Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A nod to the Razorback fans

Started by Corkscrew Johnson, November 19, 2007, 07:40:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Corkscrew Johnson

I live deep in the heart of enemy country...downtown Austin, TX.  On Friday night I got invited to the Texas game versus UC-Davis.  Not your premier opponent, but it was a suite with free booze.  Can't decline that.

Well, Texas is ranked in the top 20 in the country, and they have had a pretty good team the past 5 years.  Their program is built.   The arena they play in seats almost 17,000.  UC-Davis isn't the best opponent, but Texas is ranked and this is the regular season.  I would be surprised if there were 4,000 people there.  Probably more like 2,500.  I couldn't believe it.  That place was EMPTY.

The Razorback program is vastly underrated.  Some on here scoffed when we only had 9,000 show up for our final exhibition game.  People, that is still in the elite.  When our program was in the gutter in the final years of Nolan and the first years of Heath, we still had more people show up for our games than most teams in the top 25.  We have good facilities and a good tradition...but we have a phenomenal fanbase.  When searching for a head coach after Nolan, Broyles made the comment that we were a top 5 program.  The national media turned their noses up at this.  Well, I think he's not that far off...the dominoes are set up for us to be an annual powerhouse.  When Bud Walton is rocking, there are few atmospheres in college baskeball that can compete.  But just as importantly, when our team is so bad that the Bud should be completely empty, we are still there in support.

Anyway, the Texas game made me realize what we have in Fayetteville.  I hope people haven't forgotten we have something special there!   

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

1highhog

Lay low for awhile longer and we will send someone to get you out of that sewer hole.

Dr Swineglove

Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Sir Squeal-A-Lot

+1!!!

and this is just one more reason I'm excited about my first Hog Ball experiance at Bud Walton!!!

Dec. 1 cant get here soon enough!

GO HOGS!
beating the yellow laundry on the field seems to be a common practice in the SEC!!!

Corkscrew Johnson

thanks guys.  the thing that surprised me the most was that their cheerleaders dance around in chaps...seriously, i would pay admission just for that. 

hogmichael

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 20, 2007, 08:45:51 am
thanks guys.  the thing that surprised me the most was that their cheerleaders dance around in chaps...seriously, i would pay admission just for that. 
Great Post Corkscrew so true!!! +1. Besides the obvious flaw, Austin is a great city. Love getting down there for a stay at the Hotel San Jose and to catch a Bob Schneider show!

razorback903

You want to talk about elite.  Just imagine what it will be like next year when Kentucky comes to the Bud.  Especially if we beat them this year.  They'll have to check the foundation for cracks after the game.
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: razorback903 on November 20, 2007, 10:46:40 am
You want to talk about elite.  Just imagine what it will be like next year when Kentucky comes to the Bud.  Especially if we beat them this year.  They'll have to check the foundation for cracks after the game.

I'm so pumped to get that scene rocking again.  I remember growing up, before my siblings or I were in college, we used to drive up once or twice a year from Little Rock to watch games.  On like Tuesday nights, getting back home after midnight.  Why?  Because if you weren't a season ticket holder, those were the only games you could get seats...in an arena of 20,000+.  It was a hard sell to convince people to give up their season tickets for a game.

chiefsfan

Quote from: razorback903 on November 20, 2007, 10:46:40 am

Texas comes into town to next year dont forget, along with oklahoma.  That will be a fun home season
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

wholehog92

I am so excited about our BBall program.  This year the top 5 don't impress me as much as they have in the past.  If we could develop quickly, we could make an impressive run this year.  If the early draft projections are an indication, we shouldn't lose alot early, so next year looks very good as well with the new recruits and redshirt this year getting stronger.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.