit on had myself and my wife and one other couple at every game including Kentucky. The row in front of us only had people sitting in it a half a dozen times same goes for the row behind us. We have this really high standard that we expect our programs to live up to yet as fans we are average at best. Watch the people file out early it is disgusting. I spent two years in the sports hell of LA where everyone arrived late and left early, we are almost that bad. If you give a 100% effort as a fan then i appluad you for you are a minority of the folks who attend. The kids see everyone leaving the recruits see everyone leaving, they see us sit on our hands during the game. They say nice things about the fans to be politcally correct.
I dont know if Stan is going to get it done or not but the players who had commited to us are going to get my 110% support for every minute of every game. Lets start there. Lets be as good a fan as we demand our team to be.

With such terrible fans, the Hog faithful still managed one of the top attendances in the SEC.  With a subpar season the Hog faithful still came to the games.  Yes, terrible fan support.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

sooie dog

I have a solution for you. Go to the games cheer for the players we have on the floor. Stan is not going no where at least in the immediate future. If I was a big time recruit I would laugh at our support. I was at every game this season my seats are in the upper deck. The row I sit on had myself and my wife and one other couple at every game including Kentucky. The row in front of us only had people sitting in it a half a dozen times same goes for the row behind us. We have this really high standard that we expect our programs to live up to yet as fans we are average at best. Watch the people file out early it is disgusting. I spent two years in the sports hell of LA where everyone arrived late and left early, we are almost that bad. If you give a 100% effort as a fan then i appluad you for you are a minority of the folks who attend. The kids see everyone leaving the recruits see everyone leaving, they see us sit on our hands during the game. They say nice things about the fans to be politcally correct.
I dont know if Stan is going to get it done or not but the players who had commited to us are going to get my 110% support for every minute of every game. Lets start there. Lets be as good a fan as we demand our team to be.

I will not be back until changes are made.  I have better things to do and I can't belive I would ever say or type this.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: SonOfMud on March 17, 2005, 08:44:39 am

With such terrible fans, the Hog faithful still managed one of the top attendances in the SEC.  With a subpar season the Hog faithful still came to the games.  Yes, terrible fan support.
Kind of knocks a hole in "2500 fans next November" theory. Yea the stands won't be full. But they will be full enough to pay the light bill and still have some money to pay for the Gymbacks and Ladyback Cross Country team, etc. Basketball will continue to be a revenue sport. The sky is not falling and even if Stan stinks it up and has to be run out on a rail, we will right the ship and likely in most of our lifetimes. I will once again repeat my mantra. When/if you show up next November, Stan will be the coach on the bench, and no amount of calling for his head, ass or any other body parts will change that. These opinions are the opinions of this poster only and do not reflect the beliefs or practices of the board at large. ;) WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: PorcineSublime on March 17, 2005, 09:05:27 am
When/if you show up next November, Stan will be the coach on the bench, and no amount of calling for his head, ass or any other body parts will change that.

I'll agree with that, but if people don't start voting with their feet and wallets, there's really not much pressure on management to enact positive change up there, is there? 

I've heard it said that the Chicago Cubs have pretty terrific attendance, considering their year-in-year-out failure to make the playoffs.  The theory is that the ownership really doesn't feel the need to field a winning team like the Yanks do, because the fans come out either way.  Makes sense, why should the owner pay $100mil for payroll when a $70Mil payroll puts just as many butts in the stands?  Donations, merchandise sales, TV ratings, and attendance are pretty much the only tools a Hog fan has available to encourage the program to enact positive change, and a failure to use them is essentially the same thing as voting for maintaining the status quo.

bknight33

Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on March 17, 2005, 10:21:47 am
Quote from: PorcineSublime on March 17, 2005, 09:05:27 am
When/if you show up next November, Stan will be the coach on the bench, and no amount of calling for his head, ass or any other body parts will change that.

I'll agree with that, but if people don't start voting with their feet and wallets, there's really not much pressure on management to enact positive change up there, is there?

I've heard it said that the Chicago Cubs have pretty terrific attendance, considering their year-in-year-out failure to make the playoffs. The theory is that the ownership really doesn't feel the need to field a winning team like the Yanks do, because the fans come out either way. Makes sense, why should the owner pay $100mil for payroll when a $70Mil payroll puts just as many butts in the stands? Donations, merchandise sales, TV ratings, and attendance are pretty much the only tools a Hog fan has available to encourage the program to enact positive change, and a failure to use them is essentially the same thing as voting for maintaining the status quo.

Very good post.  That is the truth.  No doubt no one cares what is spewed out across these message boards.  If you do not like the way things are going, do not buy the tickets.  I think the problem with the whole football thing is that football in the south is a social event.  No one wants to give up their tickets because they are afraid that they will not get them back.  However, I guess one could keep buying the tickets, and just not show up.  Who knows what the solution is?

jkcrunch

We were the top in attendance but we have a facility that hold 20k even against UK we did reach that.   Also with such great support it is more often than not as quite as a church in there.    I wonder what attendance would be if the took a head count at the 3min left in the game. It does not matter if it is a close game or not.  A large piece of the crowd heads out around the 3 minute mark every game.  We cant do anything about Heath and nothing is going to be done for at least a year.   But WE can make Bud Walton/Razoprback Staduim a tough place to play.