Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any speculation....

Started by Fletch, November 21, 2007, 11:05:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

on where this recruiting class will rank nationally?
I feel like $100

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Fletch on November 21, 2007, 11:05:46 pm
on where this recruiting class will rank nationally?

I'd say around 24, maybe 21 if we get Payne.  A lot of good players, but not one that is in the Top 50 hurts us a little.  Still a great class nonetheless for Pelphrey's first year.

mbgrulz

before we signed RC it was 27th. i figure it will go up a few spots, but no major jump. what will really help would be if andre clark went back to a 4 star, then, what would push us into the top 10 or 15 is if we also got payne. that would make us look like this:

**** Fortson 5-11 PG
**** Clarke 6-1 PG/SG
**** Clark 6-10 PF
**** Payne 6-7 SF
***   Moore 6-9 PF
***  Joyner 6-2 PG ???

whether we sign joyner or not will not really affect our ranking. in a way, i kinda hope we don't get him. that way we will have another scholarship for pel to use in 2009. he got us in the top 25 with only 7 months to work with. imagine what he could do with more than a year to work a player?

another thing to note, UA signees Fortson and Moore have each went head to head with the nation's top player at their respective position. Fortson stole the show, and moore held his own agianst Greg Monroe.

hogman1974

mbgrulz

Joyner has SIGNED a letter of intent.  We got him.  He is a good talent and has committed to making our program better.  That was a big decision for him.  I hope you realize that these players ALL read these boards.  And it sucks that Joyner has to come on here and read you type:  "I hope we don't get Joyner."  It's done.  He's coming and I for one am happy about it.  The kid is quick and has a great handle.  Good shooter.  Stop looking at how many stars a player has and view how that would fit into Pel's style.  We need a bunch of quick guards that can handle the ball and pressure the other guards.  Joyner will bring that.  Not trying to piss anyone off here, but let's show some respect for these kids that have made a major commitment to us.  They deserve it.

Sportsguy120

actually i think Joyner is going to be a great asset to us in the future , mbgrulz have u seen this kids highlight video he has a good crossover and makes some very sweet passes , IMO he would be ranked higher if he didn't have grade issues , but to agree with hogman1974 you don't go and recruit just for the sake of getting someone , you make sure that type of player fits the system u plan on running and this kid is perfect for coach pel

dmac4sainthood

Recruiting rankings don't matter a bit...get the guys we want, and coach them.  If the coach likes them enough to sign them, they have to be a good fit, regardless of their arbitrary ranking.